• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans r pretty penny wise and pound foolish. Agree?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy groceries, spend money on health, on friends and needy cases, scrutinize the money and stingy. But when it comes to a cool Beemer or LV handbag, money is no objections?? The luxury dealers r laughing all the way to the bank!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie government have the same affliction,they whine and bitch all day long about paying some poor workers $1000 a month or giving 40 million to singaporean welfare......but when it comes to blowing 4.5 billion on a highway or 1.6 billion stadium no problem sky's the limit.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy groceries, spend money on health, on friends and needy cases, scrutinize the money and stingy. But when it comes to a cool Beemer or LV handbag, money is no objections?? The luxury dealers r laughing all the way to the bank!

You have to be stingy to build up wealth. After wealth is built, $ is mostly spent on expensive items else the $ will overflow , so it is a natural process mah :p:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those 'ai lian' folks will penny pinch on the necessities just to splurge on ostentatious goods, just to flaunt to friends and relatives that they 'got it made'.

I'm all for spending some money on nice things in life, but it is meaningless to cut back on necessities or go into debt to do that. Life is all about balance.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to be stingy to build up wealth. After wealth is built, $ is mostly spent on expensive items else the $ will overflow , so it is a natural process mah :p:biggrin:

The really rich don't need to flaunt. Like the image of the quiet billionare nobody recognize because he is in shorts and slippers going into the Lambo showroom and buying the latest model in cash!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The really rich don't need to flaunt. Like the image of the quiet billionare nobody recognize because he is in shorts and slippers going into the Lambo showroom and buying the latest model in cash!

Peter Lim wear shorts and slippers to go buy a 750 million dollar football club,is that not called flaunting too?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many people desire to be rich precisely because they can get to flaunt. This is (sinkies) human nature. For many sinkies: If you are rich and no one knows, what the fuck you get so rich for?

Flaunting your wealth when you are rich is a BIG motivation to get rich for many sinkies. The example you gave is buying a lambo to flaunt his wealth. Peter lim buying customized super cars and football club is also to flaunt. THat karsono kwee having 30 over cars is also to flaunt.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is they can spend millions on clubs and cars. That's their prerogative. But at the same time, they got to give generously and not be stingy on other things. Cannot a multimillionaire asking to split the bills with his staff or give a pittance to charity.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie government have the same affliction,they whine and bitch all day long about paying some poor workers $1000 a month or giving 40 million to singaporean welfare......but when it comes to blowing 4.5 billion on a highway or 1.6 billion stadium no problem sky's the limit.

salah lah.........I'm very sure some of those billions find its way into some old man's bank a/c.......suspected this since my Secondary school days when I read about hundreds of millions to 1 billion to extend highway/flyover just few hundred metres....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
salah lah.........I'm very sure some of those billions find its way into some old man's bank a/c.......suspected this since my Secondary school days when I read about hundreds of millions to 1 billion to extend highway/flyover just few hundred metres....

singapore construction is a miracle,china they can build longest highway thousands of kilometer for just a few billion.in singapore a 5km highway cost 4 billion....almost 1 billion per kilometer.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Question is whether he stinged on small things. Is he generous to friends and family?

I rarely see or heard the rich being generous to friends and relatives. Most rich people are damn stingy, especially those who setup family business type.And those who stays in semi detach house. I guess it is related to their "everything must win" mindset ,not so much about the $. On the other hand, poor blue collar worker tend to be more generous to friends and relatives :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I rarely see or heard the rich being generous to friends and relatives. Most rich people are damn stingy, especially those who setup family business type.And those who stays in semi detach house. I guess it is related to their "everything must win" mindset ,not so much about the $. On the other hand, poor blue collar worker tend to be more generous to friends and relatives :wink:

well its understandable......because once u feed one of those macaque monkeys pretty soon a whole horde of monkeys is going to turn up,the last thing u want is a whole bunch of leechers and moochers bugging u day and night.which is why they say wealth turns us into anti social animals because every tom dick and harry is going to come knocking for money.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
ugly sinkies need to have more money to compensate for their ugliness, so they use money to spent buying or building beautiful things to make up for it.

the more beautiful people such as models usually dress in slippers and shorts when they are not working because they feel beautiful already.

ugly sinkies are stingy so that they can have more money to compensate for their ugliness and loneliness. those who are less more poor but have lots of friends feel they do not need to spent the money to make up for their loneliness and ugliness so they use the money to benefit other people more than buying branded goods to show off.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

never be generous to sinkies. they will climb and shit all over you.