• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Taxis - what is your proocal for passengers with luggages?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi drivers will only load / unload your luggage(s) if they pick you up at Changi Airport , tip or no tip.
The rest of the island , if they do , means you got chance of winning Toto :p
Anyways , who did you vote for huh ?
:biggrin:

Will they help shit skins with the prams?

Knn is this the chinese dog syndrome at play?

boy21player

Taxi driver are not movers. They are not required to help in carrying luggages. Protected in the terms and condition. However, they can choose to help if they want to as a person in service line.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS, your experience is par for the course here. Cabbie releases trunk, for DIY. Unless you really need help, as krafty also says. In Changi, he's there standing next to his open trunk ..may help you with load up.

Rounding up to nearest dollar is common enough. On other side of coin, good cabbies even round down for benefit of passenger and hassles change. Your tipping by leaving 10 for 6 is on the generous side.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will they help shit skins with the prams?

Knn is this the chinese dog syndrome at play?

I do help local Ah Nehs who are elderly and inconvenient ( just underwent operation ) with their purchases to the nearest taxi stand where I worked.
To help or not depends solely on the individual , not his ( guess the ) race :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I started this thread also because recently took many taxis in Italy and all the drivers I encountered offered to help, a few insisted I don't touch the luggage, but 2 asked me to help carry because back problem.

My encounter with Hong Kong taxs drivers is the same they will get down to help.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in singapore,Taxi driving is a protected industry and a monopoly,taxi drivers may choose to ignore passengers on the road if they feel it may affect their potential income opportunities from 5.4m potential customers on the island.Taxi drivers may even refuse pick up if ur destination is just down the road as it divergent from their intended destination.

It is considered bad luck already if they run into passengers with special needs or with heavy baggage so please call beforehand to book a taxi and state ur special needs.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in singapore,Taxi driving is a protected industry and a monopoly,taxi drivers may choose to ignore passengers on the road if they feel it may affect their potential income opportunities from 5.4m potential customers on the island.Taxi drivers may even refuse pick up if ur destination is just down the road as it divergent from their intended destination.

It is considered bad luck already if they run into passengers with special needs or with heavy baggage so please call beforehand to book a taxi and state ur special needs.

Taxi driving in Sg is a last option job and one get into it after he has no road.
Usual profile of sg cabby is an ex pmet who kena replaced by FT and jobless for months before.
Unlike his counterparts in example Japan who prides himself as a cabby or in hk where cabby is a driver owner probably owning a few other taxis or in US where migrants are grateful to be a cabby.
Compared to his overseas peers Sg cabby is a sulking sour puss forced into the trade....so dun expect any good service

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
......i will help. normally, if you help angmo carry luggage, they will tip you end of the trip.

I remember that at one time the PAP tried to eliminate tipping. I think that is why a service charge became so common at restaurants.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I started this thread also because recently took many taxis in Italy and all the drivers I encountered offered to help, a few insisted I don't touch the luggage, but 2 asked me to help carry because....

Anyone going to Italy be warned that there are taxi touts there. They are well dressed & polite.

I was talking to one of them who quickly disappeared when a police man appeared:smile:
To find a hotel or cab there are always some counter where you can approach.