• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

41% more singaporeans lost their job in 3rd quarter this year

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]41% MORE SINGAPOREANS LOST THEIR JOB IN 3RD QUARTER THIS YEAR[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
31 Oct 2014 - 2:55pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

41 percent more Singaporeans lost their jobs in the last quarter, as compared to the previous quarter.

In the third quarter of this year, 3,400 workers lost their jobs as compared to 2,410 workers in the second quarter.

This is the highest level of redundancy so far this year.

Also, Singaporeans continue to face a higher unemployment situation.

The overall unemployment rate is 1.9 percent but among Singaporeans, this is 2.9 percent. The resident unemployment rate is at a lower 2.8 percent, suggesting that unemployment among citizens is higher than permanent residents.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

There was also a lower growth in employment in the third quarter. Employment increased by a lower 27,100 jobs in the third quarter, as compared to 27,700 in the second quarter

The services sector accounted for the bulk of the increase, making up 87% of the growth, or 23,500 jobs. Manufacturing jobs only came up to 300.

However, the services sector also saw the largest losses of jobs, seeing losses of 1,900 jobs out of the 3,400 jobs lost.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The unemployment rate in Singapore is so low compared to other first world countries that it is very easy to find another job.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Department of Statistics will never release the data on the number of foreigners came to work in Sinkapore in the 3rd quarter. That info will get sinkees so upset that riots could break out.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The Department of Statistics will never release the data on the number of foreigners came to work in Sinkapore in the 3rd quarter. That info will get sinkees so upset that riots could break out.

Foreigners always flock to countries with dynamic economies which are generating wealth.

It is no surprise that a large number of foreigners want to work in Singapore. It is a vote of confidence for the Island Nation and shows what a good job the PAP is doing.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners always flock to countries with dynamic economies which are generating wealth.

It is no surprise that a large number of foreigners want to work in Singapore. It is a vote of confidence for the Island Nation and shows what a good job the PAP is doing.

It's no surprise the people go where the money is.. but Singapore seems to be the only country that is NOT scrutinizing carefully who and what kind of people are getting in. With Fake or dubious qulifications.. questionable work history in their resumes.. and more... Singapore could well be accepting those people that may never have a chance to get to other countries. What's the good in having these kind of trash?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's no surprise the people go where the money is.. but Singapore seems to be the only country that is NOT scrutinizing carefully who and what kind of people are getting in. With Fake or dubious qulifications.. questionable work history in their resumes.. and more... Singapore could well be accepting those people that may never have a chance to get to other countries. What's the good in having these kind of trash?

These trash will push up GDP as they still need to eat, take mrt and use accommodation.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Please do not spread blatant lies that will harm even more bona fide Singapore workers, who have to survive....bringing up families, feeding an expensive government.

The influx of cheap labourers to depress local wages, began around 1985, count , how many years ago was that, in the name of pro-buisiness...we are not talking about "blue collar ones"...but PMET's...but it was done, ever so quietly & subtly...

I give an example....the company I work for, had frozen wage increases, bonuses & other benefits to help it to stay on its feet during the recession of 1984 ( caused by who?), the workers, 'bit the bullet'...after the recession, when the economy became DYNAMIC again, management did not restore increment, & benefits...workers had to fight, " hand & tooth for them"...what did management do?....they quietly went to JB, KL, to recruit staff to fill those they are going to RETRENCH, about a few hundreds of them. They offered these people, working contracts with housing paid & even, sponsorship for PR ( terms & conditions apply)...workers found ut that management consulted...guess who? Ants till you C & got approval....

So you think, this started recently...it began very quietly , decades ago...so please, do not spread blatant lies..yes, "bess are attracted to honey"...but, who are "breeding them bees" & introduce "foreign varieties"...

The point is, don't tell lies, that will harm the rice bowls of people, who need them most... that is a sin!:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I give an example....the company I work for, had frozen wage increases, bonuses & other benefits to help it to stay on its feet during the recession of 1984 ( caused by who?), the workers, 'bit the bullet'...after the recession, when the economy became DYNAMIC again, management did not restore increment, & benefits...workers had to fight, " hand & tooth for them"...what did management do?....they quietly went to JB, KL, to recruit staff to fill those they are going to RETRENCH, about a few hundreds of them.

In the early eighties, the PMETs were earning ridiculously high salaries and allowances because of the acute shortage of qualified personnel.

I remember many of my supervisors holding me to ransom and threatening to resign and join the factory across the street whenever I wanted a bit of extra effort out of them. Many were taking home more than $5000 per month after adding overtime and shift allowances plus whatever other extras they demanded. One of my sups even bought a brand new BMW 320i to show the world that he had made it in life. I could only afford a 1000 cc car at the time.

The recession was a wake up call to all these arrogant PMETs who harbored the belief that the party would last forever.

Fast forward to today and the playing field is a lot more even. Employees now realise that money doesn't come easy and success requires hard work and dedication. The PAP government caused the 1985 recession because they adopted a high wage policy. However, they realised their mistake and now ensure that employers are able to hire the best from around the world instead of being forced to confine their hiring to a select group of arrogant Singaporeans who think the world owes them a living.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the early eighties, the PMETs were earning ridiculously high salaries and allowances because of the acute shortage of qualified personnel.

I remember many of my supervisors holding me to ransom and threatening to resign and join the factory across the street whenever I wanted a bit of extra effort out of them. Many were taking home more than $5000 per month after adding overtime and shift allowances plus whatever other extras they demanded. One of my sups even bought a brand new BMW 320i to show the world that he had made it in life. I could only afford a 1000 cc car at the time.

The recession was a wake up call to all these arrogant PMETs who harbored the belief that the party would last forever.

Fast forward to today and the playing field is a lot more even. Employees now realise that money doesn't come easy and success requires hard work and dedication. The PAP government caused the 1985 recession because they adopted a high wage policy. However, they realised their mistake and now ensure that employers are able to hire the best from around the world instead of being forced to confine their hiring to a select group of arrogant Singaporeans who think the world owes them a living.

Yes, it was a reality check for these people, who like to show off , " they had made it"....the same goes with the cicil servants during the Asian Financial Crisis " playing the fiddle, while Rome burns"....they were showing off their brand new properties, cars, children education etc...

My Point is, it was not only the PMET..who had a reality check, in which till date, they have never recovered from the level they have unless they join the government...but the lower rungs ones, they were bringing in workers to compete with at par with the , clerks, drivers, technicians..etc..at a lower cost & depressing the wages....

That is why, I say..don't lie...the top of the groundnuts plant, look good...but below...the 'groundnuts' are rotten...or had shrunk in size...

Shall not go in depth to argue over economics, finance etc...even the one sitting with the "wan pao" stirring his/her, kopi O..knows......praise, yes, they have done good...over 'toasting' have the opposite effect & lie..that is a different league.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss Sam, you are right, work as a toilet cleaner, security guard, a loong runner, kopikai, prostitute, you want to look for a more decent work TKK (Tan Ku Ku- wait long long).
WDA WorkPro sets up millions of dollars to help employers retain worker, the $ gone where? I was told all gone to so call CONsultant helping shell companies to claim and they pocket the money (every case $20K) - CPIB should investigate these companies that employed dummy workers that pocket millions.

The unemployment rate in Singapore is so low compared to other first world countries that it is very easy to find another job.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What normally happen to sinkie is they quit their job due to unfairness and abuse and ended in the unemployed statistics. Their job is then taken by another non suspicious sinkie who reduce the count in the unemployed - the cycle goes on LOL

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss Sam, you are myopia, there are plenty of money can be earned, do you know the CONsultants helping company to claim for the assistance grant from WDA WorkPro scheme. charging the fee of 20K per case, assuming you have 100 companies that need your help in this year, you are making cool 2 millions dollars. Your company can be 1 man show, but these CONsultants can help you to arrange dummy workers, paying little CPF. These activities has been going on for so many years, the authorities don't know? CPIB don't know? All sleeping. Govt millions dollars of grant benefit the CONsultant or the company be your own judge.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

...similarly, what about the statistics on SPR who "park" themselves in the country and are jobless for more than 3 months?

When jobless, how do these foreigners (SPRs) contribute to the economy? They become the leeches in the country.

Will they be deported or are they classified by papees as "unemployed residents" in the overall statistics? Papees usually do not tell the truth.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss Sam, you are myopia, there are plenty of money can be earned, do you know the CONsultants helping company to claim for the assistance grant from WDA WorkPro scheme. charging the fee of 20K per case, assuming you have 100 companies that need your help in this year, you are making cool 2 millions dollars. Your company can be 1 man show, but these CONsultants can help you to arrange dummy workers, paying little CPF. These activities has been going on for so many years, the authorities don't know? CPIB don't know? All sleeping. Govt millions dollars of grant benefit the CONsultant or the company be your own judge.

To top the cake, some of these consultancy companies are operated by SPR and other foreigners, who know how to take the papees for a ride with their monkey tricks in putting up the applications for WDA scheme. Did the papees act blur or do they just want to throw away the tax payers' money to foreigners? No wonder the foreigners love the paps.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To top the cake, some of these consultancy companies are operated by SPR and other foreigners, who know how to take the papees for a ride with their monkey tricks in putting up the applications for WDA scheme. Did the papees act blur or do they just want to throw away the tax payers' money to foreigners? No wonder the foreigners love the paps.

Maybe operated by cronies so no action taken.

PhraRhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean no need to study so much, a GCE 'N' Level certificate is adequate, go be a cleaner or janitor, what's wrong with that?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss Sam, you are right, work as a toilet cleaner, security guard, a loong runner, kopikai, prostitute, you want to look for a more decent work TKK (Tan Ku Ku- wait long long).
WDA WorkPro sets up millions of dollars to help employers retain worker, the $ gone where? I was told all gone to so call CONsultant helping shell companies to claim and they pocket the money (every case $20K) - CPIB should investigate these companies that employed dummy workers that pocket millions.

Singapore is an equal opportunity society. Anyone can become successful if they set their minds to it.

However, no government can guarantee equal outcomes. Some people are superior to others. It's just a fact of life. You can't blame the PAP for that. It's the way nature shuffles the cards.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, I was told some even has pte collaboration with snef, ntuc staff, how come CPIB allow them to do it?