• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TERMINALLY ILL SG Commando MARRIES BELOVED IN SGH HOSPITAL BED. Now in Coma...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY_20130705_PKCHEE_P_3732247.jpg

His feet wrong way round WTF.

Last edited by a moderator:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
TCM preys on the ignorance and gullibility of ignorant peasants and has no place in today's world.

Traditional Chinese Medicine based on the writings of 李时珍:本草纲目 is well regarded. Tested over thousands of years, much longer than current western medicine, with an immeasurable sample size of the human population through the ages.

Blame those mumbo jumbo quack doctors wanting to con others and earning a quick buck marring the good name of TCM, there's nothing those wretched PRCs wouldn't fake.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
there's nothing those wretched PRCs wouldn't fake.

TCM has never been tested because the gold standard has never been applied.

TCM relies on the placebo effect.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there must be a reason that many are returning to seek treatment, do not belittle TCM just because it's not tested to the Western requirement and standard.

TCM relies on the placebo effect.

SteveAustin

Alfrescian
Loyal

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HoLs0V8T5AA?rel=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

SMDM40thSeries.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
there must be a reason that many are returning to seek treatment, do not belittle TCM just because it's not tested to the Western requirement and standard.

Many return because when a situation appears to be hopeless, it is human nature to clutch at straws like faith healing, witchcraft and TCM.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
they did get better and that's why they return, how do you explain?

People can get better without doing anything. There are any number of statistical outcomes and conclusions drawn about alternative treatments have no scientific basis because the logic is flawed.

I had a headache when I woke up. I then had a cup of Milo and my headache went away.

I therefore draw the conclusion that Milo cures headaches. It doesn't mean I am right because the logic is flawed until the interaction between the cause of my headache and the effect that Milo has is established scientifically.

In order to do that, a study needs to be done first to determine the cause of my headaches (there are hundreds of reasons why headaches occur) and then pin down the ingredient in Milo that actually alleviates the root cause.