• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MBK food court

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've just returned from visiting MBK in Bangkok & I bust say that I' m impressed with the renovations that they have done.

The food court is now cleaner with more space. The top floor where the cinema is really nice. It's got many restaurants e.g. SIZZLER, KFC, MK, japanese restaurants, .... The bowling alley is also up there. Why I like the floor is because it is not crowded like the lower floors with all the pasar malam type of stalls.

The exchange rate is now 25.40 baht to sin$1. So going to Los is now cheaper.

There is also no haze here. Just normal pollution.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
?

the National Stadium and Siam BTS Stations are nearby.
Brings back fond memories.
MBK was the trendy place in the 90s to pick up their school gals.
Wonder if Pathunam Princess hotel is still there.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've just returned from visiting MBK in Bangkok & I bust say that I' m impressed with the renovations that they have done.

The food court is now cleaner with more space. The top floor where the cinema is really nice. It's got many restaurants e.g. SIZZLER, KFC, MK, japanese restaurants, .... The bowling alley is also up there. Why I like the floor is because it is not crowded like the lower floors with all the pasar malam type of stalls.

Hi

Is is true that one should avoid street food when in Thailand?

Please advise.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
?

the National Stadium and Siam BTS Stations are nearby.
Brings back fond memories.
MBK was the trendy place in the 90s to pick up their school gals.
Wonder if Pathunam Princess hotel is still there.

MBK was once the biggest shopping centre in Asia...back in the 80s.
The hotel was only added a few years later....I saw it being built and was one of its first guests when they opened circa 1989...
Many fond memories of this place. Most convienient meeting point for one.
Sianing the chiobu salesgirls there etc...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would also like to recommend Terminal 21 which is next to the Asoka MRT station. The food court at the top floor is great. Other than the food court it has many, many,... restaurants including Yoshinoya. The Yoshinoya restaurant in bkk has a larger menu option than what you find in Spore..

Over there it is run like a restaurant that a DIY fast food outlet.

The prices seem to be cheaper than what you find at the Siam Mall.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I would also like to recommend Terminal 21 which is next to the Asoka MRT station. The food court at the top floor is great. Other than the food court it has many, many,... restaurants including Yoshinoya. The Yoshinoya restaurant in bkk has a larger menu option than what you find in Spore..

Over there it is run like a restaurant that a DIY fast food outlet.

The prices seem to be cheaper than what you find at the Siam Mall.

Lived in Bangkok so long yet never been to Terminal 21, heard from wife they have theme toilets

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

you forgot to mention, most important boh roaches and rats running about.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MBK was once the biggest shopping centre in Asia...back in the 80s.
The hotel was only added a few years later....I saw it being built and was one of its first guests when they opened circa 1989...
Many fond memories of this place. Most convienient meeting point for one.
Sianing the chiobu salesgirls there etc...

MBK is still very popular. It is the peoples park of bkk:smile:
I bought myself two back scratchers for 250 baht

There are newer malls out there but they are targeting the higher end.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi

Is is true that one should avoid street food when in Thailand?

Please advise.

That's utter bollocks. Some of the best food in Thailand are street food. Especially in the rural village areas.

If you're so scared of food poisoning, bring along some activated charcoal tablets when travelling.