• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

honestly, do u trust CPF?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, i don't. when they promise to return our cpf when we reach 55yo, they DIDN'T. they only give more reason to hold back our cpf. it looks like we are not going to get back our life saving :(

now they set up this facebook page, do you think can trust them or THRUST them?

Stay connected with "Are You Ready?"

We have renamed our IM$avvy Facebook page to
Are You Ready by CPF Board (facebook.com/AYRbyCPF).

We can also be found on Twitter at @AreYouReady_CPF.

Looking for contents that empower and stories that inspire? "Like" us and gain access to interesting contents on CPF, financial planning, and lifestyle topics that you can share with your family and friends.

Follow us for the latest financial updates, videos and other resources too!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, not due to Lee Kuan Yew, but with the "early ministers" & finance minister, I trust them, with my money in CPF. Not since 1983, when "mee siam main hum" became the Finance minister & the rest is HISTORY...No, I do not trust the PAP with my CPF money...if I can, I want all of them now...whatever I do with the money...it is mine & business...my RESPONSIBILITY.

I do not TRUST CPF with my money anymore....

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has alwiz asked we seniors not to ask for hand out, now is the
time they should just return our CPF when we reach 55 as agreed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP has alwiz asked we seniors not to ask for hand out, now is the
time they should just return our CPF when we reach 55 as agreed.

Now is the time, we reduce their majority & place our future back in our own hands...do we want to wake up tomorrow & the newspaper says...for every $1 in your CPF, you will only get 10 cts....THINK ABOUT THIS...it is scary!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the earlier old folks were retired and had no problem withdrawing their cpf when they hit 55yp. now, pap feed the nation with so much craps, their main reason is not really concern for our welfare but rather they are more concerned about theirs.

agreed?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now is the time, we reduce their majority & place our future back in our own hands...do we want to wake up tomorrow & the newspaper says...for every $1 in your CPF, you will only get 10 cts....THINK ABOUT THIS...it is scary!

wah leow!!..u mean if one turns 55 tomorrow; kena lock down $150,000 min sum...
then come 65, the amount will be $15,000 ???..this kind of 'ah neh biz' :confused: :*:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
wah leow!!..u mean if one turns 55 tomorrow; kena lock down $150,000 min sum...
then come 65, the amount will be $15,000 ???..this kind of 'ah neh biz' :confused: :*:

CPF is your money. If it wasn't yours you would not be earning the yield from the principal sum.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF is your money. If it wasn't yours you would not be earning the yield from the principal sum.

it's leegally our money. only to be able to see the figure, smell the zeroes and definitely won't get to feel and use it.

only uniquely in singapore, the gahmen can get away with this type of crap. it's no difference from marcos looting the ppls' $$.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
it's leegally our money. only to be able to see the figure, smell the zeroes and definitely won't get to feel and use it.

only uniquely in singapore, the gahmen can get away with this type of crap. it's no difference from marcos looting the ppls' $$.

CPF is like a tree. It's yours and it's in your garden. The fruit it bears belongs to you.

However if you cut it down and use it for firewood, it will no longer bear fruit and once you've burned all the firewood, you're left with nothing.

The PAP government forces you to be prudent with your possessions. It's a good policy.

In addition you have to note that the PAP does not say that you can't cut down any of your trees. If own a whole forest you are allowed to chop down anything more than the minimum amount mandated.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF is like a tree. It's yours and it's in your garden. The fruit it bears belongs to you.

However if you cut it down and use it for firewood, it will no longer bear fruit and once you've burned all the firewood, you're left with nothing.

The PAP government forces you to be prudent with your possessions. It's a good policy.

In addition you have to note that the PAP does not say that you can't cut down any of your trees. If own a whole forest you are allowed to chop down anything more than the minimum amount mandated.

ur analogy is quite flawed.

let me correct for you:

CPF is like a tree. we put in our blood and sweat. when it bears fruits, we can only look at it and drooling over so many sweet fruits. but wait! we cannot pluck it nor even eat it and not even smell it. they are all harvested by the pap who keep it for themselves.

and if u even touch it, u shall be fined handsomely.

this is a better and more real analogy. :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a better analogy is

CPF is a fruit tree.

u water and grow the tree for 30 years.60% of the fruit it bears belongs to PAP,u get the other 40%.

when it comes to plucking the fruit of ur tree,u realise theres not enough fruit to sustain u,PAP ask u to sell ur HDB to plant more trees.

u end up working at mcdonalds anyway at age 65.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
CPF is like a tree. we put in our blood and sweat. when it bears fruits, we can only look at it and drooling over so many sweet fruits. but wait! we cannot pluck it nor even eat it and not even smell it. they are all harvested by the pap who keep it for themselves.

If the fruits of CPF could not be touched, there would be no monthly payouts.

The fact that I am receiving almost $25,000 in interest every year proves you wrong.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact that I am receiving almost $25,000 in interest every year proves you wrong.

suppose the tree is durian tree. the fruits are delicious. but the pap would only give us the durian seeds. they keep the durain flesh for themselves.

got the idea now?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

why should u not be getting your 6 or 7 figures in one shot instead? it's like got a big durian for u to enjoy but u r so happy getting the pits. maybe u should be happier if they throw you the durian spiky shells.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
why should u not be getting your 6 or 7 figures in one shot instead? it's like got a big durian for u to enjoy but u r so happy getting the pits. maybe u should be happier if they throw you the durian spiky shells.

My motto has always been to not touch the principal sum. The CPF scheme therefore suits me perfectly.

However, in life, it is impossible to please everyone. I'm glad the PAP government has erred on the side of caution and prudence as it is the best policy for the majority of Singaporeans.

Don't forget that only the minimum sum is withheld. Members who have more are free to withdraw the rest.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
My motto has always been to not touch the principal sum. The CPF scheme therefore suits me perfectly.

However, in life, it is impossible to please everyone. I'm glad the PAP government has erred on the side of caution and prudence as it is the best policy for the majority of Singaporeans.

Don't forget that only the minimum sum is withheld. Members who have more are free to withdraw the rest.

so what's the difference if u ve no $ in your cpf and if u ve alot?

same same. the former has no money to touch. the latter has money but also cannot touch.