• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it still viable to stay in JB and work/study in SG?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the recent increase of toll charges across the custom,
I believed the traffic would be greatly reduced..

However, news have also reported that Malaysia will implement the toll charge for foreign vehicle entering Malaysia soon.

My current HDB will be hitting the MOP (Minimum Occupation Period) in 1 year 5 months time.
Therefore, I need to plan to see if I continue to stay in SG or move back to JB..

I have 2 kids attending childcare at bukit panjang area..
I will be resigning from my employee job and be a self employed after bonuses..

So.. can i ask from those who are still commuting daily in and out of JB for advice..

Thank you.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours is a tricky situation. Your kids are still young and schooling issues with tuition, enrichment classes and ccas will set in and living in JB will be tough. Two of my JB neighbours with primary school children have moved back after trying out for a year or so.
Having said that, living in JB is still viable, at least for me. I don't travel out everyday and usually it is off peak hours. Well, my kids only come over during the weekends if they want to. They are independent of us.
Here, we pursue our interests with great pleasure, to be more specific , taking care of adopted dogs and gardening and farming. We bonded well with like-minded neighbours and often share our harvest of fruits and vegetables. We also join a local church group and their activities.

For us, life is still good in JB. :smile: Still loving it every minute.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing checkers. Good to know you are doing well there.
Out of curiosity can share which taman u residing in?

:p

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours is a tricky situation. Your kids are still young and schooling issues with tuition, enrichment classes and ccas will set in and living in JB will be tough. Two of my JB neighbours with primary school children have moved back after trying out for a year or so.
Having said that, living in JB is still viable, at least for me. I don't travel out everyday and usually it is off peak hours. Well, my kids only come over during the weekends if they want to. They are independent of us.
Here, we pursue our interests with great pleasure, to be more specific , taking care of adopted dogs and gardening and farming. We bonded well with like-minded neighbours and often share our harvest of fruits and vegetables. We also join a local church group and their activities.

For us, life is still good in JB. :smile: Still loving it every minute.

how old are your kids? if they are independent means they are pretty old already i believed.

My JB house is like a liability to us now as it is taking $$ away from our pocket..
unless we shift and stay in it and rent out the HDB in Singapore..

My greatest worry will be travelling in and out of JB.. and the kids have to suffer the Jam..
Enough say, most Johorian kids are also doing the same..
So i am thinking if they can do it, why not us?..

I am thinking to see if it is possible without much difficulty...

Glad that you are having a great time in JB..

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the recent increase of toll charges across the custom,
I believed the traffic would be greatly reduced..

However, news have also reported that Malaysia will implement the toll charge for foreign vehicle entering Malaysia soon.

My current HDB will be hitting the MOP (Minimum Occupation Period) in 1 year 5 months time.
Therefore, I need to plan to see if I continue to stay in SG or move back to JB..

I have 2 kids attending childcare at bukit panjang area..
I will be resigning from my employee job and be a self employed after bonuses..

So.. can i ask from those who are still commuting daily in and out of JB for advice..

Thank you.

If you move over to JB with family, better to have study and activities moved to JB as well. But keep your business or employment in Singapore. Then rent out HDB. Then spend in JB.:p

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
how old are your kids? if they are independent means they are pretty old already i believed.

My JB house is like a liability to us now as it is taking $$ away from our pocket..
unless we shift and stay in it and rent out the HDB in Singapore..

My greatest worry will be travelling in and out of JB.. and the kids have to suffer the Jam..
Enough say, most Johorian kids are also doing the same..
So i am thinking if they can do it, why not us?..

I am thinking to see if it is possible without much difficulty...

Glad that you are having a great time in JB..

My kids are not very old. I am older. It can be done but expect difficulties and challenges. Some people can take stress better than others. It depends on your perspective and you need to consider the needs of your wife and children too.