• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MBK food court

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheaper and tastier than the crap they serve at Koufu or Food Republic.

One step forward, two steps back... 50 years of progress? I don't think so. :wink:

Thais are also very finicky about cleanliness, so no risk of gutter oil.

have always liked their provision of boiling water to dip your cutlery for that added layer of hygiene.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
have always liked their provision of boiling water to dip your cutlery for that added layer of hygiene.

It's not boiling water it's just 80℃ tepid water and it isn't hot enough to kill anything with just a 5 second dip.

In order to kill nasties, utensils need to be boiled @ 100℃ for at least 60 seconds.

It's a gimmick to make you feel safer.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not boiling water it's just 80℃ tepid water and it isn't hot enough to kill anything with just a 5 second dip.

In order to kill nasties, utensils need to be boiled @ 100℃ for at least 60 seconds.

It's a gimmick to make you feel safer.

agree, and altho its not sterilised, it does make me feel safer than those food that's sold in hole in the wall joints.
so far no runs yet, except for those joints where they water down when beer jugs are ordered, so only bottled beers now.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
terminal 21 shopping centre. Quite nice looking at asok. It's near soi cowboy so if you stay near there and walk around you will see kathoeys roaming about.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....so long yet never been to Terminal 21, heard from wife they have theme toilets
johnny333 said:
recommend Terminal 21 which is next to the Asoka MRT station. food court at the top floor is great. ...many restaurants including Yoshinoya
Very central and convenient location for T21, BTS/MRT interchange. Basement also got some cafes and eateries, less crowded than top floors.

Yes, the loos are spotless too. With a cineplex to boot (use the express lifts over the mazy escalators). And to top it all, Soi Cowboy is just across.. underpass :p

Asides on MBK, can usually bump across sinkies with their singlish chirping

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't intend to return to Spore until the haze clears. It is now the low season & I brought enough $ to last .

Easy for me to take long vacations in Los. I'm actually waiting for the ASEAN free trade thing because it may make things easier to move to Los.

Sure ... it's now the low season but also the rainy season especially in Pattaya.
Most of the roads in Pattaya are now waiting for a new coat of asphalt and you get flooding everywhere you walk when it rains.
You may end up getting stuck somewhere during late afternoon until evening time and this gonna spoil your mood when you plan to visit some of the night spots.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've just returned from visiting MBK in Bangkok & I bust say that I' m impressed with the renovations that they have done.

The food court is now cleaner with more space. The top floor where the cinema is really nice. It's got many restaurants e.g. SIZZLER, KFC, MK, japanese restaurants, .... The bowling alley is also up there. Why I like the floor is because it is not crowded like the lower floors with all the pasar malam type of stalls.

The exchange rate is now 25.40 baht to sin$1. So going to Los is now cheaper.

There is also no haze here. Just normal pollution.

Kuih Puki cheaper too?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure ... it's now the low season but also the rainy season especially in Pattaya.
Most of the roads in Pattaya are now waiting for a new coat of asphalt and you get flooding everywhere you walk when it rains.
You may end up getting stuck somewhere during late afternoon until evening time and this gonna spoil your mood when you plan to visit some of the night spots.

Weather in Pattaya has been ok so far. Not as hot as in the early months. It is also quiet. . Good time for a visit:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already have problems trying to remember between the 2 names ,City Square or City View which are the names of the 2 malls in Spore & JB:(

There is also a Centre Point in Batam. However since the one in Spore is no longer around it's not a problem.

You mean Centrepoint at Orchard road? It is still around but Robinson moved out already. The last I saw metro was renovating to take over the space.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean Centrepoint at Orchard road? It is still around but Robinson moved out already. The last I saw metro was renovating to take over the space.

Is it still around? Thought they demolished it

I notice that Robinson is moving expanding to the Heran. Thought that Marks & Spencer moved to singapura Plaza. In Pattaya there is also a Marks & Spencer at the Central Festival mall. There is nothing unique in Spore which you can't find elsewhere.

Not the Food or the shopping.

Just had my dinner at MK at the Central Festival mall. Had green noodles, wanton, & char siew. Also had spring rolls & free flow of tea. All for 140 baht. They also threw in free entertainment where the servers did a kind of dance:smile: I think it's their anniversary dance? They gave me a receipt & a dietary breakdown of my meal:eek:
Energy 706 Kcal
Protein 31 gm
Carbohydrate 85 gm
Fat 25.8 gm
Dietary fibre 5.6 gm
Sodium 1.5gm
Calcium 134.4 mg
Iron 2.5 mg

No msg was added :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll be there next weekend in the mean time sulking here in hazy Jkt.

You have to be carful about the pollution. When I was there when I was younger I started to develop a cough because I was walking around a lot in the open.

That is why today I am paranoid about the haze. Better take antioxidants to help the body counter the haze.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You have to be carful about the pollution. When I was there when I was younger I started to develop a cough because I was walking around a lot in the open.

That is why today I am paranoid about the haze. Better take antioxidants to help the body counter the haze.

Thanks. So far no warning from our Pattaya resident. Anyway I will be spending 3 days mostly indoors or at least in the resort.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I notice that Robinson is moving expanding to the Heran. Thought that Marks & Spencer moved to singapura Plaza. In Pattaya there is also a Marks & Spencer at the Central Festival mall. There is nothing unique in Spore which you can't find elsewhere.

Just had my dinner at MK at the Central Festival mall. Had green noodles, wanton, & char siew. Also had spring rolls & free flow of tea. All for 140 baht. They also threw in free entertainment where the servers did a kind of dance:smile: I think it's their anniversary dance? They gave me a receipt & a dietary breakdown of my meal:eek:
Energy 706 Kcal
Protein 31 gm
Carbohydrate 85 gm
Fat 25.8 gm
Dietary fibre 5.6 gm
Sodium 1.5gm
Calcium 134.4 mg
Iron 2.5 mg

I had dim sum at MK restaurant in the mall called Futurepark Rangsit, on the outskirts of Bangkok. The waitresses were cute and not very proficient in English. :wink::biggrin:

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Central World near Siam Square is also good hunting ground for food especially Jap food. Kobune on the 4th level is not bad.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Energy 706 Kcal
Protein 31 gm
Carbohydrate 85 gm
Fat 25.8 gm
Dietary fibre 5.6 gm
Sodium 1.5gm
Calcium 134.4 mg
Iron 2.5 mg

Yeah Centrepoint still around and Marks & spencer is also still there, only Robinsons moved to Heeren. I saw not much crowd at the new Robinson Heeren, maybe become too high class haha.

Wow 140 baht sounds like a good deal. MK is food court? I haven't been to Bangkok for like 8 years and can't remember much except staying at the Baiyoke sky hotel the last time I was there. Any new tourist class hotels you recommend? Next time I can try when go there.