• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

honestly, do u trust CPF?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard work, prudence and working for myself instead of for others.

bro; these days in sinkieland, hard work and prudence would not bring a family peace of mind...perhaps just sufficient food on the table and a shelter....

let me share my views to you why so many sinkies, in particular the young adults, distrust n despite the cpf so much
1/ in the original context, its was a well intended scheme that benefitted many many 50+/60+ sinkies.
things started to go wrong when these funds were opened up for speculation and mis used...

2/ today young adults have spent the prime of their growing up years going thru a 'pressure cooker' n unproductive education system; many finding themselves competing up fake talents for jobs on graduation.

3/ wages are deliberately suppressed; home affordability; cpf withdrawl hold back; are enough reasons why sinkies; esp the young adults are losing trust.

looking forward to hear more of your fairy tales... :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro; these days in sinkieland, hard work and prudence would not bring a family peace of mind...perhaps just sufficient food on the table and a shelter....

let me share my views to you why so many sinkies, in particular the young adults, distrust n despite the cpf so much
1/ in the original context, its was a well intended scheme that benefitted many many 50+/60+ sinkies.
things started to go wrong when these funds were opened up for speculation and mis used...

2/ today young adults have spent the prime of their growing up years going thru a 'pressure cooker' n unproductive education system; many finding themselves competing up fake talents for jobs on graduation.

3/ wages are deliberately suppressed; home affordability; cpf withdrawl hold back; are enough reasons why sinkies; esp the young adults are losing trust.

Many of us trusted the PAP & I am not shy to say, I did too. It was with peace of mind, we trusted them with our money, in the beginning the money invested was done prudently, many of us understood that the funds were used for infrastructures that improved our lives & the future generations; & without putting the nation into debts by lending to fund the infrastructure projects. Which man in the street doesn't understand & know all these, from the one with little or no education to the ones that has qualifications from Cambridge U..who doesn't?

We understand that CPF pay us interests for our savings & HDB charges the same for purchasing a housing..who does not. But we understood very well that, at 55 years of age, the so-called RETIREMENT age, we CAN WITHDRAW our entire 30 years or more savings ( depending on how old one started working LEEGALLY).

But....we went into recession in 1984..when CPF rates was 40% ( guess who was the Finance Minister?) & much later, without consultation ( no one complained, what!), they introduced minimum sum & the amount became larger, larger & larger, & when you RETIRE AT 55...you are thankful, the least amount you can get is around a few thousands, after factoring the min sum.

That does not end there...you cannot get the rest of your RETIREMENT MONEY till you are 65, now 67, next?? 99?? maybe??. Is that all, no, you only get a certain sum from a few hundreds to a few thousands, every month, until the retirement money gets depleted.

They keep changing the "goal posts" on CPF withdrawals & keep coming up with rules & regulations to prevent people from touching their money, in the name of LOOKING AFTER YOU. Is that we want?, a nanny government... that says, I give you all the money..you go spend it all!!...but, it is our money, we work hard on it..it is our onus to spend it hard too.

Let's be fair...they have good intention & responsibility to look after the money entrusted to them but have they presented themselves to be TRUSTWORTHY.

The answer to that is a big NO!...I do not trust them now with my money & would want every single cent of that money entrusted to them at 55 years of age.

I do not want to wake up, tomorrow, or any time, reading the papers that " Your CPF money, was $100,000 ( for example), they have so much left...they can only give you $10 for every $1,000.

Remember, the "road to hell is paved with good intentions"..and we HAVE BEEN TOO TRUSTING! :mad:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't want to hear what 'unhappiness' you have of your own life and your kins .

I want to know WHAT CONCRETE and certain actions you can and will take, to TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE and change and chart YOUR OWN DESTINY.

NO ANSWER?

YOU ARE BETTER OFF DEAD THEN.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
imo, cpf is something that is a soft-threat. it's hinting that if we do not vote the pap in to "safekeep" our cpfs, there's no guarantee that the next party might just swindle all away.

then again, we gotta ask ourselves: DO WE STILL GET BACK OUR CPF IN ONE PIECE or we got it back in little pieces that hardly help.

as if cpf isn't enough to chain u to the pap's vote, they escalated HDB prices which uses cpf to pay for the overly exorbitant price. what's there left for us?

left pocket cpf transfers $$ into right pocket HDB and both pockets belong to the gov. what's there left for us?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't want to hear what 'unhappiness' you have of your own life and your kins .

I want to know WHAT CONCRETE and certain actions you can and will take, to TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE and change and chart YOUR OWN DESTINY.

NO ANSWER?

YOU ARE BETTER OFF DEAD THEN.

people like you walk and talk with eyes closed....what to see?...how to see?....no eyes to see you lah
i orei cash out my blood and sweat savings some years back

only feel sorry for the young sinkies these days.....finding themselves chasing a dream that they'll never get to see...

only wonder when will cock heads like you start to see clearer... :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
people like you walk and talk with eyes closed....what to see?...how to see?....no eyes to see you lah

only feel sorry for the young sinkies these days.....finding themselves chasing a dream that they'll never get to see...

the only dream that the younger generation has today is to REMAIN AS A SLAVE FOR AS LONG AS THEY LIVE.

RETIREMENT is a fariytale that has already died with our pioner founders of the gahmen.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cash out and go where?

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• 357PAP.jpg
    357PAP.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 95

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is your money with an agreement signed in the 60s since the CPF is implemented by this same party that took government.

Now this same shitheads are breaching the agreement, a cheat and thieves PAP?

If a new government has changed tomorrow and dumped the traitor PAP, we would be happy to keep to tweek the CPF system than having a traitor to keep our money.

Fuck PAP.

CPF is your money. If it wasn't yours you would not be earning the yield from the principal sum.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is your money with an agreement signed in the 60s since the CPF is implemented by this same party that took government.

Now this same shitheads are breaching the agreement, a cheat and thieves PAP?

If a new government has changed tomorrow and dumped the traitor PAP, we would be happy to keep to tweek the CPF system than having a traitor to keep our money.

Fuck PAP.

friend; between the pappies & sinkies, there's no such a word 'agreement'
to the pappies....singapore is pap....and pap is Singapore

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If can trust PAP shit also already can be process and eaten. Take Medi Save, you go SGH for test or scan they tell u cannot use medi save unless its cancerous, wat fuck than Medi Save is FOR, only for Miss Ho Ho and GIc to use huh?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
friend; between the pappies & sinkies, there's no such a word 'agreement'
to the pappies....singapore is pap....and pap is Singapore

Situations change with time. You should know that in life nothing is cast in stone including life itself. The trick is to be adaptable and to change your strategy to suit the evolution of the circumstances.

There is no point getting frustrated and longing for the good old days. It's totally unproductive. All you're doing is making yourself miserable and frustrated.

Life is too short for that.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the fact is very simple.

IT'S OUR SAVING.

return us ALL when it's due. whatever we wanna do with our money is our business. like how they use, mis-use and abuse about using our money is also their business. even when we vehemently object, they also cannot be bothered. then why when it's reversed, we are told cannot take out ALL, cannot do this , cannot use for that....CANNOT WHAT FOR FUCK SAKE!!>> IT'S OUR MONEY!!