• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

80% of young singaporeans have little to no savings

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i tried to save some money every month end. but after deducting out my car loan, entertainment expenses and parents allowance.there is no much money left.
how to save? all thanks to garment, make everything so expensive!
:oIo::kma:

You can save by earning more money.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
how to earn more money? i am non graduated.

By improving your language skills, by networking and by looking for money making opportunities.

Bill Gates didn't graduate either but that didn't stop him from becoming the world's richest man.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll vote for the party that will make a huge dome covering all over Singapore and put this tropical island in air-conditioning. Bloody weather.

You can camp out at gardens by the bay, $70 annual membership only. U might even bump into me there surfing sbf in the cool comforts of the dome :biggrin:

$70 includes 2 hr free parking some more!

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australian weather is far worse. I should know I had to put up with 45℃ summers on a regular basis.

Where I am in Australia, summer of 30-40 plus degrees is less than 2 months a year. so, that's not considered regular basis. As sinkies, 30 plus degrees is not an issue as that's sinkieland regular weather. Over 40 degrees in my state is less than 20 days a year for sure.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the time I was 21, I had already saved $15,000. I started giving private tuition to primary school kids when I was 15 and continued through university.

Top local pimps must have been your ex students! :oIo:

Savings not enough to Pay And Pay! :oIo:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The OP is so out of touch with reality. In any case, he is living of the family and thus doesn't have a clue on financial struggles.
When median takehome pay is $1700, there is little left to save.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll vote for the party that will make a huge dome covering all over Singapore and put this tropical island in air-conditioning. Bloody weather.

actually not so need.
just a giant dehumiditfier will do the trick
when humid is dryer, we feel cooler

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How can you compare that with our wonderful PAP?

I've retired. Fishing is now more important to me. If I was 20 years younger I'd spend all my time in wonderful Singapore. It's the best place on earth (thanks to the PAP of course) if you want to make a success of your life.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the time I was 21, I had already saved $15,000. I started giving private tuition to primary school kids when I was 15 and continued through university.

When I was 21 , I had $2k more than you i.e. $17k but that was an insurance payout after a road traffic accident.
Sadly now you have millions whereas I don't have, this is unfair :o

Caterpillar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Read somewhere tuition as a career could fetch S$120,000 a year now a days if work hard of course. If one is wise and frugal, saving $80,000 should not be a problem.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read somewhere tuition as a career could fetch S$120,000 a year now a days if work hard of course. If one is wise and frugal, saving $80,000 should not be a problem.

shh.
the gov will want a pie of it..if it is a lucrative business.
soon,private tuition tutor also need to go course like acupuncturist, masseur , barber, cleaners, sweeper, hawkers.