• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You can download OS X Yosemite for free starting today

Dante

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can download OS X Yosemite for free starting today (Update: get it now!)

by Chris Velazco | @chrisvelazco 16th October 2014

yosemite.jpg

Oh, so the prospect of some new iPads and refreshed Macs wasn't enough for you? How about the chance to take OS X Yosemite for a spin? As expected, Apple confirmed that you'll be able to download and install Yosemite for free later today -- just keep an eye on the Mac App Store for your chance to play with what developers and beta testers have been perfecting for months. Aside from Yosemite's flatter design, features of note include Continuity (which basically blurs the line between your Mac and your iDevices), smarter Spotlight searching and total redesigns for native apps like Mail and Safari. (Sadly, you won't get access to Stephen Colbert's phone number like Craig Federighi did.) We'll keep you posted on when you can actually take the plunge, but in the meantime, take a peek at our in-depth Yosemite preview to give you one last taste of what to expect before the digital download floodgates open.

UPDATE: After what seemed like ages, Yosemite is now available to download right here.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id915041082?mt=12

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hows the yosemite running? Any bugs?

The bugs are seldom in the iOS itself. The problems usually stem from incompatibilities that might arise with other applications that you're run on your Mac.

If you're dependent on an application for your day to day work, do not install the latest OS straight away. Wait a week or so and then do a search for any problems that may be occurring between the two.

EG if you depend upon photoshop, make sure the Yosemite is working seamlessly with the latest revision before upgrading.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bugs are seldom in the iOS itself. The problems usually stem from incompatibilities that might arise with other applications that you're run on your Mac.

If you're dependent on an application for your day to day work, do not install the latest OS straight away. Wait a week or so and then do a search for any problems that may be occurring between the two.

EG if you depend upon photoshop, make sure the Yosemite is working seamlessly with the latest revision before upgrading.

Yes...its a risk I wont take just yet. Macrumor forums are littered with issues...might wait till the first or second round of revisions.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You call this risk? Risk of what nature? Damage to a $1k-2k laptop......haha.....

Then how to take risk and make millions of dollar in life?

I already downloaded it on my 2 Macbook Air and 1 Macbook pro..... they look good.... feel even better.

Yes...its a risk I wont take just yet. Macrumor forums are littered with issues...might wait till the first or second round of revisions.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only complain I have is, when MS, updates their OS....in the past ( yes PAST), they used to have lots of compatible problems with SW, Hardware which are legacy, new or newer ones, but over the years they have improved.

But, I am facing, printer driver compatibility with MAC OS. everytime, they have a major Upgrade, the last Mavericks, I have to install the new drivers from my printer manufacturer, CANON. I downloaded all the necessary updates & yet I could not scan, print, Yes! , after weeks of email support, I figured out the problem...a simple, check on a dialog box...hmm. Anyway, all printing, scanning was going on well, till I just upgraded to YOSEMITE, MAC OS X 10.10 ....guess what..deja vu... I can't print, I can't scan, I DL all the required drivers from Canon for this OS ver 10.10 & yet I can't get it working....

I thought..windows was driving me crazy over their drivers problems....I am now using my standby WINDOWS 8 machine...to print & scan, until I figure out...whats going on at MAC OS X 10.10...deja vu!:biggrin:

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal

The troubles I had with MAMP on Friday killed me all day

What a disaster

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is called the bleeding edge of technology.:(

That is why I wait for a few months when the drivers for 3rd hw becomes available.