• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Taxis - what is your proocal for passengers with luggages?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am curious about this question and wonder if anyone here could help to enlighten. What is the protocol for taxi drivers if they pick up passengers with big luggages?

I am in a taxi now, with two midium size luggages, I flagged down this taxi, he did not move just unlock the trunk from inside and waited and waited and waited. I no choice opened the trunk myself and place the luggages into the trunk and closed the trunk. He did not move at all. I'm not complaining just curious what's the sop.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This type of lazy driver should go drive bus.
maybe u boarded krafty taxi.

I seriously doubt it's him. I don't think krafty will tell me "God bless you" after collecting the $22. Also he don't look like krafty at all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it depends on whether you're a young skinny chio bu in short skirts or a big muscular mma bruiser with tattoos. they will cum out and pull down trunks, oops i mean open trunk, for the former and stay put messaging on wechat if you're the latter. :o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... he did not move just unlock the trunk from inside and waited and waited and waited. I no choice opened the trunk myself and place the luggages into the trunk and closed the trunk. He did not move at all. I'm not complaining just curious what's the sop.
if u want him 2 mov, nax time wear skirt ... :o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
if u want him 2 mov, nax time wear skirt ... :o

I don't want and don't need him to move although it will be helpful.

I started this thread to ask the SOP and protocol of our taxi companies. That's it.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro... they only come out to help if you not able to load the bags yourself lah. They see you young n healthy, so no help. Of cos wearing skirt is different lah. :p

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i only help to load the luggage at airport. other than that, if i see passenger is strong and abled, i will not help. i think there is no ruling that taxi driver have to help passenger load and unload luggage. but if it's wheel chair , i will help. normally, if you help angmo carry luggage, they will tip you end of the trip.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i arrive in changi, i wear a t-shirt with a sign that reads "shall tip generously if you handle my luggage." and when taxi uncle sees it, he will say, "kong simi lanjiao!"

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i arrive in changi, i wear a t-shirt with a sign that reads "shall tip generously if you handle my luggage." and when taxi uncle sees it, he will say, "kong simi lanjiao!"
ah taxi uncle o liao ... i's cant c properly ... he tot he read ... tip generously if u fondle my baggage ... :o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i only help to load the luggage at airport. other than that, if i see passenger is strong and abled, i will not help. i think there is no ruling that taxi driver have to help passenger load and unload luggage. but if it's wheel chair , i will help. normally, if you help angmo carry luggage, they will tip you end of the trip.

Stingy cheapo sinkies never tip.....so lazy cabby got no motivation to move his butt.

I've been in Thailand too long and tipping is part of my habit now a days everywhere I go even in Singapore, not the 20 baht of course. Only kopitiam and hawker I don't tip. So taking taxi here in Singapore I do tip even when I don't carry any thing. Like say the fair is $8 or $9 I will give a $10 and a $2. If its $6 I will round to $10. If with luggage to airport I will give like a $5. I thought this is showing appreciation.q

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've been in Thailand too long and tipping is part of my habit now a days everywhere I go even in Singapore, not the 20 baht of course. Only kopitiam and hawker I don't tip. So taking taxi here in Singapore I do tip even when I don't carry any thing. Like say the fair is $8 or $9 I will give a $10 and a $2. If its $6 I will round to $10. If with luggage to airport I will give like a $5. I thought this is showing appreciation.q

You are unsinkified. Good for you.
Part of reason why we got such shitty service industry here I believe is due to no tipping culture.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi drivers will only load / unload your luggage(s) if they pick you up at Changi Airport , tip or no tip.
The rest of the island , if they do , means you got chance of winning Toto :p
Anyways , who did you vote for huh ?
:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Taxi drivers will only load / unload your luggage(s) if they pick you up at Changi Airport , tip or no tip.
The rest of the island , if they do , means you got chance of winning Toto :p
Anyways , who did you vote for huh ?
:biggrin:

If I can vote I will vote for Thaksin.