• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let's be fair, some people do want to work after retirement.

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
A recent survey conducted seems to portray a different image altogether on retirement and shed a new light on the issue. Seems like more seniors are willing to work even after retirement. What do you think?

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/why-do-the-elderly-still-want-to-work/

"The Council for Third Age commissioned a survey to the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) to understand this further.

They found most elderly people in Singapore are keen to continue working after retirement. The survey covered more than 2,000 people between the ages of 50 and 74.

90 per cent of respondents felt that working after retirement is a good way to stay financially independent, stay connected with society and offers the elderly a sense of self-worth."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Isn't this an oxymoron? If you are working regardless of your age, U ARE NOT RETIRED. where got such thing as working after retirement?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
U retire from all work or you don't. where got official and unofficial? Don't be stupid.

Hello! You retarded or what? official retirement age refers to the age where one is considered offically retired by the Govt or society, for simplicity we say "retirement", it is not refering to the state of retirement from work, bodoh.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck the term retirement age lah. It is up to individual when they want to or can retire. for someone at 70 or 80 with no money, sell backside also must work mah.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After retirement means after official retirement age, dun be so anal.

i agree with papsmear.....wtf is after official retirement age lol?nothing but a arbitrary number made up by some bullshyt government.its either ur fucking retired or not.

official retirement age....wtf u mean its something encoded in our DNA,automatically after a certain age ur body goes into retirement mode like puberty?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever asset you have upon retirement, sell if off, apply Malaysia my 2nd home, buy a house in iskandar, you get to buy one imported car tax free plus deposit some money in local banks. Use the tax free car to drive in Singapore. I think you already save a fortune.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i agree with papsmear.....wtf is after official retirement age lol?nothing but a arbitrary number made up by some bullshyt government.its either ur fucking retired or not.

official retirement age....wtf u mean its something encoded in our DNA,automatically after a certain age ur body goes into retirement mode like puberty?

Tonychat just shut the fuck up.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
90 per cent of respondents felt that working after retirement is a good way to stay financially independent, stay connected with society and offers the elderly a sense of self-worth."

I think we're truly fucked. You go into retirement mode only when you are fully financially independent! If your reservoir of wealth runs into risks of running dry, you don't go into retirement mode at all.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think we're truly fucked. You go into retirement mode only when you are fully financially independent! If your reservoir of wealth runs into risks of running dry, you don't go into retirement mode at all.
Sorry, that is not the idea of retirement from the old uncles and aunties. Their definition of retirement is "I am old enough already, someone else has to provide for me." In the past, it is their children. With changes to society, most of their children can't even take care of themselves. So as a consolation, they declare to the world that they prefer to work forever.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Sorry, that is not the idea of retirement from the old uncles and aunties.

Not wanting to burden their kids is only part of the reason, didn't want to appear as needy and being self reliant is the crux, 死要面子 :o:o:o

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

French underwear it is for administering certain benefits as well, if you do not have an official retirement age then how to let you have retirement benefits? Really gong to the max.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
French underwear, it is for administering certain benefits as well, if you do not have an official retirement age then how to let you have retirement benefits? Really gong to the max.

And yes it is encoded in your dna, once you reach that age, like puberty in reverse, your body becomes very tired and weak, and due for long rest. Again another going to the max example from you.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not wanting to burden their kids is only part of the reason, didn't want to appear as needy and being self reliant is the crux, 死要面子 :o:o:o

Fully agreed. Actually it is this same factor "die also want face" that created all the problems. While in their prime, this cause them to match whatever their peers have; going for holidays that they can ill afford, renovating their house beyond their means, driving a car that wipe out whatever balance they have left ....

Finally, when they are old, their last face saving grace, "actually I only work to keep myself mentally alert lah!"