• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tigerairway Rights issue: Does it make sense to buy?.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore, 17 October 2014. Tiger Airways Holdings Limited (the “Company” or “Tiger Airways”) wishes to announce that it is proposing to undertake a renounceable non-underwritten rights issue (the “Rights Issue”) to the Entitled Shareholders (as defined herein) to raise gross proceeds of up to approximately S$234 million.
Pursuant to the Rights Issue, up to 1,169,842,3891 new ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (the “Rights Shares”) are proposed to be issued at an issue price of S$0.20 for each Rights Share (the “Issue Price”) on the basis of 85 Rights Shares for every 100 existing ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (the “Shares”) held by shareholders of the Company (the “Shareholders”) as at a date and time to be determined by the directors of the Company (the “Directors”) for the purpose of determining the Shareholders’ entitlements under the Rights Issue (the “Record Date”), fractional entitlements to be disregarded.
The Issue Price represents a discount of approximately 39 per cent. to the one-day volume weighted average price (“VWAP”) on 16 October 2014, being the date preceding the date of this announcement, of S$0.328 per Share, and a discount of approximately 26 per cent. to the theoretical ex-rights price2 (“TERP”) of S$0.269 per Share.

Just saw today tigerairway prices, is already below the ex rights price at 0.265.
Does it make sense to subscribe?. Since already losing money.
It not, will face dilution in one's holding.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are making last attempt to rake in money, if not, like what you say, dilute...anyway, SIA already step in to control. i think maybe good for a while.

Singapore, 17 October 2014. Tiger Airways Holdings Limited (the “Company” or “Tiger Airways”) wishes to announce that it is proposing to undertake a renounceable non-underwritten rights issue (the “Rights Issue”) to the Entitled Shareholders (as defined herein) to raise gross proceeds of up to approximately S$234 million.
Pursuant to the Rights Issue, up to 1,169,842,3891 new ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (the “Rights Shares”) are proposed to be issued at an issue price of S$0.20 for each Rights Share (the “Issue Price”) on the basis of 85 Rights Shares for every 100 existing ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (the “Shares”) held by shareholders of the Company (the “Shareholders”) as at a date and time to be determined by the directors of the Company (the “Directors”) for the purpose of determining the Shareholders’ entitlements under the Rights Issue (the “Record Date”), fractional entitlements to be disregarded.
The Issue Price represents a discount of approximately 39 per cent. to the one-day volume weighted average price (“VWAP”) on 16 October 2014, being the date preceding the date of this announcement, of S$0.328 per Share, and a discount of approximately 26 per cent. to the theoretical ex-rights price2 (“TERP”) of S$0.269 per Share.

Just saw today tigerairway prices, is already below the ex rights price at 0.265.
Does it make sense to subscribe?. Since already losing money.
It not, will face dilution in one's holding.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck off u estupido company!!!!u want take our millions so u can give away $10 airline seats to shitskins to come to our country????

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if ho ching make the decision to open her wallet and buy then i will buy.....otherwise this is worth less than a plane carrying a full load of shitskins lieing at the bottom of indian ocean.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop giving your money to GLCs and their subsidiaries. That includes being their customers or purchasing their shares.

Of course, some things are unavoidable e.g. telcos and public transport, but you can keep your expenditure to a minimum, and you can definitely avoid airlines.

Starve the beast and don't feed it.

whybornme

Alfrescian
Loyal
it was stupid in the first place to buy tiger shares, might as well carry on being stupid and buy their rights.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now that Tigerair is floundering, it is attempting to entice suckers to bail it out. :rolleyes:

Any tangible business plan for the next 12 months? 18 months? Nope. Just the same old bullshit, run by the same bunch of nincompoops.

Please don't be a gong kia. Give your money to charity if you think you have too much of it.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it was stupid in the first place to buy tiger shares, might as well carry on being stupid and buy their rights.

The best time to buy is now when everyone does not want the shares and rights. It is not likely that Tiger will go bust since SIA is so confident as to undertake to mop up all the rights that are not taken. Tiger may not be in the black for some time to come but if you dare to hold then making some money is possible. I just managed to get some shares at 0.265 this morning and I will take the rights. If I happen to lose , well thats part of the game but I fancy my punt even though it may take some time to pay dividends.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best time to buy is now when everyone does not want the shares and rights. It is not likely that Tiger will go bust since SIA is so confident as to undertake to mop up all the rights that are not taken. Tiger may not be in the black for some time to come but if you dare to hold then making some money is possible. I just managed to get some shares at 0.265 this morning and I will take the rights. If I happen to lose , well thats part of the game but I fancy my punt even though it may take some time to pay dividends.

If Sia is losing money,how u expect tiger to be making money?if tiger is backed by a strong,healthy profitable company there might still be a chance but its parent company is not even making money.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Sia is losing money,how u expect tiger to be making money?if tiger is backed by a strong,healthy profitable company there might still be a chance but its parent company is not even making money.

Things seem to be looking up for SIA . Their loads have picked up a little and the fuel prices have come down quite a lot. People are still throwing down SIA shares but SIA has been buying back its shares just like SATS, OCBC and to a smaller extent SembCorp. They may know that their shares are cheap hence their buybacks.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never be greedy and worship money, they may ended up betraying you!!!

Trust in our Lord Jesus Christ!!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In less than 2 weeks, it has gone from 0.328 to 0.265, or almost 20% drop.
Maybe wait for another 2 weeks, you can pick it up at S$0.2:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tiger air is a mistake from Day one. Scoot is also another one.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In less than 2 weeks, it has gone from 0.328 to 0.265, or almost 20% drop.
Maybe wait for another 2 weeks, you can pick it up at S$0.2:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I do not think it will go below the theoretical ex-rights price of just under 0.27 cents. Anyway committed already so lets see how .