• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mobile Air thread: Huat ah!

Heaven

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

20172984c7bd6da3e4277965dba0b3e2b285edb5.png

Last edited:

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jover chew's wife: My husband has been hanging out with bad company

he wont hv a hard time 1

ask him to brg in 20 atb mei mei and charge sg20 a session

after customers piak piak, charge them another sg 1000 else release their beedio

over the internet lo

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

salavaging ..... sounds fake!

joeyboey

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hanging out in bad company? He looks like bad company himself.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=1]JOVER CHEW'S WIFE: MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN HANGING OUT WITH BAD COMPANY[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
7 Nov 2014 - 9:13pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Mobile Air owner Jover Chew has been the subject of intense internet scrutiny the past few days. His wife, Ms Winnie Koh was also at the receiving end of the public backlash.
Jover Chew's shop became infamous after two recent incidents -- recently refunding a woman $1,010 in coins, which included one-cents and five-cents, and leaving a Vietnamese tourist in tears while kneeling and begging for a refund after buying an iPhone 6.

Like Jover, Ms Koh, 31, also runs a mobile phone business. However, she insists that her shop, J2 Mobile, is not linked to Mobile Air.

Ms Koh wrote a post on J2’s Facebook page to distance herself from the shop at Sim Lim:

“Dear all, this has been very troubling and tough times for J2 Mobile. We have always conducted our business in a fair and transparent way. And have never cheated any of our customers.

“I would like to announce that J2 mobile has no business relations with Jover Chew. And that I have no comments on how he conducts his business”.

She also requested the public to stop harassing her for something she did not do.

According to The Straits Times, Jover Chew was the registered owner of J2 Mobile until 2012 when the ownership was transferred to his wife.
Ms Koh believes that Jover’s actions were not entirely his fault.

She said:

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

"In the past year, he has been influenced by bad company. When I met him, he was not this way".

At home, the couple also engaged in their own activities. He would play games on his electronic gadgets while she would continue her work.

Ms Koh also hopes that Jover will learn from this episode and improve his behaviour as well as the way he conducts business.

“He will have a hard time leading a new life because he is recognised everywhere now”, said Ms Koh

she blames others but not her hubby

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chow ah Lian must be gabgbang by 12 ah nehs.....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Eh, but this kind of chow ah lian is good for a wife you know. Like the song lyrics goes: Stand by your man.

Jover tells her to do that to salvage whatever she can la...PAP also used this kind of distancing tactics with Yang Yin...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This sinkee is following the PAP style. If sinkees can see through her, why can't they see through the PAP. Same tactics mah.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mover now no sound no sight?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

pity his wife. i believe her story. this is the problem when the husband mix with zho bo lan MPs and jiak liao bee ministers and then you start to act like one muther farker get offf my face L337.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hanging out in bad company? He looks like bad company himself.

He married into a 'bad company' and probably learnt a few more 'new tricks' after his marriage now this 'company' wants to disassociate with the kind of company they are. How convienent.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal

From now onwards, my husband should hang out with good company GMS! :biggrin:

From now onwards, my husband should learn from Goh Meng Seng how to run a good shop! :biggrin:

DSC00019.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sim-lim-case-citizen/1458478.html
[h=2]TODAY reports: Lawyers warned that Mr Jover Chew, owner of Sim Lim Square shop Mobile Air, could take legal action against those harassing him.[/h]
sgag-shirt.jpg
A tee-shirt with an expletive was found outside the premises of Mobile Air at Sim Lim Square on Nov 6. (Photo: TODAY/Don Wong)

SINGAPORE: As the netizen-led campaign against Sim Lim Square shop owner Jover Chew continues, lawyers warned that such tactics – in part driven by frustration over ineffectual action on unscrupulous retail practices – put perpetrators at risk of running afoul of the law.
There are provisions under the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act which could apply in the case of Mr Chew, whose identity card number, address and mobile number have been dredged up and shared online by members of the public over the past few days.
Lawyers also pointed out that online anonymity could pose a challenge to police investigations.
Mr Chew’s troubles began following reports that he had attempted to pay a S$1,010 refund ordered by the Small Claims Tribunal in coins to a customer, and in a separate incident, Vietnamese tourist Pham Van Thoai had gone down on his knees to beg for a refund. His shop, Mobile Air, which had 25 complaints lodged against it with Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) between August and October, quickly became a symbol of the seedier side of Sim Lim Square.
On Thursday (Nov 6), a T-shirt printed with a Hokkien vulgarity was placed outside his shop, which was closed. Mr Chew’s particulars were also reportedly used to order three large pizzas to his home on Wednesday.
Mobile Air has also been served the Voluntary Compliance Agreement by CASE.
PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT
Lawyer Raj Mannar of Peter Low LLC said Mr Chew could take legal action against the source of harassment, especially if the online postings prove to be emotionally harassing and damaging to his business.
Mr Sunil Sudheesan, partner at RHTLaw Taylor Wessing LLP, pointed to existing provisions under the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act which could apply in this scenario. This would require a person to make a police report – Mr Chew’s wife is said to have filed one – followed by possible action by the Attorney-General’s Chambers after weighing the merits of the case.
However, little can be done if the person behind the harassment is not identified, Mr Raj pointed out.
While the Protection From Harassment Act – which is meant to better tackle harassment online – was passed in March, TODAY understands it is not fully in force yet.
Under this Act, action can be taken depending on whether the affected person feels harassed, whether the prosecution feels there is a case to be made and whether the person behind the harassment can be found, said Mr Sunil.
However, he added: “You can’t find who is behind the (online anonymous) post unless you go to the telco and find the IP address, but even that is not conclusive.”
While there have been calls for tougher consumer laws, Shook Lin & Bok LLP partner Robson Lee suggested more robust enforcement of the existing laws instead. For example, CASE could be given additional powers to administer fines to errant businesses.
The fines could be collected in a fund, which could be used to compensate victims of such practices and pay for foreign customers who have been affected to return to Singapore to assist with investigations, Mr Lee added.
In a Facebook post, Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin expressed shock at the behaviour shown in the Sim Lim case and said the Government should explore ways to “strengthen or adjust” the laws to deal with cases where individuals face hurdles in seeking resolution.

-TODAY/cy

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

From now onwards, my husband should hang out with good company GMS! :biggrin:

From now onwards, my husband should learn from Goh Meng Seng how to run a good shop! :biggrin:

DSC00019.jpg

If Jover Chew would now associate with GMS he would now no longer can say he associated with BAD COMPANY but instead to termed to associate with a LOSER COMPANY.

Now which is worse? Or both of these' companies' can take the First prize together! LoL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all depends who is in charge of Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Laws, the two Ministries responsible for maintaining law and order in the island.

If the Ministers know how to exercise their powers to whack the criminals and scammers, the SLS saga and many other incidents in sinkie land might not have happened.

When LKY was in charge, he had capable Ministers running these two Ministries and sinkie land became known worldwide for being a safe city.

Now, sinkie land has bad international reputation, it is no longer a city where rules of law are respected. If the Govt is weak, you can find criminals running wild. That Jover skunk is one such wild criminal who openly indulged in scamming locals and tourists, and yet when police were called in, he was still not arrested for a daylight robbery.

What talking you? Those running the country knows HOW to apply the laws?

When someone wants to avoid trial he can also 'fix up' a NO TRIAL BUT GOT FINAL VERDICT KIND OF JUDGEMENT.

So now I ask you again. What talking you or what have you been smoking? LoL

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....The report also revealed that some staff had links to gangs, and this was used to intimidate customers who do not comply with Mobile Air’s requests.

7. Staff with links to secret societies will also act like gangsters to intimidate customers....

This scum is using a legit business to front activities of organised crime; scamming is only a part of his game.

If he could use triad members to intimidate customers at his shop, he would surely have used the same muscle for other criminal activities.

As usual, the mata mata would not act as long as the Minister himself is as blur as the sotong about such organised crime.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This scum is using a legit business to front activities of organised crime; scamming is only a part of his game.

If he could use triad members to intimidate customers at his shop, he would surely have used the same muscle for other criminal activities.

As usual, the mata mata would not act as long as the Minister himself is as blur as the sotong about such organised crime.

Sure, I know of certain large organisation that use legit method to scam ppl into putting their hard earned income into retirement funds when these ppl realised that upon reaching retirement or rather as promised earlier that such funds be returned...

these folks now realise their hard earned money isn't being returned to them.

Why apply your views only on Jover Chew? When you are also being scammed by another entity but perfer to remain quiet about it or worse, accepts such scamming.

Now what do they call ppl like you as? Hypocrite? LoL