• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT defends staff's actions during Lakeside MRT station overcrowding incident

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT defends staff's actions during Lakeside MRT station overcrowding incident

By Feng Zengkun

SINGAPORE - Train operator SMRT has defended its staff's actions on Tuesday when the Lakeside MRT station platform on the East West Line was overcrowded due to train delays.
A commuter had taken a video of people pouring onto the packed platform and jostling others when they came up on the escalator. The commuter said announcements had been made about train delays on the line but claimed SMRT ground staff did not tell people to stop using the escalator.
When asked, SMRT vice president of corporate information and communications Patrick Nathan said staff at Lakeside were deployed to stop commuters from using the escalator, and they also helped to disperse and manage people at the platform.
"While the video shows that there was bunching up of commuters at the top of the escalator, it also shows station staff stopping more commuters from getting onto the escalator, and the escalator was stopped shortly after," he said.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the idiots missed the point completely.

WHY WAS THERE SUCH A JAM UP IN THE FIRST PLACE?

need million dollar salary to comprehend that question?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
the idiots missed the point completely.

WHY WAS THERE SUCH A JAM UP IN THE FIRST PLACE?

need million dollar salary to comprehend that question?

Patrick nathan, the talented PAP apuneh already has a million $ salary, and all he can come up with is this lame shit excuse?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am surprised that they spoke up for their staff but remember the shitty welfare they gave to their bus drivers years ago?:rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Based on that video Singapore looks like a real shit hole of a place. Why anyone wants to live there is beyond me. :rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cos' we are humans, we have feelings towards pap and our country. no matter how squeezy and uncomfortable it can get, we still possess the touchy feely emotion towards our beloved s'pore.

Based on that video Singapore looks like a real shit hole of a place. Why anyone wants to live there is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, i think we can accomodate 10 million. We just need to hire more experienced shepards from nz to herd the sheeple into the train..