• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Awesome SAF with new capabilities

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any country wishing to attack us will simply disable this balloon with a missile first. Goondu idea. Did ST Aerospace build this system ?

has to be,i cant think of any country that has deployed a system as retarded as this.....anyone heard of the russians or americans using a blimp to spy on their cities?

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The purpose of a well publicised early warning system is to prevent war.

What the fuck are you talking about? When people want to hit you, they hit you. Prevent war? You mean this balloon will deter others from attacking you? Kanina! Cockster! :oIo:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
has to be,i cant think of any country that has deployed a system as retarded as this.....anyone heard of the russians or americans using a blimp to spy on their cities?

dirigibles were used in ww1 for air raids, surveillance, area observation, and intelligence gathering. and they were no match for bi-planes.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blue print of dreadnought battleship dirigible. it was on the drawing board but it was impossible to float it at that time.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
balloons are becoming more useful than ever. i used to fly weather balloons for survey projects, but it was only for atmospheric data collection. but now, i can tie a go-pro cam on a balloon kite and get my shots of remote sites that i cannot otherwise see without climbing a mountain peak that can take hours. however, with the advent of drones, i can now get better stability and precision with cam shots as drones hover better and are more maneuverable than balloons. but for drones that require line-of-sight comms with ground control, a static dirigible may help here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
balloons are becoming more useful than ever. i used to fly weather balloons for survey projects, but it was only for atmospheric data collection. but now, i can tie a go-pro cam on a balloon kite and get my shots of remote sites that i cannot otherwise see without climbing a mountain peak that can take hours. however, with the advent of drones, i can now get better stability and precision with cam shots as drones hover better and are more maneuverable than balloons. but for drones that require line-of-sight comms with ground control, a static dirigible may help here.

Chey low class la, lol. Current drones uses GPS

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chey low class la, lol. Current drones uses GPS

ya la, but you still need ground to air comms for control of drones. gps only provides timing and location, but doesn't allow 2-way comms for control. moreover, gps is geo-sat, meaning the round trip delay for effective and safe comms, especially with drones flying over inhabited communities, is too high in latency. :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next up, SAF will deploy unmanned sampans to monitor naval traffic.

They will never deploy unmanned robots as they wants Sinkies to suffer through NS.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Floating 'eye in the sky' to watch over Singapore

Jermyn ChowMy PaperWednesday, Oct 29, 2014
20141029_aerostat_mindef.jpg
32 6 0
Print
SINGAPORE - A giant helium-filled balloon will float above Singapore from early next year to watch over the Republic's skies and shores day and night.
Known as an aerostat, the balloon will be tethered to the ground and house a surveillance radar that can spot aerial and sea threats as far as 200km away. These include straying civilian light aircraft, small boats and even mobile missile launchers.
Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen yesterday said that the 55m-long blimp will be deployed inside a military camp, adding that the balloon will "improve our surveillance capabilities significantly". He did not disclose the camp's location.
Dr Ng said that the aerostat will complement the nation's existing early warning and information-gathering systems, which are increasingly facing constraints due mainly to the construction of taller buildings, preventing them "from establishing a clear line of sight".
"In order to see far, you have to be very high with no buildings to block you...Our ground-based radar systems can only operate above high-rise buildings," said Dr Ng at his ministry's PRoductivity and Innovation in Daily Efforts Day awards ceremony, held at Nanyang Polytechnic.
"Airborne radars can go around the clock, but that is costly and manpower intensive."
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/floating-eye-sky-watch-over-singapore#sthash.E5Z0hNoq.dpuf

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ya la, but you still need ground to air comms for control of drones. gps only provides timing and location, but doesn't allow 2-way comms for control. moreover, gps is geo-sat, meaning the round trip delay for effective and safe comms, especially with drones flying over inhabited communities, is too high in latency. :wink:

Wa say now you're berry cheem, ok I surrender.