• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

40% Increase in Egg Prices Since September. Effect of Causeway Toll Hike by FAP?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]EGG PRICES RISES AGAIN, SOME SUPERMARKETS RAISE PRICES 40% SINCE SEPTEMBER[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
21 Oct 2014 - 9:44am

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

The price of fresh eggs in Singapore have risen sharply over the last few weeks as several farms in Malaysia have been suspended from exporting eggs to Singapore.

In the last 6 months, three different farms have been stopped from sending their eggs to Singapore and while the three farms only make up about 8% of Singapore’s supply of eggs, supermarkets here are raising prices significantly to make up for the shortfall.

The most recent suspension was the Charoen Pokphand Jaya farm which had its eggs suspended from export to Singapore because they had Salmonella Enteritidis in them. This is a bacteria which causes food poisoning. The two other farms were Chong Ne Nam which was suspended in March and Teo Seng Farm which was suspended in July.
None of the three farms have been approved for resume exports to Singapore.

At Sheng Siong, a box of 30 eggs has risen to $5.95 a box, back in September it was only $4.30. That’s almost a 40% rise in just 1 month.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Over at NTUC Fairprice, eggs have seen a slightly smaller increase going up to 5c to 20c a box. FairPrice explained that the total increase has been about 12% for eggs at their supermarkets.

Giant Supermarket have also increased their egg prices up to 7%.

Currently there are 20 farms in Malaysia which are approved by AVA to export to Singapore. These make up about three quarters of the 1.68 billion eggs consumed in Singapore last year. The other quarter is produced in Singapore.

Other factors pushing prices up include the higher demand thanks to festivities this month. Prices are not likely to go down again at least until after the Deepavali celebrations.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come to oz. 1 dozen eggs costs $5 or so ($6.50 sing)

how much do u make in oz?assuming a Oz mcdonalds worker earn $16 an hour he can afford 3 dozen eggs in one hour.in sg mickeydees earn $5.50 an hour he can only afford 1 dozen eggs an hour.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
8% impact but price increase of 40% = plain profiteering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to PAPigs

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come to oz. 1 dozen eggs costs $5 or so ($6.50 sing)

In Toronto, when eggs are on sale, it is about Cdn$2 a dozen, otherwise, depending on the brand, a dozen of large eggs is about $2.50 to $4.00.
At a farmer's market, Friday's eggs are sold at $4.50 a dozen on Saturday.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time my back yard got chickens and we have free eggs. Na Beh Chee Bye PAP! :oIo:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time my back yard got chickens and we have free eggs. Na Beh Chee Bye PAP! :oIo:

Now you cannot rear chickens... AVA will fine you until have no money to buy food. :wink:

One step forward, two steps back. 50 years of 'progress'. Thank you PAP. :rolleyes:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Toronto, when eggs are on sale, it is about Cdn$2 a dozen, otherwise, depending on the brand, a dozen of large eggs is about $2.50 to $4.00.
At a farmer's market, Friday's eggs are sold at $4.50 a dozen on Saturday.

That's really cheap.
I got mine at 10 bucks for 30 eggs in aust.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
luituckye_zps686a2bb3.jpg

Everybody thanks this type of fuckwits in the pap.........

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I buy the organic eggs that are shipped from NZ. NTUC is selling them at $10.50 for 10.
I have also noticed that the yolks are darker than the cheaper brands.

Organic feed vs free range chicken eggs.......the latter are quite exceptional..... a true egg taste......

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ones I got have dark orange egg yolk. The ones I have in sg is yellow yolk.

The eggs from hens fed with flax seeds are referred in Toronto stores as "Omega Eggs" (the omega 3 and/or 6 from the flax seeds) have a orange yolks, rather than yellow yolks.
Omega eggs are about Cdn$5 to $5.69 a dozen, when not on sale.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thailand the supermarkets have free range eggs. Have never tried free range eggs. Maybe I should buy some?

In Toronto, there are eggs from free range chickens, organic eggs, etc.
I believe that such eggs are also available in most other countries.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thailand the supermarkets have free range eggs. Have never tried free range eggs. Maybe I should buy some?

In Toronto, there are eggs from free range chickens, organic eggs, etc.
I believe that such eggs are also available in most other countries.