• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$8 Msian Cow: If Ang Moh Countries Walk & Cycle to Work, Why Can't You Stinkees?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From someone who is paid by the millions, chauffeured around in aircon comfort and only needs to pay $8 for surgery!

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/cyclings-way-short-trips-khaw-20141023

Published on Oct 23, 2014
[h=2]Cycling's the way for short trips: Khaw[/h]

DAVID EE

CYCLING should not be just a recreational pursuit, but also a viable transport option for short trips around Singapore, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan yesterday.

He wrote on his blog that the Government wants Singaporeans to be able to cycle "to the supermarket, coffee shop, hawker centre or the nearest MRT station".

"To do so, we must make such trips safe and pleasant," he said. "Cities are increasingly finding it important to make themselves friendly to pedestrians and cyclists."

Mr Khaw noted that Singapore is lagging "way behind" cities such as Amsterdam and Copenhagen, where cycling is part of the "normal way of life".

He praised both European capitals as good examples of cities with "active mobility", where walking and cycling make up over half of all modes of transport.

In contrast, cycling makes up just 1 per cent to 2 per cent of transport modes here, he noted.

Singapore's National Cycling Plan envisions a 700km cycling network by 2030, within, as well as between neighbourhoods.

By next year, 100km of cycling paths will be built in Yishun, Punggol and Bedok. Eventually, said Mr Khaw, all 26 Housing Board towns will have cycling paths connecting homes to neighbourhood centres and MRT stations.

Singapore is also exploring bicycle-sharing schemes and increasing safe-cycling education initiatives, such as the Safe Cycling Programme for Youth for secondary-school students.

Mr Khaw said Singapore has always embraced active mobility, with its extensive Park Connector Network (PCN), pavements and sheltered walkways being examples of this.

He said the PCN lets people walk, jog or cycle safely, close to greenery. The city itself is "quite walkable", he added.

When contacted, Francis Chu, co-founder of cycling group LoveCyclingSg, saidmore cyclists are keen to use their bicycles for short, daily commutes.

But roads in town centres can be unsafe and intimidating for inexperienced riders, he said.

As for non-cyclists such as motorists, it may be difficult to motivate them to switch to bicycles, as driving often gets them to their destinations faster, he said.

"But with improvement of the cycling network, more and more people will start to consider cycling as a serious mode of transport."

[email protected]

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Have he considered the weather, humidity, haze, lack of parking space for bikes, etc...

Is he finding a way out for MRT?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the heat, humidity and haze in office wear??? What are you smoking?

Hello, you stupid or what? Cycle to nearest MRT station in the cool mornings or evening, no one is asking you to cycle all the way to work.

I do that sometimes to leave the car at home and get some exercise, in office wear too, I practise what I preach.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CYCLING should not be just a recreational pursuit, but also a viable transport option for short trips around Singapore, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan yesterday.

Now that your 'world class' public transport system is all choked up from overcrowding, you're trying to persuade some people to cycle to work. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When Penang Cowdung and his fellow Ministers bicycle to work, than he can preach to us. The example he use of Amsterdam, well guess what, the Dutch Prime Minister bicycles to work. I challenge any PAP shit minister to do the same. I keep telling people, the PAP are not the smartest assholes in the room. Or they would have check their story first and not get embarassed by PAPsmearer.

Dutch Prime Minister Rides... What Else? A Bicycle to Work

For those who may not know, Netherlands is an economic powerhouse ranked 16th in the world in terms of GDP. By all standards the country is rich YET the prime minister is NEVER driven in convoys.

In a shot video by the Dutch national Broadcaster, Prime Minister Rutte is seen arriving at his office and later in the evening going home on a bicycle. In the video the premier seen getting help to fix a minor technical hitch in his black mamba bicycle.

In 2012, the Prime Minister Mark Rutte shocked the Iranian delegation when he arrived at work with a bicycle. Later the head of Iranian the police Sardar Esmail Ahmadi Moghadam, who was in the delegation told a local TV in Tehran how the Iranian delegation were ashamed when they saw a minister of a European country driving to his office on bicycle .

http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=32625

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why sinkies keep electing these people who insult them?

Why didnt compare sinkieland with ang moh land with pensions for the aged?

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He must lead by example and not just talk cock.
Let him be the first minitoot to cycle to work then come and talk.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
next the msia cow be suggesting we perform medical surgery on ourselves like Rambo,because in the jungle there may not be a fully stocked hospital with full medical staff on standby,99% of all surgery in the jungle is performed without doctor supervision.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
could have sworn you were a hypocrite from the taoist thread :rolleyes:

post a pic of yourself (with face blurred) on a bicycle in your office wear at the MRT station and holding a sign "i practice what i preach" and we will all believe you.

till then, you're just full of shit.

Hello, you stupid or what? Cycle to nearest MRT station in the cool mornings or evening, no one is asking you to cycle all the way to work.

I do that sometimes to leave the car at home and get some exercise, in office wear too, I practise what I preach.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

post a pic of yourself (with face blurred) on a bicycle in your office wear at the MRT station and holding a sign "i practice what i preach" and we will all believe you.

For you? Ain't gonna happen dude. Don't believe then done, I don't owe anybody any proof.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually I believe him.
He has a nickname 'petrol warrior' :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my kind of bicycle for short rides to the new berryessa bart station.

image.jpg