• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fap town council took unemployed man to court for s&c arrears

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]TOWN COUNCIL TOOK UNEMPLOYED MAN TO COURT FOR S&C ARREARS[/h]
Post date:
17 Oct 2014 - 4:51pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"></ins></ins>

Jalan Besar Town Council had took an unemployed man to court for arrears S&C arrears of $432!
In a letter written to the Straits Times Forum, Mr Lim Beo Thiam, a 52 year old who has been unemployed for 18 months and lost part of a leg through diabetes relates his unhappy experience with his Town Council. (read letter here)
He claimed that this is the first time he did not pay the S&C charges due to financial difficulties and he was taken to court by Jalan Besar Town Council.
His new debts now ballooned to more than $1,000 which included court penalties and late payment charges.
“When I tried to settle subsequent S&C charges to avoid a fresh spiral of hefty penalties for non-payment, I was rejected. The town council ruled that I had to settle the old debt before I could pay the new charges. Naturally, this led to more penalties as my fresh S&C arrears spiked. So, I am now some $3,000 in debt to my town council,” he added.
Mr Lim wrote that he has appealed to his Member of Parliament for help many times but the final reply invariably remained unchanged: pay up.
He lampooned the Town Councils for hoarding extra revenue collected instead of helping needy residents like himself:
“Town councils shouldn’t be surprised if residents like myself, who face tough times, wonder why we aren’t being helped via the excess revenue collected; revenue which is instead ploughed into loss-making investments. Shouldn’t any excess revenue be refunded to residents via rebates? If town councils are keen to invest, set up a fund offering soft loans to residents to tide them over tough times and pay service and conservancy charges.”
His letter attracted a fresh barrage of criticisms at the government with many netizens expressing their support and sympathy for him.
Wrote between777:
“seems the govt is pushing the buck and trying to get town councils to make more money as it focuses even on getting town councils to recover arrears – which in these times, there are a fair number who cant barely afford to pay – but yet this is on the agenda – whereas Investments by town councils are NOT graded – and this is especially impt bec the town councils LOST some nearly $20 million in the lehman fiasco! And the govt can spent $100 million just to host a 3-day APEC Summit! which is more to a ego trip – as in all honesty such APEC or even ASEAN have all along been making alot of talk but never walk their talk – and in fact even within ASEAN there are many issues yet to be even worked on and the many barriers to free trade within the group.”

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"></ins></ins>

Added anlibeth2000:
“Having a report card to monitor the town council’s performance is a good ideal but collecting of the outstanding arrears is otherwise. Whoever owes the town council are likely to be the poor of the poor. Fancy writing off 16 millions in lost of investment and here they are squeezing your poor citizen till the last drop of blood. Not only that , if for any reason you happen to owe them they will impose penalties, late payment charges, court charges, so that they are quite similar to the loan shark charges.
12 months outstanding of $36 x 12 = $432. Penalties $561 plus $50 legal fees. Total to claim $1043. If these don’t work they will get a court action to seize your household items until you have nowhere to run. Yes I had personally experienced it. Forget about seeking your MP’s help because they are of the same office. (N/B The MP take charges of the town council) After auctioning your item that will not be enough they will start the proceduring all over again. One would have been better off if they borrowed from a loan shark to pay them off. However the SPF had cleared a lot from their business and seeking a loan shark is not easy nowaday.”
Source: http://sgforums.com/forums/10/topics/383860

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chey unemployed only big fuck no need pay conservancy charges?
The sickly, elderly and handicapped is not exempted.
Just go to sub court court 26N every evening to see the defaulters.
You die your biz - pappy motto

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chey unemployed only big fuck no need pay conservancy charges?
The sickly, elderly and handicapped is not exempted.
Just go to sub court court 26N every evening to see the defaulters.
You die your biz - pappy motto

well papzi will help him with reverse mortage.

down from 4 room to 3 room

down from 3 to studio

down from studio to under bridge

good news under bridge housing is HDB/TC no longer harrass you, that type of despicable thing only LTA or NEA does.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well papzi will help him with reverse mortage.

down from 4 room to 3 room

down from 3 to studio

down from studio to under bridge

good news under bridge housing is HDB/TC no longer harrass you, that type of despicable thing only LTA or NEA does.
Before under bridge got some spare change rent camping ground set up tent stay on the beach with sea view.....
Many poor down and out sinkies living this way now close to nature in district tent.
Over there also got harassment from NEA park rangers on their expensive bicycles.....checking your camping permits daily

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business opportunities beckons, allow down and out, hard luck cases as such, usher them through thorough medical checkup, knifed them under organ trading bill, soon to be passed. PAP is that best.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business opportunities beckons, allow down and out, hard luck cases as such, usher them through thorough medical checkup, knifed them under organ trading bill, soon to be passed. PAP is that best.

going under the knife may not b the long term solution. perhaps S332A should b amended to allow his rear pink dot to benefit from the plying sailors. of cost everything will b taxable and GST included.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time, we will trade pound of human flesh if you are heavily in debt. But modern time, they will ask you to give up your liver, kidney, cornea in exchange for a chance to live.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They spent millions on scholarships and integration programme for foreigners every year and yet sent their own down and trodden to court over a few hundred dollars.
Mr Lim, the victim probably served NS and Reservist and makes it even more ironical compared to the foreigners who do not have to serve NS and live it up in this red dot.
Few govt are as cruel in this world and that makes the 60% who voted for them just as heatless.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who dun pay conservancy fees are akin to raiding the country's reserves.....
We should charge these traitors with high treason!
Death penalty to all!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more the Pappies related authorities do more of such thing the more they will be displaced from their rule of power soon.

The question remains as to what about these lower cronies that carried out such 'orders', will these make to pay when the time comes?

golden tongue

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always go fxxxk the Town Council people up whenever the sent me their lawyer letter for late payment.
Stupid ppl at town council, only use these type tactics to force people to pay.
WTF, wants resident to pay first before work is done. I've been sweeping my own corridor cos their cleaner doesn't even come to sweep my corridor.
I usually pay at the end of the month.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who dun pay conservancy fees are akin to raiding the country's reserves.....
We should charge these traitors with high treason!
Death penalty to all!
Pls lor. We r doing nation a service by not paying else another dBs high note saga will happen.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always go fxxxk the Town Council people up whenever the sent me their lawyer letter for late payment.
Stupid ppl at town council, only use these type tactics to force people to pay.
WTF, wants resident to pay first before work is done. I've been sweeping my own corridor cos their cleaner doesn't even come to sweep my corridor.
I usually pay at the end of the month.

How else do they get the money to dabble in minibonds and grease the palms of their contractor cronies who are assigned with various upgrading projects in the estate? :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They spent millions on scholarships and integration programme for foreigners every year and yet sent their own down and trodden to court over a few hundred dollars.
Mr Lim, the victim probably served NS and Reservist and makes it even more ironical compared to the foreigners who do not have to serve NS and live it up in this red dot.
Few govt are as cruel in this world and that makes the 60% who voted for them just as heatless.

Yeah, and when scumbags such as Yang Yin are appointed to oversee such integration programmes, it tells you much about the quality of the PAP people, doesn't it?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They spend HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS on scholarships for foreigners.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If being unemployed was an acceptable reason for not paying what you owe, nobody would bother looking for a job.

Why bother working if you can simply declare "I'm unemployed" and have all your debt written off. :rolleyes:

He should get a job and pay his bills. There are many people in the world who have lost a limb and still earn an honest living.