• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mobile Air thread: Huat ah!

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jover Chew's mother says he is a filial son.

Which mother wouldn't proclaim their son is good and filial?

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jover C.'s mother ought to be ashamed of herself. She polluted the world by badly raising a fucked up son and caused distress to humanity.

Parents like these ought to suffer the same retribution as their offspring.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jover's wife files police report against harassers

PrawnBrokers Act ( Chapter 222 )

PrawnBroker's Licence

Mobile Shops "Boh Chap "

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for a lot of parents, filial means son earn big money

Clean money or dirty money doesn't matter, as long as the gifts and allowance money and overseas trips come regularly, you are a filial son and all is forgiven. :wink:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Just curious. What about the Lemon Law? Isn't it in place against such practices?

What lemon law? Our laws ain't really protecting consumers much, is it? If businesses fail, who suffers? Retailers or the landlords?

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Media attention the way to tackle errand shops in Sim Lim Sq? How maid got a refund for phone she bought
Posted on 09 November 2014 | 16,856 views | 45 comments

More Sharing Services

PHOTO: The Straits Times
Police reports have been lodged against Mobile Air, the Sim Lim Square shop that has become infamous for its unfair sales tactics.

The police yesterday released a statement saying they were looking into the matter, as well as a related report of intentional harassment.

According to The Straits Times, the series of media reports on Mobile Air over the past week was read by Mr Christian Ratnam while on holiday in Australia. When he returned to Singapore on Thursday evening, he was shocked when his family's 43-year-old maid, Ms Ati Rohi, told him she had fallen prey at another Sim Lim shop.

On Sunday, she paid $450 for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone from Mobile 22. After Mobile Air, the shop has the most complaints against it filed with the Consumers Association of Singapore.

Ms Ati, who initially purchased the phone as she was in the area and was offered a good price, was then asked to sign a receipt for a warranty, which she did.

That was when her nightmare began - she was told the warranty would cost her an additional $957.60. Shocked and scared, the Indonesian maid who has been working for 12 years in Singapore haggled for half an hour with a salesman.

"I told them, if I ask my employer for so much money, surely I will get a scolding. They told me to ask my friends for the money."

The salesman told her the shop would keep the phone until she returned with enough money.

She left the shop having spent $450, but with nothing to show for it. Yesterday, Mr Ratnam accompanied Ms Ati to the shop to resolve the issue, after informing The Straits Times.

Four salesmen were at the shop at the time, but only one talked to Mr Ratnam. He insisted that Ms Ati had signed the receipt for the warranty and owed the amount stated on it. The receipt did not have the name of the shop or any receipt number.

But, realising they were being observed, the salesman changed tack and said he could return the maid the $450, but would keep the GST charged on the phone.

When Mr Ratnam, who is self-employed, stood firm, the salesman took out a $1,000 note and asked if he had change. Mr Ratnam said he did not.

After getting $50 notes from a money changer next door, the salesman handed $450 to Mr Ratnam, crushed Ms Ati's receipt and threw it onto the floor.

The whole affair was over in five minutes.

Read more stories about the Sim Lim Square saga here

Heaven

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Online vigilante group in Sim Lim saga says its Paypal account was suspended

Published on Nov 10, 2014 11:00 AM

4eSM9JC.jpg

SMRT Ltd (Feedback), a satirical and online vigilante group, has gotten its Paypal account suspended after it had started to post personal details about the errant Sim Lim Square shopkeeper last week. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG

By Kash Cheong

SINGAPORE- The online group which splashed personal info on an errant Sim Lim retailer on the Internet said its Paypal account has been suspended.

The account was suspended due to "suspicious activity", said the group which calls itself SMRT Ltd (Feedback) in a Facebook post on Saturday.

SMRT Ltd (Feedback), a satirical group that mocked the breakdowns and disruptions on public transport, was set up in 2011.

In the past week, it has started to post personal details about the errant shopkeeper Jover Chew after he was found to have used illegal sales tactics and humiliated a Vietnamese tourist.

Mr Chew's personal information and addresses of his various businesses, including that of his wife's, were shared over online forums and the Facebook page of SMRT Ltd (Feedback).

Some held up shirts with expletives in front of the shuttered Mobile Air shop and these photos were seen on the Facebook page of SMRT Ltd (Feedback). Multiple fast-food orders were also delivered to a home registered in Jover Chew's name.

It also started a campaign on crowdfunding site Indiegogo to raise US$10,000 in order to continue its activities and it launched a fund-raising effort on site youcaring to raise $5,000.

A check on both sites on Monday morning showed that the link to Indiegogo was broken while the fundraising campaign youcaring was still up.

It is not known who is behind the group, as the administrators of the Facebook page have remained anonymous.

But while their actions have been praised by some, politicians have warned against vigilantism.

Some netizens have gone "too far" and the police is probing in to a case of harassment in the recent Sim Lim Square saga, said Second Minister for Home Affairs S Iswaran, posting on Facebook on Saturday.

"Do exercise restraint and do not take matters into your own hands. Let due process take its course," Mr Iswaran urged on his Facebook page last Saturday.

"The Government is also studying other measures to protect consumers better. This may take some time especially if we need to amend our laws."

Ms Winnie Koh, Mr Chew's wife, said in reports that she had filed a police complaint against SMRT Ltd (Feedback).

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Warranty is auto when u buy the phone.. Where got pay extra for warranty.

That is what happen when you are close to a sinkie. Luckily I stay away from sinkies.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shows what cowards these criminal shopkeepers are. It also shows that had the police or CASE leant a little bit on them, they'd have backed off. Instead, both the police and CASE have appeared to be on their side. And of course, they've found yet another ally in S Iswaran.

Media attention the way to tackle errand shops in Sim Lim Sq? How maid got a refund for phone she bought
Posted on 09 November 2014 | 16,856 views | 45 comments

More Sharing Services

PHOTO: The Straits Times
Police reports have been lodged against Mobile Air, the Sim Lim Square shop that has become infamous for its unfair sales tactics.

The police yesterday released a statement saying they were looking into the matter, as well as a related report of intentional harassment.

According to The Straits Times, the series of media reports on Mobile Air over the past week was read by Mr Christian Ratnam while on holiday in Australia. When he returned to Singapore on Thursday evening, he was shocked when his family's 43-year-old maid, Ms Ati Rohi, told him she had fallen prey at another Sim Lim shop.

On Sunday, she paid $450 for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone from Mobile 22. After Mobile Air, the shop has the most complaints against it filed with the Consumers Association of Singapore.

Ms Ati, who initially purchased the phone as she was in the area and was offered a good price, was then asked to sign a receipt for a warranty, which she did.

That was when her nightmare began - she was told the warranty would cost her an additional $957.60. Shocked and scared, the Indonesian maid who has been working for 12 years in Singapore haggled for half an hour with a salesman.

"I told them, if I ask my employer for so much money, surely I will get a scolding. They told me to ask my friends for the money."

The salesman told her the shop would keep the phone until she returned with enough money.

She left the shop having spent $450, but with nothing to show for it. Yesterday, Mr Ratnam accompanied Ms Ati to the shop to resolve the issue, after informing The Straits Times.

Four salesmen were at the shop at the time, but only one talked to Mr Ratnam. He insisted that Ms Ati had signed the receipt for the warranty and owed the amount stated on it. The receipt did not have the name of the shop or any receipt number.

But, realising they were being observed, the salesman changed tack and said he could return the maid the $450, but would keep the GST charged on the phone.

When Mr Ratnam, who is self-employed, stood firm, the salesman took out a $1,000 note and asked if he had change. Mr Ratnam said he did not.

After getting $50 notes from a money changer next door, the salesman handed $450 to Mr Ratnam, crushed Ms Ati's receipt and threw it onto the floor.

The whole affair was over in five minutes.

Read more stories about the Sim Lim Square saga here

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

last time mata say...tat ish nothing dey can do bout it...now say...dey will look into it...say oredi like neber say...mata say sumting...for de sake of...saying sumting...cum...Moi clap 4 poodle...:biggrin::biggrin:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most of these beng shops would give you a "not happy you go complaint! go report police! go report CASE! Sue me lah!"
Singaporeans are too civil. In another country that Jover would have been wrapped in a guni sack and have the living daylights whacked out of him.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screw Paypal. People have been complaining about it for a while. Use some other payment site.

[video=youtube;U_4wzwxJdyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_4wzwxJdyQ[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of these beng shops would give you a "not happy you go complaint! go report police! go report CASE! Sue me lah!"
Singaporeans are too civil. In another country that Jover would have been wrapped in a guni sack and have the living daylights whacked out of him.

These errant retailers are also emboldened by the pro-business authorities, who I suspect are in cahoots with each other.

Where else can you find a consumer rights watchdog group infested with members of the ruling political party? No conflict of interest? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Warranty is auto when u buy the phone.. Where got pay extra for warranty.

That is what happen when you are close to a sinkie. Luckily I stay away from sinkies.

Then just fuck home to matland and also stay away from a Singapore forum.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
These errant retailers are also emboldened by the pro-business authorities, who I suspect are in cahoots with each other.

Where else can you find a consumer rights watchdog group infested with members of the ruling political party? No conflict of interest? Yeah right. :rolleyes:
should check how many PAP cronies own the shops in Sls...