• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

#OccupyCentral thread: Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 'i'll just make lesser then': Chow yun-fat responds to prc ban for supporting hk

Chow Yun Fatt has dignity... unlike these imbeciles. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;NAZfPprXKw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZfPprXKw4[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 'i'll just make lesser then': Chow yun-fat responds to prc ban for supporting hk

Chow Yun Fatt has dignity... unlike these imbeciles. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;NAZfPprXKw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZfPprXKw4[/video]

why would a tiong care about a crap book about his father?even i as a sinkie dont give a crap.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: UN supports HK protestors!!!

Disgraced former security czar, Zhou Yongkang, spotted in Hong Kong :biggrin:

Seriously, when will Sinkie youths grow some balls :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;_dz7C8diNzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dz7C8diNzI[/video]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why would a tiong care about a crap book about his father?even i as a sinkie dont give a crap.

we all care when the old fart will mati only...................the earlier the better..............

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is what I call power.
A big middle finger to tiong govt.
Surprised Andy Lau also got voiced out....thot he was a Paul Lampard like teeko Jackie Chan.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

赌神 wins this battle but will he win the war?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Surprised Andy Lau also got voiced out....thot he was a Paul Lampard like teeko Jackie Chan.

Jackie Chan porlumpar the Tiong commie govt until chow miah siah already. It started sometime around the Beijing Olympics and Sichuan earthquake.

Even some of the Tiongs also buay song Jackie Chan so 厚颜无耻.

jw5

Loyal

Chow Yuen Fatt, Ti Lung and Leslie Cheung in A Better Tomorrow.

Bestest movie cast ever!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A real human being understand what is called personal freedom..

Only sinkie losers give that up.. stupid..no wonder sinkies ass are screwed daily.

Jiu Hu kia, you and your parents really get screwed hardly by a 46.75% minority Government. You all no balls to protest?

Or maybe you all just love UMNO to screw you hard.

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Compare that to ...Sharon Au .........

This is what happened when the govt controlled a huge part of the economy-people are scared of breaking their rice bowls ( see the examples of of Cpt Ryan Goh of SIA, Chee Soon Juan, Roy ect2)..

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng heard 周星池 also very pro-PRC one leh! :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Jiu Hu kia, you and your parents really get screwed hardly by a 46.75% minority Government. You all no balls to protest?

Or maybe you all just love UMNO to screw you hard.

Is this all you can do to counter my posts? PLs go and train a few more years.. the more you post, the more stupid you sound.

Pls, try harder to reached my level of bashing, You are not there yet even 1%. A sinkie like you will always be a sinkie.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Is this all you can do to counter my posts? PLs go and train a few more years.. the more you post, the more stupid you sound.

Pls, try harder to reached my level of bashing, You are not there yet even 1%. A sinkie like you will always be a sinkie.

Counter you? You think too highly about yourself.

I am just stepping on some rubbish online.

Good UMNO dog!

Attachments

• 01Tony05.jpg
    01Tony05.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 193

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chow Yun-Fat has a message for tyrants everywhere:

[video=youtube;QZdnG_yupj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdnG_yupj8[/video]

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Doctors liken Occupy movement to ‘cancer’ in petition calling for end to protests

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 28 October, 2014, 4:52pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 28 October, 2014, 5:52pm

Emily Tsang and Lai Ying-kit

blowing-tent.jpg

A gust of wind catches a pro-democracy protester's shelter in Mong Kok on Tuesday, Photo: Sam Tsang

More than 550 doctors have signed a petition calling on pro-democracy protestors to end their blockades of main roads, likening the street protests to a “cancer” damaging Hong Kong’s core values.

The full-page petition entitled “Deep Sorrow and Resentment” was published on the front page of the Chinese-language newspaper Sing Tao Daily on Tuesday. It was signed by 552 doctors.

The doctors said Hong Kong had “fallen ill” as the protests were severely affecting people’s livelihoods and had divided residents since they began in late September.

But other doctors who support the pro-democracy movement said the petition does not represent their voices. There are about 14,000 doctors working in Hong Kong.

On Monday, a huge yellow banner reading “I want genuine universal suffrage” and “Umbrella Movement” was hung outside the dormitory building for medical students at Chinese University in Sha Tin.

Several sections of main roads remain closed in Admiralty, Causeway Bay and Mong Kok where hundreds of people are camped out demanding open elections of all lawmakers and the next chief executive.

The doctors who signed the petition urged protestors to get off the roads immediately and to pursue their demands in “a rational, embracing and pragmatic” manner. They also said they support the police in clearing the protest sites.

“Roads are like blood vessels. Long-time blockage is harmful,” they said. “Hong Kong is ill!”

The doctors said law and order are the basis for the healthy development of democracy and the movement resembles cancerous cells in the human body.

“The Occupy movement upholds disobedience and law-breaking. It is like part of the body cells are overgrowing and not under control,” they said.

“It eventually mutates into cancer. It is eroding Hong Kong’s core values.”

Occupy Central is one of the groups who organised the street protests, along with the Federation of Students, Scholarism and others. Many protesters also say they are not affiliated with any group.

The doctors urged people who were opposed to the street protests, but had remained silent until now, to speak up. Without mentioning names, they said certain individuals or groups had been misleading people by portraying themselves as representatives of the public or certain sectors.

Those who signed the petition include retired Hospital Authority official Dr Fung Hong and some world authorities in medicine.

President of HKU-Shenzhen Hospital, Grace Tang Wai-king, professor of surgery and expert in liver transplants Lo Chung-mau, and former college of cardiology president Professor Lau Chu Pak all signed the document.

Many doctors who signed their names are in the private sector, including colorectal surgery expert Dr Chu Kin-wah, and ophthalmologist and outspoken supporter of Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying, Dr Chow Pak-chin.

Playwright Candace Chong Mui Ngam, who is married to a public doctor, wrote on her Facebook on Tuesday: “Not all doctors are concerned only about their work or business. My husband and his colleagues have been concerned about society and politics.”

She shared a picture of the doctors’ petition and said: “I can say for sure that those 500 signatures do not represent my husband.”

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Give me Liberty or Give me Death! Giordano Tycoon joins Occupy Central!

Resolute Occupy protesters raise umbrellas to commemorate firing of tear gas

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 28 October, 2014, 6:10pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 28 October, 2014, 10:43pm

Alan Yu and Chris Lau

scmp_28oct14_ns_umbrella1_wck_2560a_46420393.jpg

Thousands of people gathered on Harcourt Road in the area now dubbed Umbrella Square to commemorate the firing of tear gas at protesters by police one month ago – a major turning point for Hong Kong's pro-democracy movement.

Many protesters interviewed over the past month have said the use of tear gas had first driven them out onto the streets. The crowd on Harcourt Road held up their umbrellas for 87 seconds, one second for every canister of tear gas that police said they fired on September 28.

The moment was also marked by protesters in Mong Kok and Causeway Bay. The event in Admiralty was attended by protest leaders including Benny Tai Yiu-ting, Alex Chow Yong-kang and Joshua Wong Chi-fung.

It also featured a surprise appearance by singer and actress Deanie Ip Tak-Han. Ip said she couldn’t understand why the police had fired tear gas at the crowd that day. "They hate you, thinking you’re traitors and they’re afraid of you poking them with umbrellas," she said, drawing laughter from the crowd.

oct28-umbrella-detaila.jpg

Hundreds gathered on Harcourt Road at 6pm. Photo: Felix Wong

Protesters camped at sites around Hong Kong say they are determined to stay as the street protests enter their second month, but some have adjusted their goals – while others crave greater unity within the movement.

In Admiralty, 33-year-old Dan Yip said he has no intention of leaving, but his ambitions for the protest have shifted.

“We’re still going strong. If this lasts until Christmas and the new year, so be it,” said Yip, who teaches English literature at the Open University.

“When people bring us supplies, I often ask them what they would like the government to do right away, and most say it should do away with functional constituencies. Civil nomination has to be the second or third goal; getting rid of functional constituencies is the first.”

Half of the city’s 70 lawmakers are elected by functional constituencies, mostly based on trade and professional sectors. For a measure to pass in the Legislative Council, it must get majority support from both directly elected lawmakers and functional constituency lawmakers.

umbrella-felix-b.jpg

After the umbrellas, those gathered waved lights and held up a banner reading "I want real universal suffrage". Photo: Felix Wong

Yip said protesters now take turns in staying overnight at the camp, after being there around the clock in the early days.

Third-year university student Leung Wai-sin said she skipped classes at first to be in Admiralty, but now comes in her free time. She has also shifted her goal for the protest.

“At first I really was fighting for the right to nominate chief executive candidates, but I’ve learned to expect less and less from the government as the protest continued,” she said.

Now she will consider leaving the camp if the government submits an additional report to the national legislature to objectively portray how Hongkongers feel about democracy – without covering up what it doesn’t like.

She says the protesters need to talk more often about what they want, making reference to a hastily cancelled public vote on Sunday.

“Take the vote that didn’t happen – people didn’t like that because the Federation of Students came up with choices without much of a discussion,” she said. “We need more discussion about what protesters want the government to do, at the very least, instead of just chanting slogans.”

Chan Siu-lung, who has just invested in a tent with friends, felt the protesters need to do more to explain to the rest of society what they are doing.

“They may only see how we’re disrupting their lives, without them knowing exactly what we’re fighting for,” said the 25-year-old, who works for the recreation department of a clubhouse.

“We try not to bring up the protests at work, but when we were all eating together, one colleague said that protesters are just getting in the way of people making a living. So I quickly explained to her why I was doing this, and she listened and the conversation remained friendly.”

Social worker Homer Choi, 30, who first took to the streets on September 29, said he would like to see a stronger sense of unity among protesters going forward.

557-nora-a.jpg

About 80 protesters took part in an event at Causeway Bay, including lawmakers Fernando Cheung and Albert Cheng. Photo: Nora Tam

“There should be more meetings among protesters from different sites,” said Choi, who has based himself at the Mong Kok camp on Nathan Road.

He said the movement should be about peace, love and the willingness to listen to others.

But he stressed that the sporadic violence in Mong Kok was not caused by protesters, but by those who had infiltrated their ranks intent on causing trouble.

Chou said he would retreat when the trio of Occupy Central leaders – Benny Tai Yiu-ting, Dr Chan Kin-man and Reverend Chu Yiu-ming – and student leaders recommended to do so.

He felt the protest leaders were doing a better job than the government has done in recent years.

One protester, an illustrator surnamed Lam, said he wanted to leave now.

“But the government still has not given us a response politically. Instead, it blamed us for causing security problems,” he said.

Lam said that there was nothing else that the protesters could do except to continue their sit-in. It is all up to the government from this point, he said.

“The government is the party responsible for taking care of the economy and politics, not the students nor the [Occupy] trio,” he added.

Lam said he would not leave until the government had come up with a proposal which he deems acceptable.

umbrella-mk-kycheng-b.jpg

Umbrellas were also held aloft in Mong Kok. Photo: K.Y. Cheng

In Mong Kok, protesters handed out free umbrellas before observing a minute’s silence as the clock struck 6pm. Around 500 people began chanting the slogan “We want a real election” after the minute’s silence.

A group of protesters then headed towards an intersection between Nathan Road and Argyle Street, which had been sealed off by police.

“We’re not charging,” a man told the police there, saying they were expressing their desire for democracy as the crowd raised their umbrellas.

Teacher Moon Tang, in her 30s, who raised a polka-dotted umbrella, said the one-month mark had prompted her to consider the future of the movement.

“Whether we should proceed [with the protests] or whether there are other better ways, this is what we need to think about now,” she said.

Although she was not in Admiralty the night tear gas was fired a month ago, the special needs teacher said she had been “supportive of the movement throughout.”

imag1984.jpg

University student Leo Lau, 20, did not start out as an Occupy supporter, but joined the event today to hold his umbrella high.

“I’m not happy that police still think they did the right thing,” he said.

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Backlash after Hong Kong police release video of Occupy protesters’ ‘violent behaviour’

Backlash over video said to show the 'hate and violence' of Occupy protesters as lawmakers accuse security chief of 'political propaganda'

PUBLISHED : Monday, 27 October, 2014, 4:58pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 28 October, 2014, 12:03pm

Tony Cheung , Shirley Zhao and Clifford Lo

mk-riot-protesters.jpg

Riot police and protesters face off in Mong Kok on October 19. Photo: AFP

Security chief Lai Tung-kwok yesterday attempted to lift the lid on "hate and violence" by Occupy protesters with a video of clashes with police - but found himself on the receiving end of a backlash amid accusations that he left out inconvenient events.

Lai premiered the video - said to have been gleaned from clips found on the internet - to members of the Legislative Council's security panel. But panel members criticised him for using the meeting as a "tool of political propaganda".

The minister insisted the video was meant only to show lawmakers what had happened.

Before showing the film, Lai spent seven minutes telling lawmakers how "Occupy Central … deviated from its nature of civil disobedience" and failed to live up to its promise to act "with love and peace".

Watch the 2-minute version translated and edited by SCMP:

"On the night of October 14, protesters ran onto Lung Wo Road, and [marched towards] police officers … how can this be linked with 'love and peace'?" he asked. "When two to three hundred protesters surrounded three policemen and shouted at them, was that peace and non-violence? ... Was it 'love and peace' or 'hate and violence'?"

The 11-minute video was made up of clips showing clashes between protesters and police in Admiralty on September 28 and 29 and October 14 to 16, as well as in Mong Kok on October 3 and 17.

In the clips, protesters are seen apparently trying to seize barricades on September 28, while a man in the background shouts instructions such as "Charge! Put on goggles! The back row, proceed!" In other clips, officers are seen grabbing protesters' umbrellas and using pepper spray and batons. In one clip, protesters are heard using foul language and shouting abuse at police in Mong Kok.

The Security Bureau declined the Post's request for a copy.

Civic Party lawmaker Claudia Mo Man-ching asked why the video did not include the use of tear gas by police on September 28, or attacks on pro-democracy protesters by anti-Occupy gangs and suspected triad members.

mo-mk.jpg

Lawmaker Claudia Mo Man-ching speaks in Mong Kok on October 20. Photo: Edward Wong

"Even in your video clip, [Occupy] protesters do not carry any weapons," Mo told Lai.

IT sector lawmaker Charles Mok asked why Lai was trying to turn the panel into a "tool of political propaganda".

But Lai found support from Beijing-loyalists, who said the video proved that the Occupy protests were violent.

Elizabeth Quat, of the Democratic Alliance for the Betterment and Progress of Hong Kong, said the panel members should focus on discussing how to end the protests, rather than assessing the details of what had happened. "We are not God, how can we know the full facts?" Quat asked.

Meanwhile, police arrested a second man in connection with attacks on four journalists from RTHK and TVB who were covering an anti-Occupy rally in Tsim Sha Tsui on Saturday. At least two or three more suspects are being sought.

The man, a 56-year-old taxi driver, was picked up in Chai Wan on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm, criminal damage and common assault, police said.

The suspect remained in custody last night. The other suspect, a 61-year-old man, was released on bail yesterday afternoon. The man, a herbalist, was arrested in Tsuen Wan on Sunday.

Commissioner of Police Andy Tsang Wai-hung. meanwhile, reiterated that the protests had "adversely affected the daily lives and livelihoods of general members of the public and eroded the rule of law".

And he warned: "If anyone resorts to violence, police will take resolute action."