• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young singaporean: Pm lee, please stop bringing in anymore foreign talents!

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Dear Mr Prime Minister,

My name is Delwyn Yee Zheng Ting, aged 21 and I wish to discuss a very dire issue regarding my father Dallas Yee Kok Keong aged 48.

My father is a very hardworking man who was working for Jaguar Landrover as a manager and was forced to resign by his superior who is a Canadian. This particular superior was a bully. He draws a high salary and would always push all the work to my father who was already very busy but my father was way too good a person to make a fuss with him.

His immediate superior drew a high salary but was not able to perform. He even asked my father how to do excel spread sheet and power point. How is this person a foreign “talent”? To me he is just another bad person making use of my dad! My father tried his best to inform the higher authority about this issue but it didn’t work. This was because the top management were all Westerners. Many of the managers from the company resigned, leaving only my father who still turned up for work faithfully everyday.

3 months ago, my father was called up by his Canadian boss and was told that my father had to either resign or be sacked by the company. The reason he gave was they thought my father would also resign like the rest of the managers. They told my father that the company had already employed someone else to replace him. This was even before my father’s resignation. My father had never thought of resigning. But his Westerner boss and superiors, thinking that he might be a threat to the company, forced him to resign.

My father had no choice but to resign and was told to leave the company immediately. My father was a very good manager who was well liked by his staff. He had worked in the company for 6 years and his performance was always good. But he was forced to resign because his Canadian superior was not happy with him for no reason. His performance appraisal for the past 6 years in the company had been good. His customers were also happy with him. But he was forced to leave the company because these foreigners came to work in Singapore bullied my father.

Thankfully, my father, having a good reputation in the industry, was immediately approached by Jaguar in the Philippines. He had to accept the position because he had no choice. He left with my younger brother and sister and my step mother. I am now studying in Poly and cannot go with him. Now I am living alone in Singapore with my family so far away. Is this fair? Is this fair to me or my dad?

I really hope that you can come up with something to bring justice. Why are so many foreign talents allowed to work in Singapore even when they didn’t have the necessary skills? My father told me that his Canadian superior’s salary was so high that the company could use the money to employ 3 managers like my father. Shouldn’t Singaporeans be given the job? Or are the Singaporeans so incapable that we need to hire these foreign talents to come and bully my father.

I know foreign talents are important. But my father is also a talent. He has 30 years of experience in the industry and has been hard working. Why should he lose his job for no good reasons and now have to leave Singapore to work in the Philippines?

Please understand that I miss my father and my siblings. I am now all alone in Singapore. The foreign talents came in to Singapore and now Singapore talents have to leave and families break up. Is this what Singapore should become?

Thank you for listening to me.

Your faithful citizen

Delwyn Yee Zheng Ting

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
if i am confronted with PAP members and a snake...i will shoot the PAP Member first.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Strange article.

He tells LHL not to import FTs.

But he is glad that his father was employed by Jaguar in the Philippines??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Jags and Land Rovers are crap. Anyone with an ounce of pride shouldn't associate with these brands.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange article.

He tells LHL not to import FTs.

But he is glad that his father was employed by Jaguar in the Philippines??

The reason his father has to work in Philippines because there isn't a job with same the same payout here in Singapore. So no choice but to work in Philippines, given a choice why would the father need to leave his relatives and friends who are based here?
Frankly Philippines is not as comfortable as in Singapore, every now and then hit by typhoon and ever so often flooding. And the traffic in the city is crazy.....