• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

7 Lessons from Self-made Billionaire Peter Lim

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He amassed 100 million working as remisier.....as pointman for big time Malaysian clients. He was ready to retire on that.
The big score came simply by his connection to sugar king's nephew and his investment in Wilmar.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how come there's so little information on his marriage to his 1st wife? what's the story with Venus Teo Geok Fong? its as if all links to his 1st marriage have been erased from the net.

It was an ugly divorce.
PL had to employ 'bodyguards' and there were scuffles where his guys took over and harass the wife.
Custody battle of the kids forced him to retire as remisier.
His divorce settlement was one of biggest in Sg history then....seems like peanuts now.
Current wife was 'match made' by sleaze king Deen Shahul.
Libin Bagged the ultimate prize after years of hard work but heard there is a pre-nup and void if current wife has kids as he specified no kids with her.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the ex from high society as well?

It was an ugly divorce.
PL had to employ 'bodyguards' and there were scuffles where his guys took over and harass the wife.
Custody battle of the kids forced him to retire as remisier.
His divorce settlement was one of biggest in Sg history then....seems like peanuts now.
Current wife was 'match made' by sleaze king Deen Shahul.
Libin Bagged the ultimate prize after years of hard work but heard there is a pre-nup and void if current wife has kids as he specified no kids with her.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is not telling all. The greatest reason for his success is his ability to spot talents and win them over at young age. In uk, he was dining and wining with young smart undergraduates (local kids) who have already made a killing in stock before entering uni. How he gets to know them and nurture them, he is not telling. These kids are so good but interestingly they are never the scholars.

really u can do such a thing?i thought investing is a personal business.....i never heard of grooming other people to invest for u.i mean at the end of the day if these kids are so good and can make peter lim tens even hundreds of millions,why doest temasek or hundreds of other hedge funds hire them?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim invests in the long-term after doing incredible amounts of research, he then sticks to his data and doesn’t let the daily market fluctuations to influence his decisions in a short-term basis. Lim is known for turning $10 million dollars of stock in the earlies 90’s in a company called Wilmar International into $700 million. “When you are holding stocks, if it goes up, don’t be too happy; when it goes down, don’t be too sad. Otherwise, how? Your life will also be fluctuating and you’ll die of a heart attack. If you really lose sleep over it, maybe the best way is to keep the money in the bank.”

Doesn't really sync with he said in earlier interview, where he said he got lucky with wilmar. And also lucked out the asian financial crisis because of his divorce. It only proves that luck plays a big part in life.

From 2007 interview..

The 54-year-old believes that the fortune he has today is pre-destined. ‘This size – substantially, it’s your destiny. If today I have $10 million, I’d say over 90 per cent is due to my hard work. But getting it right is not $1 billion. Maybe it’s $100 million. How that $100 million becomes $1 billion, you know it’s because somebody likes you. You must believe it’s somehow a path that’s been drawn.’

The bulk of his net worth is in Wilmar, in which he was asked to pump in under $10 million in the early 1990s. By the second half of the decade, he had totally written off that investment. That was when the Indonesian currency fell from 2,500 rupiah against the US dollar (the exchange rate he invested in Wilmar), to 16,000 rupiah, and president Suharto was ousted. There were riots in Indonesia. There was no way of cashing out the assets. But in a few years, things stabilised in Indonesia and the pieces began to come together for Wilmar. Its China operations began to pick up, businessman Robert Kuok decided to inject his Malaysian palm oil operations into Wilmar and palm oil prices started to go through the roof because of the scramble to produce biofuels.

‘My Indonesian partner was asking me the other day: ‘How the hell did we make so much money?’ ‘

‘Up to a point after people tell you a story and a vision, don’t write it off. Sometimes it comes true. You just make sure that if it doesn’t come true, you don’t get hurt too much,’ he said.

The most important factor to consider when investing in a company is the person running it; you look at whether the person is honest, and whether he or she is master of their trade.

‘It works. It’s a tested method of assessing companies,’ Mr Lim said.

Wilmar is not his only lucky break. He escaped the Asian crisis as he had quit the broking profession in 1996 to prepare for his divorce proceedings. And he spent the next six months liquidating most of his stock positions. So when the crisis hit, he was mostly in cash.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really u can do such a thing?i thought investing is a personal business.....i never heard of grooming other people to invest for u.i mean at the end of the day if these kids are so good and can make peter lim tens even hundreds of millions,why doest temasek or hundreds of other hedge funds hire them?
You got it wrong. He groom them to become trusted friends, not to invest for him. They are his future network. These kids are not poor. They are not stupid to join Temasek. Yes, they are hunted by investment banks. They got job offer long before graduation. Send your kid to London to one of the top uni. Get him/her to mix with rich kids that pubs and play poker. You will understand what I mean.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You got it wrong. He groom them to become trusted friends, not to invest for him. They are his future network. These kids are not poor. They are not stupid to join Temasek. Yes, they are hunted by investment banks. They got job offer long before graduation. Send your kid to London to one of the top uni. Get him/her to mix with rich kids that pubs and play poker. You will understand what I mean.

what u mean?so they can become his mole or spy?or some kind of backdoor to major business deals?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what u mean?so they can become his mole or spy?or some kind of backdoor to major business deals?
Networking that is what I mean. They join big investment banks. They become even more well connected which means creating more opportunity and knowledge for yourself, if you are in their circle. Not mole nor spy Simply networking. The trust and bond is stronger if you get to know them before they become better of then you. Helping them before they truly make it is what I mean by nurturing. Once they are there, the sharing of knowledge and opportunity with you readily, is what I mean by winning them over. There are many more rich people out there that we have not heard of. Access to such people is key to success and networking is the way to meet them

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Raffles Town Club, who's idea was it? Peter or Denise.
Denis Fool is PL's point man.
Denis won't dare shit without approval from Peter Lim.
They are good buddies from RI days. Old boys network.
PL always looked out for his friend Denis....he got into the pub business (MU cafe) because Denis lost Europa after the country club debacle.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

Networking that is what I mean. They join big investment banks. They become even more well connected which means creating more opportunity and knowledge for yourself, if you are in their circle. Not mole nor spy Simply networking. The trust and bond is stronger if you get to know them before they become better of then you. Helping them before they truly make it is what I mean by nurturing. Once they are there, the sharing of knowledge and opportunity with you readily, is what I mean by winning them over. There are many more rich people out there that we have not heard of. Access to such people is key to success and networking is the way to meet them

you dont have to waste your time explaining to frenchbriefs.She is full of negative ideas and HER world.
how does a negative young punk understand the important of networking
if you look at all his post (frenchbriefs), you will learn that She has no life..full of negative energy.She can mix well only only
Ralders and virus

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
He amassed 100 million working as remisier.....as pointman for big time Malaysian clients. He was ready to retire on that.
The big score came simply by his connection to sugar king's nephew and his investment in Wilmar.

haha. as usual your info is always some half cooked stories from 3rd parties. you sure know nuts. you don't get rich by being a remisier as the commissions are peanuts and take multiple lifetimes to earn his fortune. he got rich because he was the undercover remisier for malaysian big wigs who manipulate the malaysian stock market from outside as they cannot be caught doing it in KL and he used these inside time sensitive info to buy stocks himself and play the market. even KL remisier don't dare to do it. who are these malayysian bigwigs. they are u**o top guys. precisely who I am not at liberty to say although I know who he is. only a very very few select people in KL know who they are. just that this guy is really powerful and even najib cannot touch him, if you are so good in your intel you would know who is but obviously you know nuts. after they found out they got angry and ......but he already made a few hundred millions and ran .......
wilmar was just his lucky break when he used these proceeds to buy into wilmar. there are even more juicy details but no point talking here to pseudo insiders who bull shit.
from my past posts I have told alot of stories only real insiders know. so don't come here and pull a fast one on people who know the inside stories. all your info is from other people versions which is pure crap and from 3rd or 4 th parties who only know old wives gossips. If you are so good tell me who this big wig is or tell what is his occupation? so stop bullsh!tting here.

all these feel good stories by the press are just to present a clean image. 90% of all asian billionaires are crooks. only one I respect is Robert Kouk. stayed near his place in JB when young and know his family . a decent guy but really smart and shrewd. only businessman Deng Xiao Ping would personally welcome at the great hall.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha. as usual your info is always some half cooked stories from 3rd parties. you sure know nuts. you don't get rich by being a remisier as the commissions are peanuts. he got rich because he was the undercover remisier for malaysian big wigs who manipulate the malaysian stock market from outside as they cannot be caught doing it in KL and he used these inside time sensitive info to buy stocks himself and play the market. who are these malayysian bigwigs. they are u**o top guys. precisely who I am not at liberty to say although I know who he is. only a very few select people in KL know who they are. just that this guy is really powerful and even najib cannot touch him, if you are so good in your intel you would know who is but obviously you know nuts. after they found out they got angry and ......but he already made a few hundred millions. wilmar was just his lucky break when he used these proceeds to buy into wilmar. there are even more juicy details but no point talking here to pseudo insiders.
from my past posts I have told alot of stories only insiders know. so don't come here and pull a fast one on people who know the inside stories. all your info is from other people versions which is pure crap and from 3rd or 4 th parties who only know old wives gossips. If you are so good tell me who this big wig is or tell what is his occupation?

all these feel good stories by the press are just to present a clean image. 90% of all asian billionaires are crooks. only one I respect is Robert Kouk. stayed near his place in JB when young and know his family . a decent guy but really smart and shrewd. only businessman Deng Xiao Ping would personally welcome at the great hall.

Hehe you let me suan about property prices so now beh tahan.....
But you are letting your hatred for me get the better of you.
Chill man no point attacking me an anonymous nick in a faceless internet forum haha

Back to topic....did I claim I was an insider sharing insider info?
This is coffeeshop forum we share what we want to share.....
You claim you know more then share lor.....dun name drop go round talk big in circle end up say know but decline to say.
Got talk like no talk half fuck like that at least I 'contributed' more than you haha.
So not happy with my info then debunk it....dun claim to be some big shot insider knowing more but refuse to say that is as good as bullshit.
So far what you mention is all public knowledge....want to malu me you got to do more.
Anyway its an anonymous forum online credibility is machiam same as your illusions of grandeur....

Big cannon fairy claimed to be sugar king's Neighbour haha joke of the week by new tua kang yaosiew of Sbf!
Dun let me rile you if not the more angry you are the more joker you become

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe you let me suan about property prices so now beh tahan.....
But you are letting your hatred for me get the better of you.
Chill man no point attacking me an anonymous nick in a faceless internet forum haha

Back to topic....did I claim I was an insider sharing insider info?
This is coffeeshop forum we share what we want to share.....
You claim you know more then share lor.....dun name drop go round talk big in circle end up say know but decline to say.
Got talk like no talk half fuck like that at least I 'contributed' more than you haha.
So not happy with my info then debunk it....dun claim to be some big shot insider knowing more but refuse to say that is as good as bullshit.
So far what you mention is all public knowledge....want to malu me you got to do more.
Anyway its an anonymous forum online credibility is machiam same as your illusions of grandeur....

Big cannon fairy claimed to be sugar king's Neighbour haha joke of the week by new tua kang yaosiew of Sbf!
Dun let me rile you if not the more angry you are the more joker you become

haha seem you are very angry as your bluff has been called. like I said you know nothing, so stop pretending. everytiime you say something I would exposed your pseudo inside stories. like I said I don't speculate in properties and just tell the truth as I see it. seems the truth hurts to you. Why I am doing all this is to expose pseudos like you who talk big but are cowards . talk as if the whole market can be manipulated easily and as if the property market can be talk up. if you cannot take the heat please fark off and don't call people fair cannon like some small kid. all these is small kids taunting I last heard in kindergarten and coffeshop amongst useless kopitiams bankrupt uncles who spend their whole days boasting to china meimei. if you want to expose somebody or claim to know how PL got rich , then tell the real thing and not some crap rumours from 3rd parties or from some gossip sites. sometimes if you keep quiet, poeple might still give you the doubt of intelligence rather than open your mouth and remove all doubts.
like I said I move in very very top inner circles . whether you believe it or not is immaterial to me. if you think I am fairy cannon so be it. only thing matter is my credubility amongst my top circles of billionaires and VVIPs friend.
you really has no cow sense. of couse I am not so idiotic as to espose the whole truth and make real enemies and I mean real powerful people here we are talking about. when these people know they have been exposed , they would get back at the source. I only show a little to prove my credubility, thats all. not so stupid as to expose everything. see what happen to wikileaks Julain assange when he expose everthing and got to run and hide as his life is in danger. the very fact you do not even know this aspect shows your ignorance.
those who read my previous posts know I am not bullshitting. in fact a waste of my time talking to you. just find it fun exposing pseudos like you

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha seem you are very angry as your bluff has been called. like I said you know nothing, so stop pretending. everytiime you say something I would exposed your pseudo inside stories. like I said I don't speculate in properties and just tell the truth as I see it. seems the truth hurts to you. Why I am doing all this is to expose pseudos like you who talk big but are cowards . talk as if the whole market can be manipulated easily and as if the property market can be talk up. if you cannot take the heat please fark off and don't call people fair cannon like some small kid. all these is small kids taunting I last heard in kindergarten and coffeshop amongst useless kopitiams bankrupt uncles who spend their whole days boasting to china meimei. if you want to expose somebody or claim to know how PL got rich , then tell the real thing and not some crap rumours from 3rd parties or from some gossip sites. sometimes if you keep quiet, poeple might still give you the doubt of intelligence rather than open your mouth and remove all doubts.
like I said I move in very very top inner circles . whether you believe it or not is immaterial to me. if you think I am fairy cannon so be it. only thing matter is my credubility amongst my top circles of billionaires and VVIPs friend. those who read my previous posts know I am not bullshitting. in fact a waste of my time talking to you. just find it fun exposing pseudos like you

Expose? Haha you know me personally?
Joker you taking cyberspace too seriously.
Pseudo? Pray tell what is my online persona as I am not sure myself because I did not fashion one.
Meanwhile the entire Sbf now know you as the mover shaker who move in TOP CIRCLES haha we are honourec with your presence here.

Número UNO aka big wig sugar king's Neighbour.....
Thank you for gracing sam's humble forum to share insider info that you can't reveal....haha
Thanks for dropping by to 'expose' pseudos like me....expose simply by claiming to know this and that but cannot reveal.

No need cyber bully me a faceless nick la.
You claim to be who you are then share more lor.....I might believe you but others might not.
What was sugar king's JB address then? For starters name us his family members that you so familar with lor....
All this info though also can be dug out by a non insider but at least show us something la.....just to whet our appetite.
Revealing such basic info won't jeopardize your ID. But at least offer some substance la.
How? Take up my challenge? Can increase your online credibility too haha.
Come on jester lets entertain us

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agreed. usually all these advice sound simple and is not the whole picture which is not rosy at all. heard alot of unsavoury things like manipulation of stocks. raffles town club saga is just a indicator of the level these people would go to and it is not a rosy picture .. compared to all these "feel good" stories which are crap. alot of sensitive dettails I know . sultan of brunei remisier is only the a small part. heard the malaysian bigwigs are his clients

Thanks you sharing....nothing.
We take your word for it. Hook line and sinker.
As you are the top inner circle mover who knows all the insider info....BUT you can't reveal shit.
We truly understand thank you for sharing your vast knowledge here.
We are in AWE.
Only you can know we the rest dunno.
Only your insider info is genuine....psuedos like me sprout crap.
You insider info is really first hand man as your are true insider Neighbour of Robert kuok.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expose? Haha you know me personally?
Joker you taking cyberspace too seriously.
Pseudo? Pray tell what is my online persona as I am not sure myself because I did not fashion one.
Meanwhile the entire Sbf now know you as the mover shaker who move in TOP CIRCLES haha we are honourec with your presence here.

Número UNO aka big wig sugar king's Neighbour.....
Thank you for gracing sam's humble forum to share insider info that you can't reveal....haha
Thanks for dropping by to 'expose' pseudos like me....expose simply by claiming to know this and that but cannot reveal.

No need cyber bully me a faceless nick la.
You claim to be who you are then share more lor.....I might believe you but others might not.
What was sugar king's JB address then? For starters name us his family members that you so familar with lor....
All this info though also can be dug out by a non insider but at least show us something la.....just to whet our appetite.
Revealing such basic info won't jeopardize your ID. But at least offer some substance la.
How? Take up my challenge? Can increase your online credibility too haha.
Come on jester lets entertain us

haha. i am the airport catching aflight and this is ridiculous. you did not read my previous posts carefully. alot of info were actually hidden between the lines. only those smart enough know where the links are and a bit of deduction from the hints would tell you so much info about all the exposes.

anyway since you throw a challenge, I would then give you an appetizer to show I mean business when I say I moved in the very top 0.0001% of society. since you ask about RK then RK.
Rkuok is in HK. last saw himvery long ago. very reclusive.
house in the peak. when he was way back in JB in 1970s his old house was in Bukit Chagar, now demolished for new CIQ. His late motehr a very pleasant lady. a pious buddhist. old house is a very Long wooden bungalow on stilts with a badminton court in the front porch full of orchids plants down a slope. later moved to a bungalow pelangi housing estate. then no guards usually as family well known philantripist. cousin is kuek ho yao. who with kuok start a lorry company kuok bros. KHY a tan sri which is a VVIP. very nice simlple gentlemen , no airs and moved around in old merc alone. ofetn seen himeating at stalls alone. RK then in KL. KHY kidnapped in 1982 as he does not believe in bodyguards and was a n easier target. family kept a secret and never report it. paid off $35m which is a very huge sum then. poor guy was released unharmed but in shock. never revealed to anyone. bad mistake as same kidnappers got greedy and kidnapped him again 2 years later. demand $50m. old matriach fuming mad refused to be ransomed a second time. RK called up MM(his good friend). MM overnight ordered the IGP sent downto JB with top SWAT team from police commando unit. top guy/IGP hanniff O came to JB and took over operations completely. with police intel busted and shot dead 7 kidnappers within 48 hours. RK has a sister married and BIL surnnaemd Ha. BIL died young. you can ask those old malaysian tycoons about it. some know what i said. RK is very reclusive and alot of people does even know he has a bro that joned MCP and shot dead in jungle.
that's enough. RK is the only businessman I respect. sad but he got played out by mm later and that's why he shift based to HK. help deng XP solved a bankrun in 1990s and after that deng trusted him alot. allow him to start shangrila kerry hotels. before that all foreigners are not allow to buy land or hotel.
otehrsdetails too sensitive. so bye. no more time wasting on this trivial ppursuit

Last edited: