• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who Decides Whether One Desrves a Wax Figure? Familee?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]NETIZEN SAYS THAT THE LATE ACTOR HUANG WENYONG DOESN’T DESERVE A WAX FIGURE[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
26 Oct 2014 - 1:57pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

The new Madame Tussauds wax museum opened up this week in Singapore with many local celebrities and politicians being featured.

However, one netizen has ruffled some feathers after he left a rude comment about the figure of the Late Huang Wenyong.

Huang Wenyong was a Malaysia-born Singaporean actor, musician, and former teacher. He was an actor for MediaCorp from the early 1980s until his death. Appearing in more than 100 television programmes, he was among the first few batches of locally-trained actors to enter the local entertainment industry and considered to be one of the "pioneers in local Chinese drama"

Netizen Jonathan Yeow had commented on a picture of the wax figure of Huang Wengyong saying:

“Y him? What contri? Just because he died?”

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

His comment was quickly seen by Mr Huang’s daughter, Nicole Ng who rebutted that:

“Everyone dies. If everyone gets a tribute as a wax figure after they die, the wax museum will be out of space in no time. If my dad gets a wax figure, I’m sure he meant something to our local Singapore media industry.”

She also posted a screenshot of the netizen’s comment and her reply on her own facebook page highlighting that she simply could not put up with this netizen’s outward disrespect:

Related:
AT THE MADAME TUSSAUDS SINGAPORE: HOW (NOT) TO TAKE PHOTOS

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's Madame Tussauds. They do wax figurines for all celebrities: big celebrities, small celebrities, ugly celebrities a.k.a politicians.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Jonathan said is not wrong. Why should he have a wax figure; what was his contribution? On that note, why is that pseudo Bayi also have the wax figure.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Am I entitled to a wax figure after I die? I have made a huge impact on the lives of ordinary Singaporeans.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dumb bitch,mark lee also appeared in 100s of tv shows and commerical but i sure as hell wouldnt put that clown in any museum.....

Guile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Stephanie Sun is lucky for she got it when she is young and pretty. You certainly don't want yourself to be remembered as a senile fark!

Look, i even had one in a Russian Wax Museum. I think it's horrible. Can't recognize myself LOL!

wGaIx0m.jpg

This is much better..

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ROILqeQXI0Q?rel=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone can have a was figure, so long they pay for it. But where can you put it and people bother or not is another question.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am I entitled to a wax figure after I die? I have made a huge impact on the lives of ordinary Singaporeans.

Hey boss, I would say you deserve a wax figure much much more than Huang WY. Your contributions to Singapore are many folds more than the late Huang. Not that I want to speak ill of the dead, but with due respect, Huang was a fucked up actor who over dramatized every role he took on. His acting (if you can call it that) was totally unnatural and both his facial expressions and body movements were all over exaggeration. He was much glorified when he died but he did not deserve any of the tributes paid to him by Mediacorp and its band of morons. At most he can praised for being a loyal and obedient servant of MediaCorp and nothing more. To wax him up at Madam Tussands here is an absolute disgrace and insult to many more Singaporeans who are much more deserving.

If his daughter reading this, you and your family have our sympathies for your dad passing away at a relatively young age. But the reality is that your late father was not a good actor at all and he had no special contributions to our country. If your dad got a wax figure, then about another 1000 others should have theirs too. Sometimes the truth hurts but that you have to accept the truth. Your dad was simply a lousy actor who butchered each role he took on, not least when he hosted the chinese variety show for the senior citizens. In fact the ratings went so low when he was hosting it that there was a petition to replace him!

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think both Dr Toh Chin Chye and Dr Goh Keng Swee deserve to have their wax figures displayed in the museum. Both gave huge contribution to our nation building and should be remembered by.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think both Dr Toh Chin Chye and Dr Goh Keng Swee deserve to have their wax figures displayed in the museum. Both gave huge contribution to our nation building and should be remembered by.

David Marshall, Lim Chin Siong and all Barisan Socalis member should have as well.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lets include Devan Nair, Ong TC and Prataman these were unique Presidents.
Pls don't forget Chia Thye Poh longest serving Political detainee.