• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Breakdown at Changi airport. Welcome to S'pore!

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe preventive maintenance (PM) is done in most companies with equipments, the question is whether they are done properly or just signature on the PM sticker...SG style is only action when something happen otherwise live with it...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
even the busy newark airport (ewr) had to shut down the whole airtrain system once in a while. this time, it was for 75 days! i was there this year and had to take the bus to the rental car station. sinkies just have to shut up and put up with occasional inconveniences. :rolleyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...k-liberty-airport-monorail-shut-down/7504847/

What are you? Fucking stupid? Did the Governor of New Jersey and his department heads claim that they were the best in the world and therefore should be paid the highest multimillion $ salaries? he didn't and he is paid a fraction of what PAP ministers earn. Therefore when EWR airtrain shut down, you can say u pay peanuts and u get monkey performance. However, when the Skytrain shuts down in singapore, this is cannot be compared to New jersey, because our ministers are supposed to be the best in the world as evidenced by their salary. it should not be happening. when you pay for a Rolls Royce, you don't expect to get a Proton performance. Is that too complicated for you to comprehend?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even the busy newark airport (ewr) had to shut down the whole airtrain system once in a while. this time, it was for 75 days! i was there this year and had to take the bus to the rental car station. sinkies just have to shut up and put up with occasional inconveniences. :rolleyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...k-liberty-airport-monorail-shut-down/7504847/

Plan shutdown >> mean no passenger get stuck. There will be other plan>> eg. temp. bus taking over.
Breakdown is serious.
Can you check dictionary what is breakdown/maintenance???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe preventive maintenance (PM) is done in most companies with equipments, the question is whether they are done properly or just signature on the PM sticker...SG style is only action when something happen otherwise live with it...

You would think that preventive maintenance is obvious but don't assume that GLCs are run rationally.
Take for example SMRT. While ridership increased through the years, maintenance spending did not increase.

The motive was obviously to save $ so that management & shareholders could be rewarded.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are you? Fucking stupid? Did the Governor of New Jersey and his department heads claim that they were the best in the world and therefore should be paid the highest multimillion $ salaries? he didn't and he is paid a fraction of what PAP ministers earn. Therefore when EWR airtrain shut down, you can say u pay peanuts and u get monkey performance. However, when the Skytrain shuts down in singapore, this is cannot be compared to New jersey, because our ministers are supposed to be the best in the world as evidenced by their salary. it should not be happening. when you pay for a Rolls Royce, you don't expect to get a Proton performance. Is that too complicated for you to comprehend?

are you a moron or a retard? the governor of new jersey doesn't run the port authority of new york and new jersey (panynj). it's run independently from both states by a board of directors who pay themselves millions in compensation and bonuses, and they continue to suck money from commuters and passengers from both new york and new jersey, who have little to no choice but to use the panynj ports, trains, subways, toll bridges, toll tunnels, and services. this is both new york's and new jersey's unfortunate tormentor-victim relationship with the panynj that they can never get out of. it's the real modern day highway robbery, and both states and cities cannot ignore.

here's the link to the unionized employees' list and pay that is unheard of in the transportation and ports (including bridges and tunnels) industry.

http://www.panynj.gov/corporate-information/employee-payroll-information-2014.cfm

what is not reflected on the employees' payroll is the atrocious compensation and bonuses the board pays it's own directors, who have greater power, longer tenure, and little to no accountability to residents (because they don't get voted in like governors and mayors do). even the mayor of jersey city is suing them for not paying enough taxes to the city after jacking up toll and using the city's underground for their own subway commute system, the path system connecting under the hudson between nyc and jersey city.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/13/jersey-city-mayor-to-sue-port-authority/

if you wish to debate with me about ny and nj, you have picked the wrong person. i know ny and nj like they are on the back of my hand. :biggrin:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plan shutdown >> mean no passenger get stuck. There will be other plan>> eg. temp. bus taking over.
Breakdown is serious.
Can you check dictionary what is breakdown/maintenance???

have you ever heard of "maintenance" or a "planned shutdown" for 75 days? in panynj's dictionary, it's pr-speak for systemic breakdown or severe flaws with the system that can cause safety and service issues. if you have zero clue about the panynj and their history and antics, please refrain from debating. it just makes you foolish and ignorant. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this case it is not a he or she as this kind of operation is invariably run by some big group or agency eg CIAS who may then contract out the maintenance.

In many cases, outsourcing not only cuts costs, but also outsources the blame when things go wrong. It's the fault of the contractor/vendor, so contact them, not my business. :cool:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In many cases, outsourcing not only cuts costs, but also outsources the blame when things go wrong. It's the fault of the contractor/vendor, so contact them, not my business. :cool:

Outsourcing can also be abused to get kopi money from prospective contractors.

Of course everyone knows that there is no corruption in Spore:wink:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unfortunately so for the consumer who always loses out.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
are you a moron or a retard? the governor of new jersey doesn't run the port authority of new york and new jersey (panynj). it's run independently from both states by a board of directors who pay themselves millions in compensation and bonuses, and they continue to suck money from commuters and passengers from both new york and new jersey, who have little to no choice but to use the panynj ports, trains, subways, toll bridges, toll tunnels, and services. this is both new york's and new jersey's unfortunate tormentor-victim relationship with the panynj that they can never get out of. it's the real modern day highway robbery, and both states and cities cannot ignore.

here's the link to the unionized employees' list and pay that is unheard of in the transportation and ports (including bridges and tunnels) industry.

http://www.panynj.gov/corporate-information/employee-payroll-information-2014.cfm

what is not reflected on the employees' payroll is the atrocious compensation and bonuses the board pays it's own directors, who have greater power, longer tenure, and little to no accountability to residents (because they don't get voted in like governors and mayors do). even the mayor of jersey city is suing them for not paying enough taxes to the city after jacking up toll and using the city's underground for their own subway commute system, the path system connecting under the hudson between nyc and jersey city.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/13/jersey-city-mayor-to-sue-port-authority/

if you wish to debate with me about ny and nj, you have picked the wrong person. i know ny and nj like they are on the back of my hand. :biggrin:

I don't know whether you are just plain lying or full of shit. U are right in that I have picked the wrong person for this debate on NY and NJ.It seems that I am debating with an intellectual lightweight. Quite dissappointing actually.

You said:

the governor of new jersey doesn't run the port authority of new york and new jersey (panynj). it's run independently from both states by a board of directors who pay themselves millions in compensation and bonuses, and they continue to suck money from commuters and passengers from both new york and new jersey,

Firstly, there is no Board of Directors in the PANYNJ. There is a Board of Commissioners. The governors of NJ and NY appoint 6 commissioners each to the board of commissioners for 6 year periods but they work for FREE. Therefore, the Governors of New Jersey and New York directly influence the running of the PANYNJ. Unlike singapore, there is actually a voracious free press in NYC and the US. Any commissioners paying themselves millions $ in compensation and bonuses will be sniffed out and hounded by the press right away, and the Governor who appointed this commissioner will face a hell storm at the next elections. But its explicitly stated that they receive no pay. So, I don't know where you get this fantasy of million $ compensations from. As further proof, I am attaching the link to their website.

Governance

The governor of each state appoints six members of the agency's Board of Commissioners, subject to state senate approval. Commissioners serve as public officials without pay for overlapping six-year terms. The governors retain the right to veto the actions of the Commissioners from his or her own state. Board meetings are public.

An Executive Director, appointed by the Board of Commissioners, is responsible for managing the operation of the Port Authority in a manner consistent with the agency's policies, as established by the Board.

The Port Authority undertakes projects and activities in accordance with the Port Compact in 1921, and amendatory and supplemental legislation.

http://www.panynj.gov/corporate-information/governance.html

The board of commissioners in turn appoint the Executive Director of the PANYNJ, this is the position equivalent to SMRT CEO BG Desmond Kuek. The difference ends here, because the Executive Director of PANYNJ gets paid USD$289,667 (http://www.panynj.gov/corporate-information/employee-payroll-information-2014.cfm) while BG Desmond gets paid at least SGD$1.82 million in total compensation (approximately equivalent to USD$1.428 million) or almost 5 times what the PANYNJ guy gets. Not to mention that the scope of the job forthe ED for PANYNJ is much wider than Desmond. While Desmond is only responsible for the MRT train operations, and some retail division, the ED for PANYNJ is responsible for servicing 18 million people and includes overseeing airports, container and shippping ports as well as light and heavy rail.

SO therefore, when someone who gets paid 1/5 of what Desmond gets paid, and has much more responsibility that Desmond, has some maintenance issues on his EWR Airtrain line, I get it and I understand it. But when Desmond has breakdowns in the Changi airport Skytrain, its not excusable because his high pay is suppose to get the top person available and therefore, should have eliminated all of this. When you compare the 2, u are really making yourself out to be the idiot that you are.

By the way, I was posted to White Plains for a period of time and commuted from the North Bronx there everyday. U are not the only one that live in the New York area. If this is the best you can do, better go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SO therefore, when someone who gets paid 1/5 of what Desmond gets paid, and has much more responsibility that Desmond, has some maintenance issues on his EWR Airtrain line, I get it and I understand it. But when Desmond has breakdowns in the Changi airport Skytrain, its not excusable because his high pay is suppose to get the top person available and therefore, should have eliminated all of this. When you compare the 2, u are really making yourself out to be the idiot that you are.

since when skytrain is part of smrt? you must be a pretty smart(arse) to know that the skytrain is free, and it exclusively serves changi airport. very smart indeed. :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP govt just cant wait till they get to town to show the visitors how cock up our transport systems are.