• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fas: The national stadium’s $833,000 grass is still not up to standard

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Even NZ All Blacks Rugby team cancel match due to National Stadium shit grass

Look on the bright side.

By a twist of fate we now have the world's largest indoor beach volleyball venue.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore sports hub cancels my mariah carey concert without telling me why

[h=1]SINGAPORE SPORTS HUB CANCELS MY MARIAH CAREY CONCERT WITHOUT TELLING ME WHY[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
23 Oct 2014 - 12:59pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

I HAVE supported and participated in various activities held at the Sports Hub since its opening.

I booked tickets to watch the Stefanie Sun concert in July, and found out that some people booked tickets much later than I did and at lower prices, yet got better seats. I gave feedback to the ticketing agent, which acknowledged the problem.

My experience with booking tickets for the Mariah Carey concert on Friday was even worse. There was a problem with the Sports Hub's ticketing platform, so I had to call an agent to book the tickets for me.

Then, just days before the concert, the ticketing agent told me there was a change in the seating configuration and my seats were no longer available.

No explanation was given and I later found out from news reports that it was because the stage had to be re-positioned to avoid further damage to the pitch ahead of the Suzuki Cup.

This is akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul. To solve the pitch problem, the Sports Hub management created another issue for fans of Mariah Carey and Jay Chou (his concert was postponed).

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

A new block of seats was set up and I was given an option of being "nearer to the stage", though in reality the seats were too far to the side. I rejected the offer and had to consider a second tier of seats farther away from the stage.

The Sports Hub management does not seem to know how a world-class facility should be run.

​Tan Chin Aik
*Article first appeared on ST Forums (23 Oct 2014)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Singapore sports hub cancels my mariah carey concert without telling me why

Anyone who goes to a Stephanie Sun concert must have a screw loose.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone who goes to a Stephanie Sun concert must have a screw loose.

Point duly noted. There are many basket cases in Sinkieland. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;GHQ8GsscYVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHQ8GsscYVI[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

19288830.JPG

18384282.JPG

:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
FIFA std grass pitch costs only $283K in expensive Canada, but $2.3 mil in S'pore?

Why does the National Stadium shit pitch cost $800k, and was so fucked up, they had to buy another $1.5 million in heating lamps to try and grow it and fix it and yet a FIFA certified grass pitch in vancouver Canada cost only Cdn$250K (SGD$283K) to put in? This whole grass fiasco smells of corruption to me. Its obvious that even for a high cost country like Canada, the price is only 12.3% of what the SSC and the Sports Ministry paid for the field!! Why is Vivian still a Minister with his track record of over budget and over priced sporting events? Its safe to say that if Vancouver paid $283K for a FIFA approved pitch, than the North American price for a quality pitch must be around the same. How can the PAP approve a pitch that cost 8 times that in a much lower cost country like ours? CPIB is strangely silent on this too.

Vancouver Green Party demands real grass for 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup

If artificial turf isn’t good enough for men, it shouldn’t be good enough for women.

Green Party Coun. Adriane Carr wants the city to demand a natural grass field at B.C. Place – or buy its own – to “level the playing field” in time for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup games next summer, according to a motion she will propose at council next week.

Despite the fact that FIFA has never hosted a men’s World Cup tournament on fake grass – some teams refuse to play on it as it poses a greater risk for injuries – the soccer organization has no plans to put in real grass for the women’s tournament at the stadium with artificial turf where the Whitecaps play.

“I believe it’s critical that Vancouver provides natural grass, not artificial turf, as a point of safety and equity for women players,” Carr said in a statement. “It’s such a double standard that men are not asked to play on artificial turf because it’s known to have a higher risk for injuries are health issues, but women are.”

If the stadium’s owners (the province and B.C. Pavilion Corporation) refuse to shell out the cash, Carr wants the city to spend $250,000 of its own money on the field, which will host seven matches during the tournament.

Objections to the artificial turf prompted more than a dozen elite female soccer players, including superstars from Brazil, Germany and the U.S., to file a gender discrimination lawsuit against FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association in the Human Rights Tribunal Court of Ontario. The lawsuit filed in September states the fake grass “devalues the player’s dignity, state of mind and self-respect by requiring them to play on a second class surface.”

Negative press around the artificial turf could jeopardize the reputation for world-class sporting facilities Vancouver developed for the 2010 Winter Olympics, Carr’s motion states.

Carr suggested using money from the emerging priorities section of the 2015-2018 capital plan to pay for the upgrade and attempt to re-use the grass at local schools after the tournament ends.

But her motion might not get the necessary support from Vision Vancouver.

Mayor Gregor Robertson said it’s up to the province to deal with the surface at B.C. Place, adding the city will “see what happens” with the lawsuit.

“I think we’ve had a good working surface there, the Whitecaps play on it, and it’s currently what’s approved by FIFA,” Robertson told reporters at an event Tuesday.

Last edited:

swimorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FIFA std grass pitch costs only $283K in expensive Canada, but $2.3 mil in S'pore

Sinkie carrot heads got hustled again is the only explanation.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: FIFA std grass pitch costs only $283K in expensive Canada, but $2.3 mil in S'pore

Sinkie carrot heads got hustled again is the only explanation.

Hustled also don't kenna con until like that mah. Probably a bunch of people at SSC and other orgs stick their hands out for bribes, and end up the grass company got to mark up the price to the taxpayer to make some money.

swimorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hustled also don't kenna con until like that mah. Probably a bunch of people at SSC and other orgs stick their hands out for bribes, and end up the grass company got to mark up the price to the taxpayer to make some money.

Mio also got hustled for the rights to televise soccer and we are the suckers that got to pay world record prices to watch. I definitely boycott.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mio also got hustled for the rights to televise soccer and we are the suckers that got to pay world record prices to watch. I definitely boycott.

Buy a BLACK BOX from China.

You will appreciate them more or you can buy a VPN.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it'll be a real huat - if and when heads start to roll :mad:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If we had a free press this would be all over the papers demanding an explanation

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just like the price of HDB flats vs actual building costs: if you don't inflate the prices how are you going to feed your cronies and doggies? :wink:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone who goes to a Mariah Carey concert must have loosen his screw.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vivian must be a devoted husband - constantly splurging on his gold digger bitch wife. It can't be helped that his spendthrift habits get carried over to his various projects in his career.

YOG - Sports Hub... what's next? Stay tuned! :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are plenty of free streaming sites on the Internet. The quality is good and you don't need to download or install anything.

Some telco things are unavoidable e.g. mobile phone plans but pay tv is definitely avoidable.

Vote with your wallet and starve the beast.