• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wta sports commentator apologises for mistaking singapore with china

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]WTA SPORTS COMMENTATOR APOLOGISES FOR MISTAKING SINGAPORE WITH CHINA[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
27 Oct 2014 - 2:00pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

The American announcer who had been commentating many of the matches of the Womens’ Tennis Association (WTA) finals in Singapore over the past week has apologised for concluding his last commentary with “Zai Jian” and “goodbye from China”.
Kevin Skinner had been a commentator here for over a week but it seems that in the end, he still wasn’t sure if Singapore was actually a part of China.
When his mistake was broadcast LIVE, many took to twitter to express their anger and disbelief at the huge error:

Skinner later went on to twitter to apologise for the mistake saying that he had “made a serious mistake”:
ymT7uwK.png

What do you think?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
She's perfectly correct. She's probably the only commentator who got it right.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he said india that would be worse but you know something amazing.

Ppl like hossan leong probably wouldn't be offended. I can bet he's a chinese dog despite looking so cheena and wouldn't mind being mistaken for any other race even aboriginal except for being chinese.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She's perfectly correct. She's probably the only commentator who got it right.

Yah!..he is right, we are comrades, brothers & our forefathers is from CHINA & our motherland...anyway, to the "red hair devils"..it is like the Cantonese saying, " yaw so, hai nay call low dou"....[ have moustache is your father]..ha ha ha..all slit eye chink look the same anywhere...must be from CHINA.:biggrin:

All Arabs are from Arabia....too..ha ha ha ha....they all look the same too..:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are Cheenapore, we are cheenapore, we will die together, lay down on the floor.

We are gonna, spit in spitton again, pick our nose, dig our ears with the copper ear digger, burp loudly & fart equally loud, talk like we are all hard of hearing, squat on the floor in public, pee & shit on the grass....we are cheenapore, yes we are CHEENAPORE!....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look I dunno why u guys are so butthurt....I know u guys grew up in this country....when u guys look at each other u guys think to urself oh ur a Singaporean I'm a Singaporean we are one big family yay!!! But when a ang moh looks at you what is he supposed to think?" Oh look here's a fucking chink!!"

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it amusing but I'm not patriotic enough to express outrage and indignation. :wink:

Next time, call Singapore India. :biggrin: