• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Begs Pinoy FTrash to Treat SGs Nicer in SG. WTF!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]I REALLY HOPE FILIPINOS CAN SHOW SOME BASIC RESPECT TO US SINGAPOREANS[/h]

<!-- /.block -->
<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>
Post date:
25 Oct 2014 - 11:24am

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I refer to the article: "FILIPINO WORKING IN SINGAPORE: I FEEL LIKE TRS READERS SHOULD BE NICER TO US PINOYS"

Last I check, this is still Singapore. Frankly, you are working on someone else's sovereign soil and country. Have some respect for the host country.

Let's level with you in a fair manner. Singaporeans are already struggling to make ends meet and we have our own families to feed. Our fresh graduates need jobs as well to feed their own families. Our retirees, senior citizens and the much "beloved policies of the Pioneer Generation (PG) are neither the best enough for the pioneers of Singapore.

We have poverty as well in this first world nation in the Malacca Straits, aka the tiny red dot in South East Asia.

ESPECIALLY, don't forget the brave SONS and DAUGHTERS of SINGAPORE serving National Service to safeguard our borders from domestic and international threats to this nation.
Was it your people or your sons who have to sacrifice 2.5 or 2 years of their lives to serve the country and put their lives on the line so that you as a foreign worker or foreign talent can sleep peacefully at night knowing that terrorism and crime will not strike when you are most vulnerable?

When you pick up the telephone to call for help, who is the Singaporean son or daughter on the other line dispatching help to you? Are you not taking our peoples efforts and sacefices for granted?

You expect us to be nicer to you, we Singaporeans expect you to be humble and gracious to the host country that you work in and not insult our intelligence by telling us that we should be the ones being proactive and to welcome you with open arms of grace.

Yes, unfortunately the number of gracious, respectful Filipinas are few and not many. (What I mean is there good Filipinas out there, just very few.)

Put yourselves into the shoes of Singaporean, you came to our country to work. We did not ask you to come here, please don't quote our leaders speeches of financial diplomacy, because they do not consult the people's counsel or consensus before doing things, they just do it for the sake of GDP and economic growth. (May the Gods strike me with lightning, if I lie)

Why don't you be nicer to us instead of telling us to be nicer to you?

Its weird you know, there are many Filipinas in the US, why don't you go send a letter to the NY Times or the CNN and tell Americans to be nicer? Why are you saying this to us Singaporeans only?

There is something called M-U-T-U-A-L R-E-S-P-E-C-T

No longer are Singaporeans push overs for foreigners to dictate OUR domestic policy or how the way Singaporeans should treat you. We are human beings also living under a "Happy Dictatorship"

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

How would you like if Singaporeans went to Manila, Philippines and told you to be nicer to us, not just 1 or 2, but this time around, thousands of us working there in blue collar jobs or the lower-end jobs, maybe some of us in white collar jobs.

Check yourself, back in the Philippines former Philippines president Ferdinand Marcos or Joseph Estrada were neither that good as well, loads of corruption

Am I insulting your leaders? Hell no. I am trying to tell you that you best reflect about how our political system is then understand WHY Singaporeans are pissed.

When you step into someone else's rice bowl, you know there will be blowback. You are in Singapore now, I don't want to be cliché, but!

"When in Rome!"

You want respect, you EARN it, You DON'T DEMAND it.

If you find my post utterly unacceptable, please take a moment and think about us Singaporeans also, many of us also have our families to feed, taxes to pay and give so much to our nation, sending our sons out to protect our way of life. Can you do that huh? Spare a thought for us Singaporeans.

Jerichó Kunze Tan

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]FILIPINO WORKING IN SINGAPORE: I FEEL LIKE TRS READERS SHOULD BE NICER TO US PINOYS[/h]

<!-- /.block -->
<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>
Post date:
24 Oct 2014 - 1:43pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore

I refer to the article posted by one of your readers on your forum titled: "DEAR TRS, I AM A SECURITY GUARD AND THESE PINOY DID NOT LISTEN TO ME!"

There is nothing wrong with us gathering at public places in Orchard Road because we do not have anywhere else to go relax. Everywhere in Singapore is crowded and the shopping centres and parks is always full. Where else can we go? I want to also comment about the comments made by your readers.

=> Ask your beloved Ass Loon traitor lah! If not happy, balek kampong loh!

Before I continue, I would like to say that yes, I am guilty of being a lazy filipino that is working in a company that is full of foreigners and not a single native Singaporeans that I know of work in there. But it is not my fault that the companies are able to exploit the cheap labour of other countries and discriminate against Singaporeans. Why are Singaporeans targetting us innocent filipinos when we have done nothing wrong except trying to earn more money for our family and ourselves?

Things I love about Singapore and TRS

My gosh I love this place. Everything is so clean, and everything is so safe at night I can walk at night without worrying I will get raped or robbed. Please note that I am not hating TRS readers just because you complain about your country and the foreigners stealing your job. The voices found here are exactly the ones that are needed to be heard by this country. This website is an eye-opener for many of us foreigners to know the true sentiments of many Singaporeans (particularly, the medium income to the poor ones) felt living in Singapore. It also makes me realise that I need to seriously reconsider my options if I want to become a Singapore citizen because of these problems that are only exclusive to Singaporeans and not the foreigners working in Singapore.

Negatives about Singapore and TRS

I feel like many of you guys here are degrading us Filipinos by saying we are prositutes or maid. Not all Filipinos working in Singapore are maids and prositutes. Some of us actually come from the more 'deveoped' cities in Philippines such as Manila. Not all of us are here to hook up with old and rich caucausian man. For me, I definitely prefer dating a White Male man (they look so much better than Singaporean guys, sry no offence just my personal preference) than a Singaporean but I definitely wouldn't go out with a 60 year old White man.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Now to the racism part, there is no point shouting hate comments at us Filipinos because we won't be here to steal your job if your government don't allow us in the first place. I wanted to go to the UK or Australia to work initially, but their immigration laws is so strict and I obviously didn't qualify to go there which is why I chose Singapore instead. They have strict English test that I can't pass because my English is not very good, whilist in Singapore I do not even need to learn English because the government has no restriction on us speaking good English and in my company, most of us are Filipinos and there is no need for me to speak English.

Some of your readers also insult as for being very religious and devoted Catholic, I believe that we have the right to practice whatever religion we want and Singaporeans should respect that.

Another thing I want to add is that, I feel like despite having 800,000 Filipinos in Singapore the country did not make our language an Official Language. It is not fair to us Filipinos to not gain recongnition in Singapore because we have so many talented people working in Singapore and our population living in Singapore is already more than the local Malays and Indians. Why are the Malays and Indians able to gain recognition to be an Official Language but not the Filipino people?

I would really appreciate it if the street signs and shop banners will include Tagalog in the future in order to accomodate and fit the interest of the 800,000 Filipinos currently residing in Singapore.
Would you agree with me?

Filipino Working in Singapore
TRS reader

Rebuttal Letter from a Singaporean: I REALLY HOPE FILIPINOS CAN SHOW SOME BASIC RESPECT TO US SINGAPOREANS

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should make life miserable for foreigners ...they shouldn't feel welcome. Yes, we want them to leave. And we will toss the PAP out of power comes 2016.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice speech....this doesn't apply just to pinoys,this applies to all foreigners....wonder if 154th media has the balls to publish it.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should make life miserable for foreigners ...they shouldn't feel welcome. Yes, we want them to leave. And we will toss the PAP out of power comes 2016.

Yes, make them feel welcome for fuck.

Sinkies are already very nice to them and they still ask for the sky. How nice they want? For sinkies to treat them like kings and queens which they don't even get in their fucking loser country?
These pinoys if go western countries you see if they dare to ask the people there to be nice to them. They get beaten up by racists will also diam diam.

Trash should be treated like trash. Do sinkies have balls and intellect to do so?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why complain of pinoy maids if the people are so lazy that they cannot even clean their own house or take care of their own kids. I have seen families with income barely enough to survive, employing maids to do all the dirty jobs. Who is at fault? Yes blame the govt for allowing this self-destructive trend under the pretext of encouraging woman to continue working. My jap friend's wife when in Sg look after 5 kids on her own without maid. Personally I survived without maids with both husband and wife working and my kids are all grown up now. Plain laziness is the real reason for the need to have maids. ( except for taking care of bed ridden elderly)