• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Filipino raised in singapore: I feel embarrassed to call myself a filipino

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came across this article in The Real Singapore.. was surprised that a pinoy actually feels embarrassed about those rude bunch who picnic anywhere they please in Orchard (and other places)

http://therealsingapore.com/content/filipino-raised-singapore-i-feel-embarrassed-call-myself-filipino?fb_comment_id=fbc_593063367489631_594153310713970_594153310713970#f1a111ca0c

More importantly.. there's a flurry of posts and replies from rude Filipinos to this article.. and some bordering on threats and more to anyone who responded against them.

One interesting reply was from a seemingly pinoy with a position in one of the provincial government offices in the Philippines.. but when queried, she responded that she was responding in her own personal manner and not on hehalf of the Philippines government.

Surprisingly, many Filipinos choose to ignore that the writer indicated that not ALL Filipinos were rude.. and that writer was only embarrassed by those who were rude and unruly and inconsiderate bunch of Filipinos. In the end, race, nationality and even writer's parents were dragged into the discussion.

With this showing of how "beautiful" the Filipino culture is, when being pointed out that some of their country-folk were not behaving properly when in a foreign country.. can anyone wonder if they have any sense of logical reasoning skills in their brain?

Go check out the replies if you don't believe me.