• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why we call Malaysians Jiu Hu Kias?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Anyway...most sinkie chinese are from Jiu Hu lah...

My grandfather came from Terng Sua to Jiu Hu and settle in Pahang's Temeroh.
They work in Rubber plantations...
In 1949 when communist Mao won against KMT ... there was so much nationalistic feeling and my grandfather return to Terng Sua. Bad move...that is the last you see of him.

Terng Sua = China
Literally translated = Long Hills....whahahahahaha :biggrin:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway...most sinkie chinese are from Jiu Hu lah...

My grandfather came from Terng Sua to Jiu Hu and settle in Pahang's Temeroh.
They work in Rubber plantations...
In 1949 when communist Mao won against KMT ... there was so much nationalistic feeling and my grandfather return to Terng Sua. Bad move...that is the last you see of him.

Terng Sua = China

Then did you find out what happen to your grandpa, or he just mia?

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terng Sua = China

salah bro.

Terng Sua is Hokkien for 唐山

The Tang dynasty is one of the most prosperous in China history and also the period that her diplomacy with other countries were established far and wide. That's why Chinese are still known as 唐人. Chinatown in angmo countries are called 唐人街, not 中国城.

Also, the recent Mediacorp series, 唐山到南洋,basically refers to the immigrants from China to Malaya.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jiu Hu Kia?

Hisham_Keris.jpeg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
salah bro.

The Tang dynasty is one of the most prosperous in China history and also the period that her diplomacy with other countries were established far and wide. That's why Chinese are still known as 唐人. Chinatown in angmo countries are called 唐人街, not 中国城.

Also, the recent Mediacorp series, 唐山到南洋,basically refers to the immigrants from China to Malaya.

Yes, the Cantonese call it " tong san"...the older generation of Cantonese still say, "tong san"..not " chong kok". My mother call it "chong wah men kok"...she is very Nationalist....in Mandarin, "Chunghwamengguo" & Macau " oh moon"...San Francisco " Kam San"....most likely the PAP is calling SINgapura " Kam SAN"..for they never had it so good.:biggrin:

But when I was young...Penang was, "Ping Seng", Kuala Lumpur was ' Cut Long Poor' & Johor Baru " Sun San"...& SEA " Nam Yeong" aka NANYANG...:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
salah bro.

hahaha.....you are rite!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kiao tor u ask leongsam lah...he is a Kiao Tor lah :biggrin:

Kiao tor is a very 'polite term'....my older generation had a even much "polite term"...they call them in my presence, when I was young..." Ma Lai_____"..does not rhyme with "things of halloween"...but is from the earth like "tor"... ha ha ha

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Kiao tor is a very 'polite term'....my older generation had a even much "polite term"...they call them in my presence, when I was young..." Ma Lai_____"..does not rhyme with "things of halloween"...but is from the earth like "tor"... ha ha ha

hahaha...Ke Ling originates from the sound of chains on the indian convicts sent to Malaya for hard labour.

KLing Klang Kling Klang....and evolves into the hokkien word Ke Ling Kia...
All these SS indians mostly have the forefathers as criminals....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ma-lai-jue = 马来猪 = malay pigs