• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Much Does It Cost To Move To Canada?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Should read "How much does it cost to move to Toronto"

Canada is huge. The costs of housing in various cities, eg Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, etc are all different.

Same goes for job opportunities too.

I'm having a blast here in Calgary!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think many Sporeans will prefer Vancouvers mild winters. If cost is an issue can always live in the suburbs like Burnaby

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think many Sporeans will prefer Vancouvers mild winters. If cost is an issue can always live in the suburbs like Burnaby
Good. I like it that most immigrants prefer to go to Vancouver and Toronto. I hope it stays that way! :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The question should be "How much do you gain from cashing out of Singapore?".

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should keep your wonderful life in Calgary a secret then.

It's really not a secret. Decades ago Sporeans would probably have gone to Toronto or Vancouver. Thats where some of my "pioneer age" relatives went to.

Now that it is getting costly in Toronto & Vancouver many are opting to go to Edmonton & Calgary. You can blame the Hongkies & now the PRC chinese for making it so expensive.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's not just the cost. It's the economy. Well with oil prices falling who knows....

But just the other day a friend in Montreal was joking that the Africans and Middle Eastern people like to move to Montreal. The Indians like Toronto. The chinese like Vancouver. And the Canadians are all moving to Alberta.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oil drop is due to america starting to export their own oil reserve besides the arab states relenting to do anything.

It's not just the cost. It's the economy. Well with oil prices falling who knows....

But just the other day a friend in Montreal was joking that the Africans and Middle Eastern people like to move to Montreal. The Indians like Toronto. The chinese like Vancouver. And the Canadians are all moving to Alberta.