• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This ah neh said Sri Lanka is cleaner than SG

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Not yet a gracious society[/h][h=2][/h]
I AGREE with writer Ng Sung Nang ("Singapore lagging behind in graciousness"; Forum Online, last Wednesday)
Can we emulate the Japanese? I doubt it. We live in a society that runs on campaigns.
The Japanese appear courteous, well-mannered and care for their surroundings. At the World Cup in Brazil, the Japanese spectators cleaned the terraces before leaving the stadium.
Take Sri Lanka, too. You will find its streets clean. Anyone who spots litter picks it up and throws it in the bins. There are no anti-littering campaigns.
Do not blame the authorities for our shortcomings. It is us as individuals who have failed. We have become an affluent society, but it's not yet a mature society.

Kumar Pillay Thangavalu

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well-trained amata hukandas from serendipity land - ideal for street cleaners in sinkie land and cheaper too :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore was quite clean back in the 1990s as far as I can remember... obviously something had changed between then and now. Can anyone guess what that would be? :wink:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore have the people from up North, jiuhu and KL kia wanting Singapore to collapse. Look no more to Tonychat this fucker style of writing.

Huan nah kia are more humble than m&d Cina and these Cina kia feed the m&d with corruptions and greed, what else?

I was in sri lanka ages ago and yes i noticed that the streets are clean much to my surprise.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sri Lanka is actually one of the best South Asian country if not for the ethnic conflict and civil war. The "native" people are mostly Buddhist and the culture general values education. You seldom heard of overseas Sinhala people get into crimes (compared to Indian Muslims or Tamils).

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell Little Riot to STFU, stop littering our streets, burn and overturn my 995 vehicle. Betta pray 999 catch him before 995 catch him hor.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore are really useless. If no fine sure many will just throw rubbish everywhere.
Sinkie just dont have basic mindset that is everyone - that mean every individual need to do their part to have cleaner enviroment.
Is not by gov or law enforcement.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore was quite clean back in the 1990s as far as I can remember... obviously something had changed between then and now. Can anyone guess what that would be? :wink:

Confirm clean and efficient back in the 1990s, I remember that was what my foreign visitors said to me then. Infact, one could hear it all the time from foreigners who were impressed with how clean and green Spore was.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore are really useless. If no fine sure many will just throw rubbish everywhere.
Sinkie just dont have basic mindset that is everyone - that mean every individual need to do their part to have cleaner enviroment.
Is not by gov or law enforcement.

Not true at all. Singaporeans - the younger generation - who are educated generally do not litter, be it in Spore or overseas. I heard from news before of tour guides commenting Singaporean tourists looking for rubbish bins when touring overseas.

It is the third world people who grew up seeing their parents littering everywhere - from the car, from anywhere - who need to have the basic mindset to be aware every individual need to do their part to have cleaner environment.

No need to look far to be convinced, just observe when driving in Malaysia and you can see rubbish flying out very often, especially at traffic junction when people will wind down windows and litter without a care. I have seen younger generation littering with their children sitting right beside them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sri Lanka is actually one of the best South Asian country if not for the ethnic conflict and civil war. The "native" people are mostly Buddhist and the culture general values education. You seldom heard of overseas Sinhala people get into crimes (compared to Indian Muslims or Tamils).

This is surprising considering that they are shit skins too but then we all know there are different degrees of civil behavior among skins and the worst are the tamil shit skins who are the ancestors of the aboriginals and which the majority of sink land shit skins are descended from.

Well nothing much to say here but can see why the singhala want to whack these terrorist tamil shit skins.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well our government decided to pursue wholesale GDP growth and not social and cultural values.not to mention Japan is 100% xenophobic.easier to trian a culture this way.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with the article....

our housing estates are really dirty.
you have 3rd world types who bring in 4th world parents who throw unfinished tosai from kitchen windows to feed birds...

but also more and more elderly sinkees who are tossing rubbish out due to dementia