• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mobile Air thread: Huat ah!

belnibone

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: sim lim shop refunds customer 1k in 5 and 10 cents

Has anyone been jailed for paying like this? I mean between 2 people or a business which has no connections to the govt.

Very likely got law against this because if not I'm sure many people would love to go to IRAS and pay their taxes in 5 cent coins.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very likely got law against this because if not I'm sure many people would love to go to IRAS and pay their taxes in 5 cent coins.

but will the govt enforce it?

Let's say you repay a loan to a friend and you give him a bag of 5 cents can he call police to arrest you?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like this Mobile Air shop is damn notorious. 14 complain cases in 3 months! CASE and Sim Lim Square suck cock and can do nothing but post this useless notice on their website.

http://www.case.org.sg/consumer_guides_consumeralerts.aspx

DtG5MN3.png

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

but will the govt enforce it?

Let's say you repay a loan to a friend and you give him a bag of 5 cents can he call police to arrest you?

Can't believe you guys are so ignorant
Read below

Coins are not legal tender for payments over $2 (for 20c and smaller coins) or over $10 (for 50c). $1 coins are legal tender regardless of the amount.

Under the Currency Act (Chapter 69), coins issued by MAS shall be legal tender up to their face value in Singapore as follows:

a) in the case of coins of a denomination exceeding 50 cents - for payment of any amount;
b) in the case of coins of a denomination of 50 cents - for the payment of an amount not exceeding $10; and
c) in the case of coin of a denomination lower than 50 cents - for the payment of an amount not exceeding $2.

Locally car dealer karsono gwee also paid court settlement of millions in $2 notes.
Took the bank whole day to count

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Took the bank whole day to count

knn learn how to read la.

Who the fuck doesn't know it's legal or not.

The point of the matter is will they actually enforce it if someone decides to kuai lan with you.

Seriously look at the topic in this thread itself. They refunded her over 1k in 5 and 10 cents. Yet according to the law in which you quoted in part c you cannot use 5 and 10 cents to pay an amount not exceeding $2 but they paid her an amount more than 1k. Based on that alone they should be charged right? But they aren't.

So please answer my question. Will police and the court enforce this law? No shit sherlock it's stated there but will it be enforced?

Last edited by a moderator:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

knn learn how to read la.

SG police confirm say no case, so no need do paperwork, they need to concentrate on catching Ah Longs and pimps and traffic offences.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

How is it possible to buy an iPhone for $3k? Can people be that stupid?

Can I answer your question with another question so that you will forever never ever ask another question about HOW stupid Sinkie can be?

How about is it posssible for so many Sinkie to vote for PAP time and again, when they are promised more GOOD YEARS every time? Can Sinkie be that stupid?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The article refers to the customer as "lady" . I suspect it might be a PRC Chinese because locals know about the bad rep of Sim Lim Sq:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The article refers to the customer as "lady" . I suspect it might be a PRC Chinese because locals know about the bad rep of Sim Lim Sq:smile:

Cannot use this logic machiam bro mentioned.....
Many of the 60.1% also aware of vile pappies evil ways but still chose voted to be arse fucked.

Reply to Jah....if not illegal then poodles won't be summon.

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beng vs PRC,
kuailan vs uncivilised,
kuailan always win cuz face still impt to PRC.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have lunch at Sim Lim Sq once a week.
The hokkien speaking bengs at this bldg very fierce one.
Talk loudly and when walk pass their shop they will stare and size you up.
Will look at them in the face and tell them to stand far away from me.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Will look at them in the face and tell them to stand far away from me.

They can stare and size you up all they want, you aren't doing business with them. :cool:

They also look sour when you shop from the upper floors and walk towards the exit on the ground floor without even looking at their shops. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

SL square is where all these money launderers operated...Cheng Hu also boh chap...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if not illegal then poodles won't be summon.

Poodle are summoned cos of the overcharging and not the refund in coins also it took them 4 hours to negotiate when its quite clear cut that its only up to 2 bucks in 5,10 cent coins. Those sls guys are not jailed for this.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hey the government has to be pro business alright?remember sim lim square was bought by a rich fucker for 200 million,the owner needs renters to recoup his investments and earn a living,if the police anyhow clamp here and clamp down there on vice activities how is the owner going to fill his rice bowl?remember a ceo once said,everyone can shop at sim lim square,its whether u choose to or not.

Last edited: