• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WILL HIGH COST OF LIVING IN SINGAPORE BE THE DOWNFALL OF FAP Traitors?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]WILL HIGH COST OF LIVING IN SINGAPORE BE THE DOWNFALL OF PAP?[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
24 Oct 2014 - 7:16pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Just two years ago, a bowl of fishball noodle costs $2.50. Today, it costs $3.00 or even $3.50 in residential coffee shop at Tampines. A typical data plan for mobile is now more expensive today. Just two years ago, a 12 Gbyte mobile data costs about $24.00. Today 5 Gbyte mobile data plan costs $19.00 with addition $5 for each 1Gbyte data excess. When my data plan expires, I'm not going to renew it.

Bus fares also increase. Next year CPF minimum sum will be increased to about $166k. Looking at the rate of increases, I doubt my saving will be sufficient for my retirement in Singapore. Looking at Taiwan, their public transport and food price are reasonable. Of course, it's not perfect what with the dirty oil. Well, at least the culprits are jailed now. I might just retire in Taiwan since things are much cheaper compared to Singapore.

I'm just wondering if all these costs for basic necessities like transport and food justifiable? I don't see our salary at the same rate. I reckon besides the increase of CPF minimum sum, the increasing cost of living in Singapore could drive Singaporeans to vote for the oppositions. Seriously the government must do something with the rocket high rental cost.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

When I read that the monthly rental for a stall in hawker center is $6000.00, I was shocked. I mean if I'm the hawker, I kinda lose the motivation to sell as I need to sell 1500 bowls of noodles which cost $4 before I can even recoup the rental cost. High rental cost is bad for the future of Singapore hawker and something must be done. Else people frustrated with the high cost of living in Singapore could just vote the oppositions for a change.

Jacky
*The writer blogs at http://happyartfood.blogspot.sg/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore is an extremely cheap place. Taxi fares are low, MRT fares are low, housing is cheap, medical care is cheap and food is cheap.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam, you talk like a multi millionaire living in sinkieland.

Not at all I'm viewing it from the perspective of someone starting out in life.

Where else in the world can you buy a comfortable 3 room apartment in the middle of a cosmopolitan first world city for $100,000 and be able to travel by train to work and back for less than $4?

In the West most office workers bring a sandwich from home to save money because eating out costs the earth. In Singapore lunch out costs less $5.

To crown it all if you happen to need a major medical procedure, it will cost you less than $10.

Singaporeans should count their blessings.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not at all I'm viewing it from the perspective of someone starting out in life.

Where else in the world can you buy a comfortable 3 room apartment in the middle of a cosmopolitan first world city for $100,000 and be able to travel by train to work and back for less than $4?

In the West most office workers bring a sandwich from home to save money because eating out costs the earth. In Singapore lunch out costs less $5.

To crown it all if you happen to need a major medical procedure, it will cost you less than $10.

I have a proper chinese meal in the city for $5.50 :biggrin:

The cheapo ang mohs are the ones who bring a sandwich to eat for lunch, I have such in my office.
One I know is a multi millionaire.

$4 transport to and fro from sg depends on where you live and work. Does a packed like sardine traveling experience worth even few dollars?

3 room HDB in sg for less than $100k? Where? BTO?
Between, houses here you can get at 200k+ freehold.

$8 heart bypass is only for Malaysian converted foreign talent. Local born sinkies still have to pay sky high medical that will wipe out one's lifetime savings. To add on to the insult, after sinkies die organs will be be harvested to sell and money goes to the govt or where.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is an extremely cheap place. Taxi fares are low, MRT fares are low, housing is cheap, medical care is cheap and food is cheap.

Boss, you are still living in your fantasy world. Get real and come back to sinkie land.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....To crown it all if you happen to need a major medical procedure, it will cost you less than $10.

Major medical procedure for less than $10? This claim is really the "cock talk" of the century. Where can you get such procedure done for this amount?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Major medical procedure for less than $10? This claim is really the "cock talk" of the century. Where can you get such procedure done for this amount?

You obviously have not heard of the $8 heart bypass. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We're also spreading the 'high cost of living' disease to JB, Batam and even Malacca.

The prices of food, necessities and medicine have increased by a lot... all thanks to rampant property speculation. :rolleyes: