• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indians are smarter than Chinese, look at the number of executives at global corp

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is an undeniable fact that at the global stage the number of western caucasian leaders managing big companies far exceed Asians. However when it comes to Asians the Indians plays a very prominent part in managing these global corporations compare to the other Asians particularly the Chinese. Do you agree?

We are not just talking about the number of Indian doctors and lawyers and bankers and engineers here which shows very disproportionate numbers compared to the Indian population ratio in Singapore which makes me wonder if compared proportionately surely the number of Indians will outstrip the other races.

Anyway lets look at just a few prominent Indian CEOs internationally

Satya Nadella CEO Microsoft

Shantanu Narayen, CEO, Adobe

Rakesh Kapoor, global CEO, Reckitt and Benckiser

Sanjay Jha, CEO, Motorola Mobility

Rakesh Sachdev CEO Sigma-Aldrich Corporation

Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Cognizant

Nitin Paranjpe – Global President of the Home Care Business of Unilever

Dinesh Paliwal CEO Harman International Industries

Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo Chairman and CEO

Vikram Pandit, CEO, Citigroup

Harish Manwai, COO, FMCG Unilever

Lakshmi N Mittal, Arcelor Mittal chairman

Ajit Jain, CEO, Reinsurance Division, Berkshire Hathaway Inc

Anshu Jain, co-CEO, Deutsche Bank

Ajay Banga headed Mastercard as its CEO

Abhijit Talwalkar CEO LSI Corp

Atul Singh – Group President of Asia of Coca Cola

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-02-05/why-microsoft-and-everyone-else-loves-indian-ceos

Why Microsoft and Everyone Else Loves Indian CEOs
Feb 5, 2014 2:37 PM EST
By Leonid Bershidsky

With the appointment of Satya Nadella as chief executive officer, Microsoft has joined a growing club of multinational corporations run by Indian-born managers. The list includes Pepsi, Deutsche Bank, MasterCard, Adobe Systems, Diageo, London-traded consumer goods giant Reckitt Benckiser and semiconductor maker GlobalFoundries.

At first glance, the commonalities among Indian CEOs are not particularly informative. They're all in their late 40s and early 50s, the age when a successful manager's career can be expected to peak. All graduated from U.S. or U.K. universities in addition to their Indian schools -- no surprise, since all of them were immigrants who needed a stepping stone into a new culture. Those of them who had management experience in India started out with global corporations, which is logical given that it would have been harder to make the leap to global prominence from one of the family-owned companies that comprise about two thirds of Indian businesses. At least three -- Nadella, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen and Prem Watsa, who runs Fairfax Financial, the would-be savior of Blackberry -- went to the same public school in Hyderabad, which experienced a technological boom around the turn of the century that included the establishment of Microsoft's first development center outside the U.S. By the time the boom developed, however, all three were long gone from their hometown.

In other ways, the executives' backgrounds diverge significantly. They come from different parts of India -- Jaipur, where Deutsche co-CEO Anshu Jain was born, is 1,300 miles away from Chennai, the birthplace of Pepsi's Indra Nooyi. A few of the CEOs -- Nooyi, Ajay Banga of Mastercard, Ivan Menezes of Diageo -- went to the Indian Institutes of Management, business schools set up by the Indian government since the 1960s to create a local management elite. Most did not. Some, like Nooyi, Narayen, Benckiser's Rakesh Kapoor and Nadella, studied engineering. Others, like Jain, Menezes and MasterCard chief Ajay Banga, are economics and business graduates.

Yet there must be a reason why so many Indians, and not, say, Brazilians, Russians or Chinese, have made stellar corporate careers. The answer might be found in studies of the Indian management culture.

According to research from St. Gallen University in Switzerland, Indian executives are inclined toward participative management and building meaningful relationships with subordinates. "The leadership style traditionally employed in India fostered an emotional bond between superiors and subordinates," the 2004 study said. "The feeling that the company genuinely cares for its employees, provided a strong bond of loyalty that went beyond financial rewards."

In the "Indian club," there are no executives known for a dictatorial management style. Nooyi says: "You need to look at the employee and say, 'I value you as a person. I know that you have a life beyond PepsiCo, and I'm going to respect you for your entire life, not just treat you as employee number 4,567.'"

When Nadella replaced Steve Ballmer at the helm of Microsoft, his high standing with the company's rank-and-file was cited as a major reason for his promotion.

A 2007 study by researchers at Southern New Hampshire University, which compared Indian managers to U.S. ones, found the South Asians more humble. It is not by chance that Nadella started his first e-mail to Microsoft employees as chief executive by saying, "This is a very humbling day for me."

The study also found Indians to be particularly future-oriented, focused on long-term strategies. Narayen of Adobe says: "If you can connect all the dots between what you see today and where you want to go, then it’s probably not ambitious enough or aspirational enough".

In his email, Nadella paraphrased an Oscar Wilde quote on the same point: "We need to believe in the impossible and remove the improbable."

Perhaps most importantly, the Indian managers get to the top because they persevere. Most of those I mentioned had the patience to rise through the ranks at their companies, learning their business thoroughly from every angle. Nooyi joined Pepsi in 1994, Jain took his first job at Deutsche Bank a year later, Menezes has been with Diageo since 1997, Narayen was hired by Adobe in 1998, and Nadella's appointment crowns a 22-year career with Microsoft.

There is nothing specifically Indian about empathy, humility, patience and an ability to dream. Yet it is these qualities that appear to have created the "Indian club" of overachievers in global business.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes they are good at becoming ceos of other people's companies and bullshitting.

But when it comes to starting their own companies and making their own billion dollar industries they are nowhere to be seen.because a company full of Indians will achieve nothing,when it comes to doing and producing,Indians ain't got nothing but shit.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the Indians' facility with English. English is the lingua franca in India, not China. Western MNCs will never hire non-English speaking CEOs.

Same reason why you don't see Japs or Koreans heading Western MNCs.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the Indians' facility with English. English is the lingua franca in India, not China. Western MNCs will never hire non-English speaking CEOs.

Same reason why you don't see Japs or Koreans heading Western MNCs.

true true,same with LKY,the west idolise him only because his lingua franca is english and when he speaks he makes their pussy wet.....if he was just another asian despot who dont speak a lick of english like chinese leaders,they would probably be looking at him with guarded suspicion and calling him a communist.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sooner or later, Indians will be exposed to be more talk than substance. What the Chinks called saliva more than phlegm.

Look at Vikram Pandit. He actually has been sacked from Citicorps. So the info is outdated.

Just look at their country. What a fooking mess!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It so puzzling ah neh can brag about producing global ceo but have yet to produce a global brand.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like chupatty and masalla. Tandoori and Bryani. Indian food is good.but don't date Indian girls as their men will disturb you.

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Indians are so SMART that the Mother country is so wide in divide, riches, poverty, etc. They are all for themselves. And the rich successful are bending, sucking freely to the whites in all positions.
Motherland India will forever remain filthy, corrupted IF it does not change.
India n Indians must change for the good of the universal world

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I bought an Indian safe a few years ago. It's an excellent product and is reliable and trouble free. Indians are the best.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought an Indian safe a few years ago. It's an excellent product and is reliable and trouble free. Indians are the best.

Bwahahaha! So funny.

You should buy a more hi-tech product like mobile phone, laptop computer, automobile or similar and compare with the made in China equivalents.

Actually, shortly after 9/11, I read a newspaper article, which describes how an Indian plane was stormed by Indian commandoes thinking there were terrorists inside. It turns out there were none. The pilots thought there were terrorists in the passenger cabin and the cabin crew thought the cockpit had been taken over by the terrorists. What a farking joke! Laughed so loud after I read the article that my mom wanted to call IMH :biggrin:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
The number of CEO is no indicators of success for a particular race. But the corporate earnings annually following their appointments. That is a better indicator. So there is really nothing to brag about.

Angmos CEOs are still the MAJORITY.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The number of CEO is no indicators of success for a particular race. But the corporate earnings annually following their appointments. That is a better indicator. So there is really nothing to brag about.

Angmos CEOs are still the MAJORITY.

This is proof that ceos are the most useless jobs in the world considering they need to hire shitskins to do it.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
There used to be alot of Indian CEOs in top banks in Singapore too. Just as you find alot of Jews in finance, you will find Indians in C-level positions. Let's face it, there has to be something. I doubt Microsoft had a shortage of people wanting to be CEO. As for locals , I am sure there are many C-level positions in Singapore companies you can aim for. It is only in US MNCs that you find alot of Indians.
From personal experience I have to say, when they are good, they are very very good.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There used to be alot of Indian CEOs in top banks in Singapore too. Just as you find alot of Jews in finance, you will find Indians in C-level positions. Let's face it, there has to be something. I doubt Microsoft had a shortage of people wanting to be CEO. As for locals , I am sure there are many C-level positions in Singapore companies you can aim for. It is only in US MNCs that you find alot of Indians.
From personal experience I have to say, when they are good, they are very very good.

very good at what?bullshiting?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It so puzzling ah neh can brag about producing global ceo but have yet to produce a global brand.

Indians tend to ride on others ...that's why they are snakes ....there are capable ones and the majority of ah nehs are full of bs ....sinkees should know as we have worked with many of them.

Then real good Indians are running Western companies because they are different. They have adopted the Western mindset and have learned how to suck up to their white masters.