• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TERMINALLY ILL SG Commando MARRIES BELOVED IN SGH HOSPITAL BED. Now in Coma...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, medical intervention will increase their life span and some even go on to produce offspring with the same defect in the genes.

A life is a life and is morally wrong to destroy it, defective or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
A life is a life and is morally wrong to destroy it, defective or not.

So the Pappy has been 'destroying' alot of lives away words like Operation Cold store, JBJ , Francis Seow etc etc etc or many others comes to mind.

So what is your 'expert' opinion then?

I bet you will remain silent or give a stupid answer.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway looks like your friend has no more hope and is clinging to straws, if anything, if he is cured it is most probably by his positive psychology and not energy medicine.

Be it positive psychology or energy medicine, it is hard for us to de-link it to the hidden power of our brain. I was a strong opposition of energy medicine till I met this guy from China many years ago. He does not advertise his cure. He is my colleague's good friend. He is into chi gong. He told us that to reach a level to be able to help others, one cannot acquire it by oneself alone, unless he/she is endowed with that natural ability, which is rare. He needed a grandmaster to clear pressure points for him and that will harm the system of the giver himself. Sound like fairy tales to me then. Anyway I experienced the warmth passing through my body when he claimed to be passing chi just as a demonstration. Very surprised by the experience but it opened my mind. Not that it is 100% true, but just an anecdote to share.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
No way Pasar malam TCM is going to do squat.

Genetics 101:
Cancer is primarily caused by mutation of genes resulting in the formation of rogue cells, they may proliferate or become invasive depending on the type of circumstances.

Cell proliferation is only part of the equation, angiogenesis and cell adhesion also comes into play. Worse when the rogue cells bypass the apoptosis pathway and refuses to die which results in tumors.

So many pathways and their subsequent downstream cascades to consider when we try to tackle just one type of cancer. The only surest way of curing cancer is death of all the rogue cells. That being so, we aren't able to eliminate the chances of other normal cells turning rogue :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But I do agree with you that TCM wouldn't be able to take out cancer like some miracle drug, but let me assure you, there are many groups out there isolating active compounds in TCM herbs and testing them against various types of cancer :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i am not a doctor but i know TCM has ways to minimise the pain and extend your life span.

I disagree. For one, how long we are going to live us unpredictable. So to claim that TCM will extend the lifespan is simply ridiculous :p:p:p

But as of alleviating pain, this I agree. Even Gecko had 2 teams of TCM doctors, if I recalled correctly, to help her ease her pain in her last days.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WHO GIVES A FUCK?????????????

heres a song to describe the things im feeling....

[video=youtube;liTUZO1ZoBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liTUZO1ZoBU[/video]

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Till that day where medical science can correct in-born genetic defects, my belief is not to procreate if one has defect gene.

Don't worry. The PAP is doing all it can to correct the mistake of genetic inferiors from reproducing in sg.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Till that day where medical science can correct in-born genetic defects, my belief is not to procreate if one has defect gene.

have u seen the movie g.a.t.t.a.g.c?in future,all human beings born by natural birth without genetic enhancements will be considered inferior and "untouchables" or low caste like sinkies.because normal borns will never be able to compete with the aritifically engineered counterparts.it doesnt matter if in future one of them somehow manages to educate himself to the level of harvard university,he would still be considered defective and inferior and sentenced to a life of menial and unimportant work.the biggest tragedy is some parents who choose to have their child born of "natural" birth,a product of love and nature.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry. The PAP is doing all it can to correct the mistake of genetic inferiors from reproducing in sg.

PAP doesnt have to do that,the genetic inferiors have already programmed themselves into extinction.even the dumbest and stupidest monkeys from certain countries knows how to fuck and propagate themselves.....what can u do about a race that doesnt even know that?it takes a special breed of daft and stupid.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that it is 100% true, but just an anecdote to share.

I don't discount it, but the power of pschology is free, why pay a quack doctor for it? and allow someone to charge for it?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't discount it, but the power of pschology is free, why pay a quack doctor for it? and allow someone to charge for it?
Yes, whether the treatment is coming from a quack doc or conventional doc that administers radio/ chemo therapy, patient should wise up and not blindly follow prescription. If pancreatic cancer can't be cured by western method as poor record has proven so, don't do it simply because it is the only known way and waste all the money and yet increases the suffering. If chi is so difficult to acquire, don't believe any tom, dick or Harry who claims to be a master. If TCM cannot save their great chairman Mao, don't take it as the only way to heal. We need to be brave to face the end and do our best to prolong our stay but with minimum suffering and cost. Manage our life style and improve our mental health.

As for western medicine, hope they will stop being greedy, giving treatment that they know can't cure. Hope they open their mind and embrace other forms of treatments and not try to remove and annihilate them by using irrelevant yardstick to prove that they are rubbish so that they can continue to monopolies the market. Man's advancement in alternative medicine can only grow if more official effort is put in to affirm the authenticity of alternate methods and less quacks going around claiming that they are experts and masters. For all we know, by moving away from conventional approach, it could lead us to a faster answer to molecular medicine by looking at things from a new dimension.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for western medicine, hope they will stop being greedy, giving treatment that they know can't cure.

Well next time you are on your death bed, call me and I will be glad to instruct the Drs to pull the plug of your life support system and I promise that they would not be able to be greedy and earn your money by giving you futile treatment.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well next time you are on your death bed, call me and I will be glad to instruct the Drs to pull the plug of your life support system and I promise that they would not be able to be greedy and earn your money by giving you futile treatment.
I already had my experience. I had a stroke and they sent me to A&E. They did test after test just to confirm that I had a stroke. Wasted about 6k to experience what western medicine is for about 5 days in high intensive care. Overheard all the conversation among docs and nurses on other seriously ill patients and concluded I was in "good" hands. . They wanted to do more test and I told them no thanks. I discharged myself to free them of any liability. Never had any follow up treatments. So don't worry about me. I walk the talk and accept nature to take its course.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
MINDEF life insurance pays out $200k?

Did you not notice that the 'commando' was in B2 subsidized ward and he still feel so proud to wear that uniform till death?

PAP...you die your own biz, they aren't spending 'free money' on you even till death but Ho Ching can throw money into drain like nothing, sure, no problem afterall, she is taking all the money she wants from Sinkie CPF slush fund! LoL