• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

indoor air quality

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear all, we recently moved into a new office. 3 of us in a 250sq feet office with a wall mounted aircon. unfortunately, there is no windows to this unit and we are unable to ventilate thhe office.. u know those larger office unit that is subdivided into many smaller units?

we are also situated away from the entrance so even leaving the door open for a while dun help as there is basically no air movement in the office. anyone else have experienced this type.of office and how do u ventilate the air? i reckon we have finished have deplete the oxygen levels and i have a headache after stepping in for 30 mins.

considered getting a salt lamp but that only release negative ions.. it does not replenish the oxygen.. any suggestions or tips?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get one of this.....the pump is manual,u will need 2 people to work the pump.

G6E66wc.jpg

Ozd19OY.jpg

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
? Genuine question leh... i have been falling sick since we moved here but my 2 younger colleagues are unaffected...

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
? Genuine question leh... i have been falling sick since we moved here but my 2 younger colleagues are unaffected...

curious, what makes you think its the oxygen levels?

are you a smoker? maybe its time for a checkup by the doctor for any pulmonary conditions.

the room is not sealed so air should still be coming in. if there is a lack of oxygen, your other 2 colleagues should feel it as well.

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
All 3 of us are smokers:-(

Yes, air has to be coming in from the gaps under the door and from the tiny gaps in the the ceiling boards. Also when someone opens or closes the door to get in or out of the office. However, i was wondering if that is sufficient?

Not trying to be difficult as all the other tenants work in similiar environment.. many with more people in the same office size. But i might be more sensitive.. even at home, all the windows are open..wide.

Wondering if anyone else work in similiar environment and if there is some tips on how to keep the air fresher in the office? Potted plants? Water feature? Would that help?

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear all, we recently moved into a new office. 3 of us in a 250sq feet office with a wall mounted aircon. unfortunately, there is no windows to this unit and we are unable to ventilate thhe office.. u know those larger office unit that is subdivided into many smaller
we are also situated away from the entrance so even leaving the door open for a while dun help as there is basically no air movement in the office. anyone else have experienced this type.of office and how do u ventilate the air? i reckon we have finished have deplete the oxygen levels and i have a headache after stepping in for 30 mins.

considered getting a salt lamp but that only release negative ions.. it does not replenish the oxygen.. any suggestions or tips?

Wow all for the almighty dollar. Quit the damn job man.

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hofmann, yeah.. i am making something similar.. using components that are a little more advanced. I can generate up to 0.5 liters per min..but bearing in mind h2o.. i have 2 parts hydrogen for every part oxygen.. and how do i get rid of the hydrogen.. i had some leakage problems before and lets say the consequences can get a little `hot`.. happily.. most issues are addressed and currently there is a company exploring with us on how it can help with their production.:smile:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
good luck! maybe you'll make a million dollars and buy your freedom, that'll give you more time to post here with the rest of us. or better yet, make it open source.

:biggrin:

Hofmann, yeah.. i am making something similar.. using components that are a little more advanced. I can generate up to 0.5 liters per min..but bearing in mind h2o.. i have 2 parts hydrogen for every part oxygen.. and how do i get rid of the hydrogen.. i had some leakage problems before and lets say the consequences can get a little `hot`.. happily.. most issues are addressed and currently there is a company exploring with us on how it can help with their production.:smile:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple lah! put a bucket of tap water in the office extract the hydrogen and discharge it thru ceiling vent the remainder is oxygen liao - (water is H2O).

dear all, we recently moved into a new office. 3 of us in a 250sq feet office with a wall mounted aircon. unfortunately, there is no windows to this unit and we are unable to ventilate thhe office.. u know those larger office unit that is subdivided into many smaller units?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
use ozonizer and ionizer n place exhaust fan in ceiling to draw off from office n keep office door open.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cut the partition wall by about min. 0.1msq or 1ft by 1ft on top of the wall and install metal gril bar let air flow in.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the wall-mounted air-con unit should have an outlet to ventilate as the compressor needs to discharge hot air to the outside. otherwise, when your colleagues have sambal chili with onions and garlic for lunch, and start farting, you will die.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get a portable aircon,it sucks air from the room and blows out the hot air thru a exhaust pipe,thus creating a vacuum in the room which draws air in from outside thru any openings.

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all the advices.. and no.. ts is not half dead.. but there is no way to do air exchange or ventilate from what i see.. i can try to exhaust the office air into the ceiling... then it will be shared with all other tenants.. however.. it doesnt help if the 2 corner units dun ventilate also. I tend to have this problem..last office i rented, i also have to open door and run a fan for 30 mins everyday..

In fact this problem exist for all who use aircon and never air their room. Guess plants would help?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

large office is usually supply by air handling unit.
you mentioned that it is 250sq feet..consisted large
And these air handling unit is supply with fresh air intake.
under singapore building code, when co2 exceed 900ppm ( few years back ) , the fresh air damper will open larger.more fresh air will be drawn into the AHU.
fresh air can dilute co2,but not CO

Last edited: