• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am a handicap and i think east coast town council is really stupid!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DEAR TRS, I AM A HANDICAP AND I THINK EAST COAST TOWN COUNCIL IS REALLY STUPID![/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
18 Oct 2014 - 8:53pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am a disabled person for my whole life and I am currently jobless and unable to provide any money to my family. I am very depressed and my nightmare in Singapore has only just begun this morning when I went down to buy breakfast.

East Coast Town Council built barriers right outside the lift and it took me almost 5 minutes just get past these barriers. I do not understand why are they making life so difficult for us. I understand they want to prevent bikers from speeding below void deck in order not to knock into people but the PAP MPs in charge of East Coast Town Council could have think of better ideas instead of making the life of us disabled people as well as the elderly worse.

I am a independent person and I do not usually move around with the help of my family or friends, but to normal people such barriers might not seem like anything serious for you but for me, it is a nightmare and I dread going downstairs because sometimes I will get my wheelchair stuck among these barriers.
I am totally disappointed that the government who paid their ministers millions of dollars can come of with such a terrible 'solution' to fix the bicycle problem.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Do you know that in my house area they also demolish the stone tables below void decks in order to prevent elderly and PRC construction workers from gambling on the tables. Instead of maybe increasing the frequency of police patrol in the area, they choose to demolish the stone tables and now many elderly people can't find any place to sit and relax under the void deck.
How stupid can these town council people get?

Independent Handicap
TRS reader

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
another classic case of pencil pushers stuck in their ivory towers.

[h=1]DEAR TRS, I AM A HANDICAP AND I THINK EAST COAST TOWN COUNCIL IS REALLY STUPID![/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
18 Oct 2014 - 8:53pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am a disabled person for my whole life and I am currently jobless and unable to provide any money to my family. I am very depressed and my nightmare in Singapore has only just begun this morning when I went down to buy breakfast.

East Coast Town Council built barriers right outside the lift and it took me almost 5 minutes just get past these barriers. I do not understand why are they making life so difficult for us. I understand they want to prevent bikers from speeding below void deck in order not to knock into people but the PAP MPs in charge of East Coast Town Council could have think of better ideas instead of making the life of us disabled people as well as the elderly worse.

I am a independent person and I do not usually move around with the help of my family or friends, but to normal people such barriers might not seem like anything serious for you but for me, it is a nightmare and I dread going downstairs because sometimes I will get my wheelchair stuck among these barriers.
I am totally disappointed that the government who paid their ministers millions of dollars can come of with such a terrible 'solution' to fix the bicycle problem.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Do you know that in my house area they also demolish the stone tables below void decks in order to prevent elderly and PRC construction workers from gambling on the tables. Instead of maybe increasing the frequency of police patrol in the area, they choose to demolish the stone tables and now many elderly people can't find any place to sit and relax under the void deck.
How stupid can these town council people get?

Independent Handicap
TRS reader

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
East Coast Town Council built barriers right outside the lift

They did that when you became jobless!! what a heartless town council!

don't worry, they will remove that barriers when you find your new job

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Town council paralyse one cyclist from its cocked barrier

Crime took place in 2005
For cyclists, barrier's a death trap
One paralysed; many others had narrow escapes

Loh Chee Kong
[email protected]

THREE days after a cyclist crashed into a newly-erected barrier at an overhead bridge, leaving him paralysed and in a critical state, the finger-pointing has intensified.
But the barriers still stand — and unwary cyclists are still having narrow escapes.
On Tuesday, the first of the inverted u-shaped metal barriers were erected on one side of the pedestrian bridge which spans the Tampines Expressway and connects Pasir Ris and Tampines New Towns. These were meant to compel cyclists to dismount and push their bikes across, as instructed by signboards.
Just hours later, at dawn the next day, an unsuspecting 40-year-old cyclist rammed into the barriers.
Because the contractor had not finished putting up the second set of barriers on the other end of the bridge, the cyclist, a father of two, may not have expected to meet the barriers coming down off the bridge.
He was hit on the back of the neck — presumably while trying to duck under the bars at the last minute — and injured his spinal cord, his brother-in-law told Today. Doctors have confirmed he is paralysed from the neck down.
When Today first visited the site on Thursday evening, at least 10 cyclists narrowly missed crashing into the barriers, some ducking under the bars.
Residents and Tampines GRC MP Ong Kian Min are now demanding that the Land Transport Authority (LTA) modify or remove the neck-high barriers.
Describing the design of the barriers as "very poor and dangerous", Mr Ong told Today that he had written to the Transport Minister.
He said: "I'm insisting the LTA change the design. They should be held responsible."
Mr Ong instructed his Town Council staff to put up a piece of plywood at each barrier, as well as cones and warning signs.
The twist: When Today next saw the site at noon on Friday, one of the plywood pieces lay broken on the grass patch, along with the warning signs.
Cyclist Henry Tay, 40, said: "These temporary measures are of little use. Some cyclists probably threw them aside as they were blocking their way."
One concerned resident had draped the barriers with red-and-white tape, to make them more visible.
The barriers, painted green, could not be seen easily in the dark — the nearest lamp on the bridge was 5m away.
Three street lamps leading from the park would have aided visibility, but they had not been working because of a circuit trip, said the National Parks Board.
Said Mr Tay: "Yes, it is wrong for cyclists not to push their bicycles on the bridge, but this doesn't justify putting such dangerous obstacles in place."
Another cyclist, who did not want to be named, explained: "Many of us are old and our legs are weak, so we tend to cycle down."
Mr Tay added: "Do they want to see someone getting killed before they remove the stupid barriers? If they don't do anything, we will bring our own tools and get rid of the barriers."

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks very negotiable for wheel chair. Don't see what's the problem.
The standard dimension of tiles is 300 mm by 300 mm. From the picture, the gap between 2 barriers is about 4-tile length, that is 1200 mm. The length of a wheelchair is about 1220 mm. As such it is not easy to negotiate through the barriers with a wheelchair by the user on his own.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20459726.jpeg

These barriers are a classic example of the PAP govt's attempt to micromanage anything they can get their grimy paws on. Refer to the other recent incident when someone was punished for feeding fish with bread. You would think that the person was dumping radioactive waste into the water. :rolleyes:

Often, the 'solutions' they implement create much more problems. :rolleyes:

One example is happening in my neighbourhood right now: electronic carparking. The gantry sometimes jams, and there's often a big buildup of cars behind the gantry. There's a lot of angry shouting and horning. :biggrin:

The PAP govt is not very intelligent, but likes to think that it is. In Hokkien, they call it 'keh kiang'. :cool:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat is what happens when the country is dominated by hokkeins...they keep coming up w hokkein solutions...

20459726.jpeg

These barriers are a classic example of the PAP govt's attempt to micromanage anything they can get their grimy paws on. Refer to the other recent incident when someone was punished for feeding fish with bread. You would think that the person was dumping radioactive waste into the water. :rolleyes:

One example is happening in my neighbourhood right now: electronic carparking. The gantry sometimes jams, and there's often a big buildup of cars behind the gantry. There's a lot of angry shouting and horning. :biggrin:

The PAP govt is not very intelligent, but likes to think that it is. In Hokkien, they call it 'keh kiang'. :cool:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This article just proves tat it is better to be dead than disabled. .but fuckwits still want to cling on to dear life n keep complaining .

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Spot on.

Not to mention giving numerous contracts to their own kakis.