• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thousands of Chinese-Canadians lured back to Hong Kong by better job prospects

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Krafty how is today taxi business?

last week I saw taxi uncle brought pinoy maid to botanical garden

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Chinese in white man country (Oz, Cana, Kiwi, US..) it is not good to be still working (if indeed you can find employment). Most are in own business or partnership with other immigrant.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Chinese in white man country (Oz, Cana, Kiwi, US..) it is not good to be still working (if indeed you can find employment). Most are in own business or partnership with other immigrant.

these Asians velly lucky I not super rich AngMoh.............otherwise I will pump in money to rejuvenate Ku Klux Klan......

chase all Asians away............if they refuse to leave, then i'll kill them............

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So how many are overseas again? And only thousands flock back? Must be the useless ones

This phenomenon has been happening since the late '80s when HKers left in droves for Canada to escape impending Chinese takeover in '97.

Family migrate to Canada, get PR/citizenship. Dad returns to HK to run business leaving children and wife behind in Canada to take advantage of free education and welfare system. These people were called taikonauts, a pun on the Chinese words 太空人 which had a double meaning; 'space traveller' and 'man without wife'. Many of the returnees hooked up with Chinese mainland SYTs while their wives were raising their children in the land of the maple tree. Jackie Chan was one such example.

Their motto is: make money in HK, keep a mistress on the mainland, raise kids in Canada

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This phenomenon has been happening since the late '80s when HKers left in droves for Canada to escape impending Chinese takeover in '97.

Family migrate to Canada, get PR/citizenship. Dad returns to HK to run business leaving children and wife behind in Canada to take advantage of free education and welfare system. These people were called taikonauts, a pun on the Chinese words 太空人 which had a double meaning; 'space traveller' and 'man without wife'. Many of the returnees hooked up with Chinese mainland SYTs while their wives were raising their children in the land of the maple tree. Jackie Chan was one such example.

Sinful is the word.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds exciting sounds like Chinese are paving the way for us Chinese as the immigration frontier to the world.looks like there will be a Chinatown soon in every country in the world.I hope one day I would be rich enough to set up a office or company in Canada hong Kong Australia and every city in the world.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds exciting sounds like Chinese are paving the way for us Chinese as the immigration frontier to the world.looks like there will be a Chinatown soon in every country in the world.I hope one day I would be rich enough to set up a office or company in Canada hong Kong Australia and every city in the world.

The 3 great diasporas: Chinese, Jews, Indians