• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indranee tell bosses don't look at paper qualifications, but her party loves scholars

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Indranee tell bosses don't look at paper qualifications, but her party loves scho

I don't see the govt matching their words with actions.

Firstly all civil service and GLC are academic conscious. Not only are they particular about a person's paper qualification, the university u come from also matters. It operate like a keleng caste system, highest the scholar caste, local graduate caste, overseas graduate caste and the lowest off-shore degree caste.

Secondly they are saying there isn't enough executive jobs to support the number of graduates. Then why are they still importing foreigners with degree to compete with sinkies graduates for jobs?

Third none of the ministers and MPs set an example by sending their children to places like ITE or poly. How to convince the peasants?

The order is like this

English IVY League University (rank 1)
American IVY league ( Rank 2 )
AH NEH Dubious University ( Rank 3)
NUS NTU (Rank 5 )
SIM ( Rank 4 )

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Indranee tell bosses don't look at paper qualifications, but her party loves scho

I don't see the govt matching their words with actions.

Firstly all civil service and GLC are academic conscious. Not only are they particular about a person's paper qualification, the university u come from also matters. It operate like a keleng caste system, highest the scholar caste, local graduate caste, overseas graduate caste and the lowest off-shore degree caste.

Secondly they are saying there isn't enough executive jobs to support the number of graduates. Then why are they still importing foreigners with degree to compete with sinkies graduates for jobs?

Third none of the ministers and MPs set an example by sending their children to places like ITE or poly. How to convince the peasants?

I have seen the job ads of a certain ministry (not going to specify which one) remove certain wordings specifying a preference for honours graduates. It happened shortly after the National Day Rally speech this year.

Whether that translates to a meaningful shift in policies for hiring and pay scale, remains to be seen. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You know that paper qualifications matter less when employers don't care if you graduated from NUS or some university in Manila or Chennai. So what if you are from RI or Chinese High? Employers care even less about those so-called elite schools. They only care if you can do the job for a cheaper price.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Usual forked tongue double speak ,"do as i say but not as i do".