• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

new found humility of George Yeo

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
new found humility from gerogie boy after being voted out. this is exactly what the PAP needs. a good hard kick up the ass. maybe one in the balls too.

4. Advice on how the Singapore public service can adapt to changes
“You must insert yourself into the community, into the problem…in order to understand it holistically and to effect change from within. You cannot be a bureaucrat sitting on high, reading papers, doing statistical analysis, prescribing solutions. The Singapore civil service is probably the best administration in the world today and the reason why the LKY school has been able to grow so rapidly in the last ten years is because of the story of Singapore.

But given the nature of the world today, the challenge of technology and the digital revolution we must do it even more and insert ourselves into the daily lives of Singaporeans… It is very important that those who are in charge do not lead and live separate lives, and to the extent that we can be one community, we will be a strong society.”
... ...

Casting his eye on recent developments, he assessed the world to be in a period of momentous change, brought on by the digital revolution.

He said: "This transition is a big one, almost as dramatic as when human society shifted from a nomadic way of life to settled agricultural society, (and) settled agricultural society in the feudal world (to an) industrialised (society).

"The transition will not be easy because as in all such transitions it has to take place at all levels of geopolitics, of geoeconomics, religious responses, family structures, extended tribal networks. All come under the same challenge. No one is spared."

But to survive, and avoid falling into chaos, people would have to recognise that the big shifts are sparked by social media and information technology, and adjust accordingly, he said.

For those hoping to make the change, Mr Yeo offered two principles: one, demassification and realising that leaders can no longer dictate from on high and two, learning from one another, especially the young.

Citing his own experience, Mr Yeo said he has been learning from his colleagues at Kerry Logistics, which he chairs, since leaving politics in 2011.

"You have to depend on others. And so I go around and I play the student, I ask questions, I ask for help. I ask how I can be helpful...You create an energy field where there are multiple nodes of activity and you yourself constitutes only one node, hopefully a node which will grow in importance," he said.

He noted, though, that bigger institutions may find it more difficult to "dismantle it's core architecture to adjust to the new reality.''

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hypocritical asshole...loss the erection and now saying crap to make himself look better,,when he was MP look at how critical he was towards 'democracy'.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... “You must insert yourself into the community, into the problem…in order to understand it holistically and to effect change from within. You cannot be a bureaucrat sitting on high, reading papers, doing statistical analysis, prescribing solutions. ...

For those hoping to make the change, Mr Yeo offered two principles: one, demassification and realising that leaders can no longer dictate from on high and two, learning from one another, especially the young ...
stil remember very clearly dat wen tis burger was taking millions from peasants, tis burger said 2 peasants ...

if u were not @ my level, dun even tok 2 me! ...

all dose in bold were wat he did wen he was reaping mllions from peasants ...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
georgie boy was the one who told unker yap better learn how high the sky is, how thick the earth is.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this an indirect admission that they have been governing in this way all along, ignorant of the actual ground situation? Why blame social media? History has clear records that rulers who cannot satisfy the people will fail. Social media only helps to spread the dissatisfaction of the masses and hasten the removable of the leader. Instead of trying to manipulate and control social media, a clever government should capitalise and use it as a form of communication and feedback. Yes, social media has been used to spread unjustified demands that satisfy only selected individuals. However, don't put the blame squarely on the people. Look at the past policies. Ask yourself why many people have become over demanding and less resilience.

I enjoy watching Dog Whisperer, not because I love dogs. His favorite words were, "I teach the owner, there is nothing wrong with the dog". The same goes with a country. When the government is giving inconsistent signals, don't blame the people. To be a pack leader, one must show confidence and consistency. The public will be confused and angry when some dogs can do or have certain things while human can't.

new found humility from gerogie boy after being voted out. this is exactly what the PAP needs. a good hard kick up the ass. maybe one in the balls ....

4. ... You cannot be a bureaucrat sitting on high, reading papers, doing statistical analysis, prescribing solutions.

....… It is very important that those who are in charge do not lead and live separate lives... ...

But to survive, and avoid falling into chaos, people would have to recognise that the big shifts are sparked by social media and information technology, and adjust accordingly, he said.

.....demassification and realising that leaders can no longer dictate from on high ....
'

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
stil remember very clearly dat wen tis burger was taking millions from peasants, tis burger said 2 peasants ...

if u were not @ my level, dun even tok 2 me! ...

all dose in bold were wat he did wen he was reaping mllions from peasants ...

yup i remember well too his arrogance. nothing like a good healthy dose of DEFEAT to restore humility to this man.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this an indirect admission that they have been governing in this way all along, ignorant of the actual ground situation? Why blame social media? History has clear records that rulers who cannot satisfy the people will fail. Social media only helps to spread the dissatisfaction of the masses and hasten the removable of the leader. Instead of trying to manipulate and control social media, a clever government should capitalise and use it as a form of communication and feedback. Yes, social media has been used to spread unjustified demands that satisfy only selected individuals. However, don't put the blame squarely on the people. Look at the past policies. Ask yourself why many people have become over demanding and less resilience.

I enjoy watching Dog Whisperer, not because I love dogs. His favorite words were, "I teach the owner, there is nothing wrong with the dog". The same goes with a country. When the government is giving inconsistent signals, don't blame the people. To be a pack leader, one must show confidence and consistency. The public will be confused and angry when some dogs can do or have certain things while human can't.

it is a DIRECT admission.

he is not blaming social media and IT. he is accepting the new realities created by the unifying and empowering effect of the interweb.

the power of the elites are diminishing. the enlightened ones will welcome the divestment of power to the people. the greedy ones will be shown up as those desperate to cling on to power.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... nothing like a good healthy dose of DEFEAT to restore humility to this man.
dun b taken in by wat u read of others saying of him now ... his arrogance is as pungent as ever ...

he is telling u dat he noes much mor dan u ... he tels u dat u r wrong ... he tels u wat u shud do ... ya, he tels u he's much smarta dan u ...

a person wif humility wil not do dat ...

Last edited:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun b taken in by wat u read of others saying of him now ... his arrogance is as pungent as ever ...

he is telling u dat he noes much mor dan u ... he tels u dat u r wrong ... he tels u wat u shud do ... ya, he tels u he's much smarta dan u ...

a person wif humility wil not do dat ...

i drew my own conclusions based on his remarks at the 10th anniversary conference. it has nothing to do with what others are saying about him...

...what ARE they saying about him anyway?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hypocritical asshole...loss the erection and now saying crap to make himself look better,,when he was MP look at how critical he was towards 'democracy'.

agreed. when he was MP and ministar he himself spent alot of time on facebook about his frequent overseas travels and what he was doing. now a different story when he is out.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

After leaving cabinet, he got plenty of time to contemplate and might have seen the light in the dark tunnel. He made the kind of speech which he should have made when he was the FM. He is likely to join forces with other ex-papees to challenge pap after LKY is gone.

As Georgie had said before, change must come from within papees but if LKY is alive and kicking, no change is possible. He will make the change if he re-enters politics in the near future.