• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alibaba and Familee

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little bird from the West told me this info:

Following Alibaba's IPO, the net value of one of Familee's investment vehicles has risen to slightly more than US$300 million.

The initial investment in Alibaba was about US$25 million, made about 3 to 4 years ago.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Following Alibaba's IPO, the net value of one of Familee's investment vehicles has risen to slightly more than US$300 million.

The initial investment in Alibaba was about US$25 million, made about 3 to 4 years ago.

Aren't you happy for them?
They got buy some for our Temasek and GIC funds or not?

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahahaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_China

MhBZa50.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cool story bro.....how is Familee able to buy alibaba stock before the ipo?u think they have the foresight to even seek out alibaba founder like yahoo?

more like the gong kias bought alibaba at ipo opening and the shares drop 10 bucks 2 weeks later.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
cool story bro.....how is Familee able to buy alibaba stock before the ipo?u think they have the foresight to even seek out alibaba founder like yahoo?.....

In my original post, I didn't state that Familee bought up Alibaba's stock before the latter's IPO.

Long before Alibaba launched its IPO, Temasick already invested in it. Familee followed suit, using its own investment vehicles.

FYI Temasick also invested in Xiaomi because its founder and CEO is well-connected to Ah Tiong princelings.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my original post, I didn't state that Familee bought up Alibaba's stock before the latter's IPO.

Long before Alibaba launched its IPO, Temasick already invested in it. Familee followed suit, using its own investment vehicles.

FYI Temasick also invested in Xiaomi because its founder and CEO is well-connected to Ah Tiong princelings.

oh really?familee got their own investment group?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I'm very happy when Sinkies got screwed, left, right, centre, top, bottom by Familee. In this case, Familee did screw Sinkies.

Familee invested in Alibaba only after Temasick took the first steps (that's what the little bird from the West told me.)

Sounds like corruption. Insider information

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

That is not really a big secret. The Familee have been making parallel investments in whatever GIC and Temasek buys for decades now. That is the reason why these 2 Sovereign wealth funds are forever overpaying. eg. If Temasek wants to make a substantial investment in a publicly traded company, all Whore Jinx has to do is to tip off hubby who will tip off brother Hsien Yang who runs the family trust. Hsien Yang then buys XYZ company, and waits 2 weeks later for the official announcement that Temasek will invest in the same company. Of course after the Temasek announcement, the shares prices higher by 10-15% or more, not bad for a couple of months work. That is why you will see Temasek sink even more money into investment that are tanking because they need to buy time for Familee to get out by shoring the stock price temporarily.

In the Alibaba case, only selected companies were invited in 2012 to buy preferred shares. Temasek and GIC did so. I am not sure how much of the USD$1.7 billion they bought. The other buyers were fund managers, so I am guessing that Familee parked money with. Later on the preferred shares can be converted to common shares and make out like bandits after the IPO.