• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic cost of the haze?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Been months and we still have the haze:(
Been waiting for the haze to clear up to do my errands but with the PSI in the 160's I am reluctant to go out. http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/central/

In LOS it is common to see people doing cleaning tasks in & out of buildings wearing masks & gloves.

In Spore we have the haze & yet I don't see any such precautions:eek:

Where are the campaigns on how to protect yourself against the worst effects of the haze:confused: Even the N95 masks are sold in Spore do not come with any instructions on how to really use the masks. The masks I bought in LOS were nicely packed in twin packs & came with a pamphlet on how to use the masks.

It's no wonder Sporeans are in poor condition. What other health issues were Sporean exposed to that the PAP hid:confused:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry too much, the tiongs living in polluted cities and eating fake food are still very much kicking and alivE

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the result of the ball-less ness of sinkie losers in your land.

being ball-less, PAP still in power, with PAP still in power , it leads to the PAP fucked up Kee Chiu commenting on the warship of indo, and then lead to the tulanness of indo and set the haze the whole year round to sinkieland.

good luck sinkie, you will never have good air unless you moved out of the pathetic sinkieland.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the G should embargo the months,Sept and Oct, no ministers and Preshitent , be allowed to go overseas unless it is important. Wreath laying is of course NOT important.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the result of the ball-less ness of sinkie losers in your land.

being ball-less, PAP still in power, with PAP still in power , it leads to the PAP fucked up Kee Chiu commenting on the warship of indo, and then lead to the tulanness of indo and set the haze the whole year round to sinkieland.

good luck sinkie, you will never have good air unless you moved out of the pathetic sinkieland.

Quote: THE TULAN-NESS OF INDO...

Hope the Indo under Jojo go head-on with PAP for keeping the corrupt officials billions stashed here.
The Haze problem is some 2 decades old and they will drag their feet and continue to smoke us for the next 2 decades.

Singapore welcomes all the fugitives with stolen money...people like Thaksin, Mugabe, Zhou yongkang and many others. As long as the
dirty money comes in to boost our Financial centre, The Pappies are just as happy to put their morale aside.

Hope Jojo is highly principled and forthright with his rule...then this will keep the arrogant Pappies in check.

Singaporean are helpless against the pappies with their rigorous draconian laws and the ISD..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Quote: THE TULAN-NESS OF INDO...

Hope the Indo under Jojo go head-on with PAP for keeping the corrupt officials billions stashed here.
The Haze problem is some 2 decades old and they will drag their feet and continue to smoke us for the next 2 decades.

Singapore welcomes all the fugitives with stolen money...people like Thaksin, Mugabe, Zhou yongkang and many others. As long as the
dirty money comes in to boost our Financial centre, The Pappies are just as happy to put their morale aside.

Hope Jojo is highly principled and forthright with his rule...then this will keep the arrogant Pappies in check.

Singaporean are helpless against the pappies with their rigorous draconian laws and the ISD..

Singaporeans are not helpless...they just have to come together and get a synergistic balls to action..that is all it takes .. It is just that they dun want to do it..Look at the damage that just 2 person HHH and Roy did to PAP.. what happen when 100k SInkies did that... the PAP will be out the next day... it is that easy..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry too much, the tiongs living in polluted cities and eating fake food are still very much kicking and alivE

They are going to pay a heavy price when there is an increase of people dying of respiratory problems. The same thing will happen in Spore. Now we can add lung problems to all the other cancers people are already suffering from:(

This is Spore's Fukushima. I doubt things will improve in the next few years so I am looking around for a healthier place.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how much it affects gdp? ... if it doesnt cost it 2 plunge, ah loon f**k care ...

If you are very wealthy & had the choice would you choose to stay in a crowded place with a haze problem:confused:

Expats are avoiding HK because of the pollution coming from the mainland. Won't be surprise if the millionaires & billionaires already in Spore are making alternative plans.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny, your hope is here:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Photo from Lee Hsien Loong's Facebook page shows him harvesting lady's fingers at a community garden on 1 Nov.
Speaking at his constituency Ang Mo Kio GRC and Sengkang West’s annual Tree Planting Day yesterday (1 Nov), PM Lee said the Sustainable Singapore Blueprint will be unveiled next week. It will outline Singapore’s environmental priorities and guide its sustainable development until 2030.

“Next week, we will unveil our new Sustainable Singapore Blueprint – the vision, how to make Singapore clean and green for many years to come. It’s a plan which all Singaporeans will be part of, it’s a way to create a home we can all be proud of,” he said.

He said that the government wants to make the whole of the Singapore environment sustainable, friendly to people, also “able to be friendly to the environment as a whole”.

A review of the Sustainable Singapore Blueprint began late last year, and Mr Lee had said then that it will be updated with new initiatives like building more environmentally-friendly hawker centres and reducing Singapore’s carbon emissions.

He also urged Ang Mo Kio residents to do their part for the environment.

They ought to be more conscious about recycling what they use and conserving energy, from using less air-conditioning to turning off the lights and even broadband when not at home, he said.

“In Singapore, we have a small place. When you have rubbish, we have to take it somewhere, we can incinerate it, there’s still the ash. The ash has to go somewhere. We send it to Pulau Semakau,” he said. “But the island is only so big. If there’s too much rubbish and all the ash goes to Semakau and it fills up, then Pulau Semakau will become Bukit Semakau, and we’ll have a mountain of ash made in Singapore. I think no need – better we make less ash, it’s better for all of us.”

Mr Lee added the Ang Mo Kio town council is also working with HDB to identify suitable blocks to install solar panels.

Dr Koh Poh Koon, who is now fast becoming the “godson of Ang Mo Kio”, was seen tagging along with PM Lee’s entourage yesterday (‘Dr Koh Poh Koon no longer ‘Son of Punggol’?‘).

Dr Koh was the losing PAP candidate for the Punggol East by-election last year. He told the media that he has officially relinquished his post of Chairman of the PAP Punggol East Branch. He said, “I came at the invitation of Mr Seng Han Thong (Ang Mo Kio GRC MP), but obviously this is a big GRC so there could be many areas that we could participate and help in.”

Unemployment rate for young degree holders at 7.4%?

Meanwhile, NCMP Yee Jenn Jong has spotted that in the recent Govt Labour Force Survey report of 2013, it stated that the unemployment rate for degree holders below the age of 30 is 7.4%.

This figure is rather high considering the fact that many of the states in America have an unemployment rate below 7% [Link]. At 7.4%, it will be comparable to states in America with high unemployment rate like in California (7.3%), where the state is flooded with many illegal immigrants.

Mr Yee will be asking the government in Parliament tomorrow (3 Nov) [Link]:

(a) what are the reasons behind this relatively high unemployment rate; and

(b) whether the government is taking any measures to address this issue

Back in Ang Mo Kio yesterday, Mr Lee managed to plant a Happiness Tree (Garcinia subelliptica). In all, nine trees were planted by MPs and grassroots members there.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is the political cost?
Paid millions and yet cannot solve problems affecting health of millions of its citizens.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no worries mate! plenty of FTs available to replace sick Sinkies!!

The poor from the 3rd world will want to come here but medical tourists, millionaires & billionaires will think twice.

They will definitely think twice before buying property in Spore. The properties at Sentosa Cove is only a few miles from Batam & I bet they are getting a front seat to the haze:eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cough..cough...cough.. It's Nov 12 & the PSI reading ranges from 89(in the east) to 151(in the south).

If we have the GE next year it will probably be under the cloud of the haze.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
where is the Pres scholar VB? For all the unsuccessful oversea trips n meetings, heshe hv not
been persuasive there. Hiding somewhere? It's unlikely of a past fiery debater.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where is the Pres scholar VB? For all the unsuccessful oversea trips n meetings, heshe hv not
been persuasive there. Hiding somewhere? It's unlikely of a past fiery debater.

I think he is still AWOL. I mean on some "official" business overseas:rolleyes:

You probably won't see the PAP members until after the new year. It's a good time to be away to go shopping in Britain, America,....

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he is still AWOL. I mean on some "official" business overseas:rolleyes:

You probably won't see the PAP members until after the new year. It's a good time to be away to go shopping in Britain, America,....

Yeah, shopping. I wonder what else these greedy scums need to buy next except PRIVACY.