• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TERMINALLY ILL SG Commando MARRIES BELOVED IN SGH HOSPITAL BED. Now in Coma...

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was just trying to make you look good. Many others have been very noble and altruistic when it comes to death, after all it is their last good deed in this earth. Fine if you are not and don't agree with what I said.
What a kind way to allow others to look good. Such kindness should be reciprocated so that you can share the same good feeling.

Your bravery and belief in western cure will allow it to keep you alive for the longest time possible. Regardless of the pain or suffering that you will be going through. Or that you may be bedridden and incontinence or even becoming an invalid, you will endure. All because being alive each day will bring new hope that there will be breakthrough in molecular medicine which will save you. May your wish come true soon. :smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
May your wish come true soon. :smile:

No my wish is to be immortal actually and in perfect health :smile: I live healthy and eat healthy and hope to "life surf" meaning live as long as possible and go from break through to break through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No my wish is to be immortal actually and in perfect health :smile: I live healthy and eat healthy and hope to "life surf" meaning live as long as possible and go from break through to break through.

Lanjiao understand?.......nah.........

0887345fa3740e6b3f4be8543b7ecace.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i wonder if there are local clinical TCM trials, the research data could be interesting.

Local clinical trials to test the efficacy of TCM on common ailments or the effects of TCM on cancer?
Drug trials using full herb or its active compounds only? Drug trials on cell cultures or on human test subjects?

The thing about western science is we look for emperical data, i.e. thinking that one particular active compound is responsible for curing a particular ailment. Whereas TCM looks at remediation from a holistic approach, using varying amounts of different herbs to achieve a homeostatic balance in the patient.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The thing about western science is we look for emperical data, i.e. thinking that one particular active compound is responsible for curing a particular ailment. Whereas TCM looks at remediation from a holistic approach, using varying amounts of different herbs to achieve a homeostatic balance in the patient.

I never heard such gobbledygook in all my life. All this "holistic" talk is the stuff of fairy tales. It's an industry all by itself designed to take advantage of people like you.

"Homeostatic balance" means absolutely nothing in scientific terms. 500 years ago everything was "natural" and "chemical free" and people dropped dead like flies. Infant mortality rates were in the region of 30% or 1 out of 3 births. Mothers often died along with the children from complications of childbirth.

http://www.sarahwoodbury.com/life-expectancy-in-the-middle-ages/

I cannot believe that seemingly well educated people like yourself can still believe in snake oil considering the fact that we are already well into the 21st century in an era of supposed enlightenment.

Members of the flat earth society are obviously thriving rather than dying out.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already had my experience. I had a stroke and they sent me to A&E. They did test after test just to confirm that I had a stroke. Wasted about 6k to experience what western medicine is for about 5 days in high intensive care. Overheard all the conversation among docs and nurses on other seriously ill patients and concluded I was in "good" hands. . They wanted to do more test and I told them no thanks. I discharged myself to free them of any liability. Never had any follow up treatments. So don't worry about me. I walk the talk and accept nature to take its course.

Bro, how long ago was this? How's your condition now?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already had my experience. I had a stroke and they sent me to A&E. They did test after test just to confirm that I had a stroke. Wasted about 6k to experience what western medicine is for about 5 days in high intensive care. Overheard all the conversation among docs and nurses on other seriously ill patients and concluded I was in "good" hands. . They wanted to do more test and I told them no thanks. I discharged myself to free them of any liability. Never had any follow up treatments. So don't worry about me. I walk the talk and accept nature to take its course.

Brave words indeed, I wish you all the best but I still think you should do follow-up, you could have spent about that amount on TCM and also just as futile, so it is a matter of which you trust.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Was your stroke ischemic or hemorrhagic?

Protocols are specific to each category as the stroke is caused by two distinct mechanisms.

Then there are Aneurysms which are a distinct category of their own.

You're being foolish to let nature take its course when there are excellent treatments available regardless of the cause.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The western doctors who went back to the tcm for treatment, do you not think they are highly educated? I really think tht you are ignorant in this...

ps. Dun angry huh boss... :o

I never heard such gobbledygook in all my life. All this "holistic" talk is the stuff of fairy tales. It's an industry all by itself designed to take advantage of people like you.

"Homeostatic balance" means absolutely nothing in scientific terms. 500 years ago everything was "natural" and "chemical free" and people dropped dead like flies. Infant mortality rates were in the region of 30% or 1 out of 3 births. Mothers often died along with the children from complications of childbirth.

http://www.sarahwoodbury.com/life-expectancy-in-the-middle-ages/

I cannot believe that seemingly well educated people like yourself can still believe in snake oil considering the fact that we are already well into the 21st century in an era of supposed enlightenment.

Members of the flat earth society are obviously thriving rather than dying out.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, how long ago was this? How's your condition now?
About 5 years ago. I am pretty normal now except for a little problem with my speech. Certain words I can't pronounce properly.

I don't expect a cure. It is a permanent impairment like a time bomb. It can happen again anytime. Only thing I learnt from the experience is how to look out for early symptom of another eruption. Most insignificant symptom is difficulty in clearing my throat. For normal people, it is nothing, but for me it is warning sign. Second is mispronunciation. This is a more serious warning.

All these symptoms have no meaning to a healthy person. However, I am wary of them and they did happen occasionally. The only thing to do is rest immediately and hope it goes away. If not, then it is probably good bye.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Seee3, u may want to look into this...

TCM trial for stroke survivors

Thursday, Aug 07, 2014
Mind Your Body, The Straits Times
By Joan Chew
An ischaemic stroke occurs when a blood clot in the brain prevents the flow of blood, thus causing brain damage, while a transient ischaemic attack is a medical condition in which blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time.
Those in this treatment group consume capsules which contain nine plant extracts, such as red peony root and safflower, thrice a day. This preparation has been shown in animal studies to have actions that could lead to reducing the impact of Vcind. An earlier Singapore study, also by Prof Chen, confirmed the safety of a similar TCM formula in more than 1,000 patients who were recruited within 72 hours of their strokes.

This new research is a double blind study, in which neither researcher nor subject knows who is getting the new therapy or the placebo. It will put patients through tests to assess their thinking skills, including their memory, executive function (the ability to plan, organise and pay attention to detail) and mental processing speed.
Prof Chen's team has recruited 24 patients at NUH since the study began in April last year and will recruit patients from the Singapore General Hospital from next month. All study participants are between 55 and 85 years old.
One of them is Mr Chan Ying Wai, 70, a former mechanical engineer. In February, a magnetic resonance imaging scan picked up a mini-stroke (transient ischaemic attack) which had gone undetected because he showed no symptoms.
His wife, Madam Chan Yee Wan, 65, said that in recent years, his ability to do mental sums has deteriorated and there were instances when he left the house keys hanging on the door.
Mr Chan, a hepatitis B carrier with high blood pressure and high cholesterol, is hopeful the trial will help him.Mrs Chan said: "It has never crossed our minds that he is like a guinea pig. Taking the capsules in the study is safer than taking medicine that you buy on your own."
[email protected]
To participate in the study, contact Ms Ng Wan Ting on 6772-6583 or 8421-0428
- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/tcm-trial-stroke-survivors/page/0/1#sthash.6GIKIqha.dpuf

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was your stroke ischemic or hemorrhagic?

Protocols are specific to each category as the stroke is caused by two distinct mechanisms.

Then there are Aneurysms which are a distinct category of their own.

You're being foolish to let nature take its course when there are excellent treatments available regardless of the cause.
In my opinion it is most probably hemorrhagic. Inclusive because I stopped their game. The prof asked for MRI with dye to ascertain the cause. When the result was out he screwed the registrar as nothing can be concluded. Yet I remembered clearly that it was the prof himself who had ordered the test. Then he suggested inserting a scope to the brain. That was the last joke I can take. Incidentally, he was a famous prof in neuro-surgery.

Foolish or not, i don't know. I just don't wish to be legally murdered on an operating table (just like the conjoined twins ) and yet have to foot the bill.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The western doctors who went back to the tcm for treatment, do you not think they are highly educated? I really think tht you are ignorant in this...

Doctors are human too. When they face the inevitable, they behave just like the rest of us living in hope that treatment, no matter how unscientific, is an act of last resort. Some may choose TCM, some go to faith healers, the Catholics visit Lourdes.

I had a Catholic colleague whose son was dying of cancer. He made the pilgrimage to Lourdes after all Western treatments failed. His son was blessed with holy healing water.

They returned to Singapore and the son died 7 weeks later.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 5 years ago. I am pretty normal now except for a little problem with my speech. Certain words I can't pronounce properly.

I don't expect a cure. It is a permanent impairment like a time bomb. It can happen again anytime. Only thing I learnt from the experience is how to look out for early symptom of another eruption. Most insignificant symptom is difficulty in clearing my throat. For normal people, it is nothing, but for me it is warning sign. Second is mispronunciation. This is a more serious warning.

All these symptoms have no meaning to a healthy person. However, I am wary of them and they did happen occasionally. The only thing to do is rest immediately and hope it goes away. If not, then it is probably good bye.

Dun despair bro. There is always a way to solve your problem. I will PM you the info.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brave words indeed, I wish you all the best but I still think you should do follow-up, you could have spent about that amount on TCM and also just as futile, so it is a matter of which you trust.

Not brave at all. I fear pain and suffering, and the worst, lost of independence. So I chose death over treatment. My way of escape.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what about few doctors who went back to seek his opinion, are they also daft???:rolleyes:

Doctors are human too. When they face the inevitable, they behave just like the rest of us living in hope that treatment, no matter how unscientific, is an act of last resort. Some may choose TCM, some go to faith healers, the Catholics visit Lourdes.

I had a Catholic colleague whose son was dying of cancer. He made the pilgrimage to Lourdes after all Western treatments failed. His son was blessed with holy healing water.

They returned to Singapore and the son died 7 weeks later.