• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Return My CPF Thread: Han HuiHui & Roy Ngerng vs the CPF/NParks

Mr Brown is Mr PAP Brown Nose

• Yeah, he's a fucking PAP dog

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No, because he's didn't bother to find out the TRUTH before opening his cb mouth

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Favourite sinkie option: I dunno leh......

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Another money making scheme cooked up by HLP protesters?

Who can beat PAP when it comes to making money and making their wallets fat?
This is a call for donation. Willing donors. Unlike PAP who rob the hell out of you and insult you and make you paranoid. :oIo:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interview with 3 SGs CHARGED FOR SPEAKING UP ON THE CPF

[h=1]EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH 3 SINGAPOREANS CHARGED FOR SPEAKING UP ON THE CPF[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
30 Oct 2014 - 2:50pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

[photo credit: Tan Yunyou]

Last week, there was a flurry of activity amidst the protest scene in Singapore. Fourteen Singaporeans were questioned by the Police for “unlawful assembly” for their participation at the #ReturnOurCPF protest on September 27.

Six of them were later accused of “public nuisance”. Roy Ngerng and Han Hui Hui were saddled with an additional accusation of demonstrating without a permit, under the Parks and Trees Act (which by the way, does not regulate free speech).

On Monday, they went to court to face the accusations levied against them. Their case has been adjourned to November 24 at 3pm.

Why did the six stood and fight for their rights to speak? Why were they eventually penalised for speaking up for their rights?

The Real Singapore caught up with three of them to have a chat and a peek into who they really are, as people.

(1) Thank you everyone for taking the time out to have a chat with us. First off, how are you feeling?
Mr Goh: Thank you. I am doing fine.
Ms Chua: I am upset with the charge. We were just trying to speak the truth and got charged.
Ms Janet Low: I feel trapped. It is making me wonder if true justice exists. I feel like I have to live in fear in a communist country. It feels like I am an innocent victim charged by my employee. I am actually paying the employee to charge the boss.

(2) You have been prosecuted because you were speaking up for your rights. How do you feel about it?
Janet: I wonder – is Singapore really a democratic country? I don’t feel human rights are practised here even though we are a so-called “democratic” country. People are living in fear. What is worse is that people can be charged for speaking at the Speaker’s Corner, which has been designated as the lawful place for protests. What’s more, we actually have an approval for the protest.
Goh: I believe that the Singapore government needs to change.

(3) Let us ask you a very specific question about the CPF. We understand that you have been taking part in the #ReturnOurCPF protests. What motivates you to want to speak up about the CPF?
Chua: I agree with what Hui Hui and Roy have been saying. I do not think that the government is doing the right thing on the CPF policy.
Goh: We believe that our CPF money should be returned to us when we reach the age of 55 years old.
Janet: CPF is our own money. We have the right to get back our money. It is like when we buy an insurance policy and when it matures, the insurance company has to pay us back all the money. It is the same with fixed deposits. For CPF, the maturity is 55 years old, so the CPF Board has no right not to return us all the money. It is considered as a breach of contract. If the bank or company owes a person money and refuses to return the money, he can report to the Police. So, I wonder if we should consider reporting to the Police if the CPF Board refuses to return us all our money when we reach 55 years old. Why should we work until we die? We are not slaves of work.

WbGA0Ud.jpg

(4) If there can be one change made to the CPF, what would you like it to be?
Chua: The Singapore government is holding our CPF and is unwilling to let us withdraw more of our own money. I think we should be allowed to withdraw a higher amount. If 55 is too early to withdraw, then we should be allowed to withdraw at 60. 65 is too long.
Janet: There is no need to split the CPF into so many accounts (Ordinary Account, Special Account, Medisave Account etc). It should not be made so complicated. If someone has enough inside the CPF, they should be able to deduct their medical expenses from the CPF. The government should return our CPF money at 55. I believe we need transparency on how our CPF is being managed.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

(5) Can we ask you if you are working now?
Goh: Yes
Chua: Yes, in an office position.
Janet: Yes. I hope to retire at 60 because I have a health problem.

(6) Would you be comfortable with sharing how much you earn with us?
Chua: Below $1800.
Goh: Less than $1,500.

(7) Many of you are in low-paying jobs. Are you worried about the legal fees and fines?
Goh: Most of us are in low-income jobs. We are worried that we will lose our jobs and won’t be able to find another job. Also, we are reaching 45. It will be even more difficult to look for a job later.
Janet: Of course, even the rich will also worry. It does not feel right to be charged for protesting when there is an approval for protesting at a place which allows lawful protests.
Chua: There are of course worries. We wanted to speak up and let more Singaporeans know the truth about the Singapore government. The Hong Lim Park is meant for the expression of speech. The government should be able to accept criticism from the people, because it is the people’s voices. Now, each of us have to fork out at least $6,000: $1,000 for the fine and $5,000 for the legal fees. The legal fees are too expensive and is higher than the fine. I do not know if I can afford to hire the lawyer. It might be better to just pay the fine.

(8) Many of you are earning low incomes. What made you so brave to stand up and speak up, even though you might "have a lot to lose", as some people have put it?
Chua: If I realise that the Singapore government has made a mistake, I will speak up. If the government does something wrong and is unreasonable, the people should know. If a government does not take care of its own citizens as the priority, it will not be loved by its citizens. If they are not doing their job, we should vote them out.
Janet: I just want to bring across my views on life. Political parties are elected to serve the people, not to serve themselves. If we want change, we would need two-third of parliament seats to be taken by the other parties. We need to create solutions to improve our system. Lastly, we have to be reminded of our pledge – for truth, justice and equality. I hope the civil servants remember that they are not working for one person or one party. The paymasters are the taxpayers. We should not have to feel threatened or to live in fear. If so, we need to change the government.

TXemzRT.jpg

(9) Many Singaporeans support the six of you for standing up and speaking up. What do you have to say to them?
Janet: I am very thankful to everyone for being with us and to unite together with us to fight, even while against the odds. We want to see changes so that there will be no abuse of power. We want to see checks and balances, transparency and accountability. We want to improve the welfare of the people.
Chua: Hui Hui and Roy know that Singaporeans have been taking advantage of Singaporeans for a year already. We cannot continue to let the Singapore government hold on to our CPF savings. Now, the Singapore government is unwilling to do the things that the people want to be done. Our CPF and our lives are being controlled. If they are not doing their job, why are we still keeping them in government for?
Goh: We speak up not only for ourselves. We speak up for everyone in the nation.

IMnload.jpg

(10) We applaud you for your courage. You are fighting for the future of Singapore and for your children. Can you share with our readers what your hope for Singapore is?
Chua: The government should put its own citizens as the first priority. Any rules and regulations should be made for the people, and not for the government. The Singapore government right now focuses on how to let themselves become rich, but they are not thinking of how to help Singaporeans become rich. This is not working for the people. The government also treats us like outsiders. The government spends money to give financial assistance to foreigners for their university education but it’s difficult for Singaporeans to get scholarships. Other countries are not like this. We should not allow Singaporeans to be bullied. The government also should not keep increasing rental fees, HDB flat prices should be reduced and so should food prices and other products and services.
Janet: I have a list as well. I would like to see true justice and equality, and true democracy. There shouldn’t be an abuse of power. There should be better welfare for Singaporeans. We should subsidise our children. There should be cheaper housing for the young, singles and single parents. They shouldn’t have to wait until 35. The MRT shouldn’t be packed like sardines and there should be shorter waits to see the doctor. We shouldn’t have propaganda news from the media and we should stop brainwashing our children.
Chua: There should also be fair elections. The GRC should be revoked and there should only be SMCs. Also, the government shouldn’t be so arrogant.

(11) One last question before we end! How do you think Singaporeans can achieve the dream of a better Singapore?
Goh: We hope that the environment in Singapore will change and salaries will increase.
Chua: Don’t vote the PAP. Let more opposition parties enter the parliament so that there will be various parties which make up government, other than the PAP.
Janet: Vote PAP out.

We thank you for your time and we hope for the best for you! Do stay strong and keep fighting. Singaporeans will be watching the government's next steps!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Interview with 3 SGs CHARGED FOR SPEAKING UP ON THE CPF

Waste of time. Just show the middle finger at the ballot box.....but which Opposition Party will take up this matter? Whoever does so get my vote. If not, spoil the vote.

Vote for fuck!!???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Waste of time. Just show the middle finger at the ballot box.....but which Opposition Party will take up this matter? Whoever does so get my vote. If not, spoil the vote.

Vote for fuck!!???

If you spoil the vote, might as well vote for the PAP or just don't turn up and waste your time. :rolleyes:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you spoil the vote, might as well vote for the PAP or just don't turn up and waste your time. :rolleyes:

If you are eligible to vote and did not turn up, the Election Dept will know who you're. While it is not mandatory to vote, if you do not turn up, you will be struck off the elector registry and you need to give some reason to have it reinstated.

If you up and then spoil the vote, your identity is only narrowed down to the precinct level. You remain anonymous. No one knows you spoil the vote.

Spoiling the vote is not the same as opting out of voting in an election.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

don't listen to this PAP fuck kopiuncle, do not spolit vote..just vote the opposition and then you will see the downfall of PAP.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Six s'poreans charged for speaking up on cpf raised $8,000 over 6 days

[h=1]SIX S'POREANS CHARGED FOR SPEAKING UP ON CPF RAISED $8,000 OVER 6 DAYS[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
31 Oct 2014 - 3:48pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

[photo credit: Tan Yunyou]

The six Singaporeans who were charged in court earlier this week have raised more than $8,000 so far.

As of yesterday, $8203.10 was raised via the POSB Savings Account 279-12328-0. The bank account belongs to Han Hui Hui. TRS understands that the account has been set aside for the activism work.

Ms Han, Roy Ngerng and four others were accused of “public nuisance” for speaking up at the #ReturnOurCPF protest on September 27.

Ms Han and Roy were also being accused of holding a demonstration without a permit under the Parks and Trees Act. It is understood, however, that a permit is not required to demonstrate at the Hong Lim Park. Roy is also currently facing a defamation suit by the Singapore prime minister.

The more than $8,000 was raised over the past six days. More than 40 Singaporeans have donated thus far to support the six.

The amounts donated ranged from as low as $1 to as much as $2,000.

A person who called himself, “HELPER”, donated the $1.00.

Another person stated on his account that he donated $200 as the “legal fund for 6”.

There was also a Ms Angela Tan who also donated $1,000 to the six. She said on her Facebook, “To Roy Ngerng Yi Ling, Han Hui Hui and all the fellow comrades, I salute your courage and perseverance to do what you think is right! This is my token of appreciation. Many thanks for your sacrifice. God bless you all. Hope we can triumph over the evil ones and silence the naysayers.”

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Earlier this week, it was reported that the six would need to raise a total of $46,000 for the fines and their legal fees.

Lawyer, M Ravi, who is currently representing them at least until the pre-trial conference, has asked for $30,000 in legal fees. They would each have to pay $5,000.

For the charge of “public nuisance” that the six face, they can be penalised by up to $1,000 each. For the extra charge that Ms Han and Roy face, they would lose up to another $6,000. In total, the six can be set back by as much as $16,000.

In an interview, one of the six, Ms Chua, said, “The legal fees are … higher than the fine.” Ms Chua, who earns less than $1,800 in a month, was also worried about being able to pay the fine and asked if she should hire a lawyer, because the fees to pay the lawyer is higher than the fine itself.

TRS understands that the funds raised will be go towards paying for the fines of the six, before being used to pay for the legal fees.

The six were charged for speaking up over the CPF issue at the protest.

Ms Chua had said, “The current government does not love Singaporeans. If a government does not take care of its own citizens as the priority, it will not be loved by its citizens.”
She also said, “If I realise that the Singapore government has made a mistake, I will speak up.”

Ms Janet also told TRS, “Political parties are elected to serve the people, not to serve themselves.” She added, “We should not have to feel threatened or to live in fear. If so, we need to change the government.”
Ms Han had earlier told TRS, “We need to fight for our rights for the freedom of speech and it is now our hard-earned CPF monies at stake. We need to unite and fight for transparency and accountability, it is time for people to stand up and practise people's power now.”

On his Facebook, Roy told his supporters, “At the end of the day, don't we all want a fairer and more equal society, so that we our children will also have better futures?”
He also said, “Please continue to stand in solidarity with us. We have to protect our right to speak up, so that we can continue to voice out on the CPF, and the things that matter to us in Singapore. We have to continue to remain united so that we can see a more just and fair Singapore come to fruition.”

Supporters who would like to send their funds to the six can transfer their funds to POSB Savings Account 279-12328-0. For latest updates on the fund raising, readers can go to the Empowering Singaporeans Facebook page.

VGhX1ZK.jpg

zu2pUfm.jpg

zFDvCBe.jpg

s5G2bTW.jpg

Q8fs3Dn.jpg

NkcQBve.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Six s'poreans charged for speaking up on cpf raised $8,000 over 6 days

$8000 is pathetic considering the fact that there are more than 1.5 million Singaporeans who could easily give $1 each if they bought the lies of Roy and HHH.

This proves that the majority of Singaporeans have full confidence in the PAP and the CPF scheme and want nothing to do with this con job.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good. This is like voting with your wallet.
Hope more will know to vote with their ballot slips come GE.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is pretty fucking stupid,like some kind of charity fund raiser just to make PAP rich.....if sinkeis had any balls they would be out there marching and protesting on the streets not just donating money,this kind of games will never get u anywhere,PAP will just use their judiciary and administrative powers to keep fucking around with u......

look at the goddam hong kies,one protest is all it takes,the hong kong government has no choice but to stand down and negotiate.it is real protests and demonstrations that governments are afraid of,not Roy and HHH two individual dogs barking.come on sinkies where are ur fucking balls?10,000 of u marching down oxley road is enough to finish PAP off once and for all,be like the fucking hong kies!!!!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

$8000 is pathetic considering the fact that there are more than 1.5 million Singaporeans who could easily give $1 each if they bought the lies of Roy and HHH.

This proves that the majority of Singaporeans have full confidence in the PAP and the CPF scheme and want nothing to do with this con job.

Ask the 1.5 million to voluntarily donate $ 1 to a good cause espoused by the PAP.
Then we can gauge the support. Most people support indifference.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ppl should not donate any more money. Not becos of the fines the Courts are going to impose which the amount donate now already can be used to pay but..

THE LAWYERS DEFDNDING THESE BUNCH OF PPL ARE USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CON MONEY TO THEIR OWN COFFERSS.

Hell if these so call 'want to see justice being done lawyers' are so committed to defend these ppl for the sake of their beliefs they should be DOING IT FOR FREE!!

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ppl should not donate any more money. Not becos of the fines the Courts are going to impose which the amount donate now already can be used to pay but..

THE LAWYERS DEFDNDING THESE BUNCH OF PPL ARE USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CON MONEY TO THEIR OWN COFFERSS.

Hell if these so call 'want to see justice being done lawyers' are so committed to defend these ppl for the sake of their beliefs they should be DOING IT FOR FREE!!

Agree...the Kek Leng lawyer should defend for free...wtf charge them 30k...a real snake...knn

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pinkyloong must work for free then after plundering local sinkies.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

....look at the goddam hong kies,one protest is all it takes,the hong kong government has no choice but to stand down and negotiate.it is real protests and demonstrations that governments are afraid of,not Roy and HHH two individual dogs barking.come on sinkies where are ur fucking balls?10,000 of u marching down oxley road is enough to finish PAP off once and for all,be like the fucking hong kies!!!!

The protest now happening in HK is really not a protest against the HK Govt which is just a puppet of the commies in PRC. The protest is aimed at forcing the commies to back down on their hold on HK. Think of it, the protest is in vain because the commies will not budge an inch. Protestors cross the line, the commies will shoot.

In singapore, such a protest similar to HK is disastrous. The country will shake, rattle and fall and every sinkie will be affected. You can shake and rattle the papees to vote them out but never shake and rattle your own country. The country must not suffer, livelihood of every sinkie must be protected.

Foreign countries will be happy to see the collapse of sinkie land and sinkies must not be so stupid to destroy their own country. Hantam the papees, but never hantam your own rice bowl.