• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman Destroys Taoist Prayer Items At HDB Void Deck

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll say it. The Abrahamic religions – Christianity, Islam & Judaism – are the most intolerant religions. Look around the world today, and you'll most conflicts arising from the 'people of the Book'.

You say only, then you should provide examples of intolerance for all these religions and not just one.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
You say only, then you should provide examples of intolerance for all these religions and not just one.

wah leow, just one seow aunty also can so many people quarrel :confused:
would like to remind you guys and that seow aunty....

1/ holding occasions; funeral wakes (taoist, buddhist, christian), christmas parties, weddings, RC functions at HDB voids have been going for the past 40-45 years...probably as long and as old as HDB itself.

2/ such practices are a reflection of our multi culture, religion tolerance and harmony; something that all sinkies should be proud of and treasure.

3/ there is nothing wrong with all of us on this thread....the only f### problem is that seow aunty :eek:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah leow, just one seow aunty also can so many people quarrel :confused:
would like to remind you guys and that seow aunty....

1/ holding occasions; funeral wakes (taoist, buddhist, christian), christmas parties, weddings, RC functions at HDB voids have been going for the past 40-45 years...probably as long and as old as HDB itself.

2/ such practices are a reflection of our multi culture, religion tolerance and harmony; something that all sinkies should be proud of and treasure.

3/ there is nothing wrong with all of us on this thread....the only f### problem is that seow aunty :eek:

By all means vent, but don't bring in Religion, this old bitch simply cannot stand the smoke and the noise, if only Taoism was more tolerant of 21st century environment, and cut or reduce these activities, then events like these won't happen. Instead they still insist on practising their religion like 5,000 year old China, then of course they are inviting trouble. Let Taoism be more tolerant of the environment they practice in rather then screaming for tolerance of others when they practice.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
By all means vent, but don't bring in Religion, this old bitch simply cannot stand the smoke and the noise, if only Taoism was more tolerant of 21st century environment, and cut or reduce these activities, then events like these won't happen. Instead they still insist on practising their religion like 5,000 year old China, then of course they are inviting trouble. Let Taoism be more tolerant of the environment they practice in rather then screaming for tolerance of others when they practice.

if you're so concerned about the environment, why not do something about the HAZE instead? its a much more serious issue in terms of air pollution, but i don't hear you beating that drum.

what does that make you?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

my friend; you get so work out that you misunderstood my points; let me clarified again:

1/ it's that seow aunty that is stirring up all the fuss...bcos after living in a HDB flat for so many years, dun tell me she does not know HDB void decks are also call 'multi purpose halls'

2/ if holding a funeral wake is prohibited, the town council will not have issue a permit....the mata will come thereafter...and drum a charge for illegal gathering...you know !!

3/your point on those bring up religion to stir up extreme feelings was valid...this issue is irrelevant to religion

4/ it's only about that CB seow aunty; my main concern: is she really from the MOE :confused:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you're so concerned about the environment, why not do something about the HAZE instead? its a much more serious issue in terms of air pollution, but i don't hear you beating that drum.

what does that make you?

Another idiotic post, there is a big difference between trying to stop smoke pollution downstairs your block versus one which is overseas coming from a country with 260 million people, that certainly makes you a dummy.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend; you get so work out that you misunderstood my points; let me clarified again:

1/ it's that seow aunty that is stirring up all the fuss...bcos after living in a HDB flat for so many years, dun tell me she does not know HDB void decks are also call 'multi purpose halls'

2/ if holding a funeral wake is prohibited, the town council will not have issue a permit....the mata will come thereafter...and drum a charge for illegal gathering...you know !!

3/your point on those bring up religion to stir up extreme feelings was valid...this issue is irrelevant to religion

4/ it's only about that CB seow aunty; my main concern: is she really from the MOE :confused:

But this does not seem to be a funeral wake, but whatever it is, if the Taoists had a permit, they would not be stammering and stuttering, looks more like they didn't and just set up the alter thinking that religious tolerance must automatically be granted to them, too bad they met one crazy bitch, who coincidentally is a Christian, if I were there myself, I too would have given them some hell but not as a Christian and with maximum restraint, then what?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stay in condo or landed far away from those hdb sinkies who burn offerings, hold weddings and funeral wakes and whatnot that cause noise air pollution.
This goes for all races and religions.
How come condos got no such things? Only atheists stay in condos?

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
so the Taoist should change to accommodate the environment, but the massive plantation owners need not do anything about their slash and burn techniques? your concern for the environment is duly noted. :rolleyes:

Another idiotic post, there is a big difference between trying to stop smoke pollution downstairs your block versus one which is overseas coming from a country with 260 million people, that certainly makes you a dummy.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
so the Taoist should change to accommodate the environment, but the massive plantation owners need not do anything about their slash and burn techniques? your concern for the environment is duly noted. :rolleyes:

Another stupid post, of course plantation owners should do something, but the question should be "who is going to make them, you?"

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, you and me.

Dun bring "me" into your stupid idea, it's "you" and "you" alone, even the SG, MY Govt and ASEAN could not make them, so you are alone on this....you are most welcome to stop the Indo forest fires on your own, I will concentrate on issues that I can solve concretely.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun bring "me" into your stupid idea, it's "you" and "you" alone, even the SG, MY Govt and ASEAN could not make them, so you are alone on this....you are most welcome to stop the Indo forest fires on your own, I will concentrate on issues that I can solve concretely.

whilst you're at it, please lead this crazy bitch's head to meet the concrete floor and like most sinkies are wont to do, stomp it a coupla times :cool:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is lucky in 2 area...
1. This event is not held by some secret society group.....
2. She is lucky it is not someone funeral......

I remember one mental challenge man damage a 4 face buddha in Thailand. He was killed.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is lucky in 2 area...
1. This event is not held by some secret society group.....
2. She is lucky it is not someone funeral......

I remember one mental challenge man damage a 4 face buddha in Thailand. He was killed.

3. This is not Thailand.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just pondering about the existence of the universe just before reading this thread. What is outside the universe? Nobody knows. Just like if you are simply programs running within the Matrix, you will not be able to comprehend the external environment from which your world draws its parameters. Ever wonder why there are the laws of physics? Why are we bound by these laws?

The easy answer would be that there is some supernatural being, aka God, that created or controlled everything. All these religious people should devote more effort towards finding out if there really is a God rather than simply believing there is one. It is like you believe in some idea without even spending the effort to verify it. I guess it suits the simple-minded and gives them comfort in case they find the truth too terrible to behold.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

so what did you do during the recent hungry ghost festival to stop the burnings?