• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Current police commissioner Ng Joo Hee to head PUB on Jan 2015

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
LI riot, his men ran and hide inside ambulance

what is Orchard Rd water pipe burst,

his men run and hide inside ambulance them how

?

no lah,
they no run away lah.

it is a Tactical Retreat to Regroup and Strategise.

somemore, got medals what.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i am not wrong, PUB is directly under Vivan Balakrishanan's Ministry. Vivan is the minister in charge of Water and don't know what ministry.

NEA is also under Vivan Balakrishnan's watch now.

NEA has problem with law enforcement and has some problem with ALPHATEC. So, this ex police police commissioner comes in handy to make life more difficult for Opposition ward run Town council in future. Or put it nicely, draw out more law enforcement procedure, upgrade new ruling and boundary. He is the right man for the job, under Vivian.

So, it is not wasted. You guys are wrong. It is just the jigzaw puzzle falling into places. Ng, still draw the same wage and salary. Live comfortably till he retires. Huat ah !!!

Since he can't be dismissed, he failed in quelling the riot and make the PAP leadership look bad. We will make him take up smaller roles.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whay does a police man know about running utilities company, uneless all that is needed is to listen and say yes

It doesn't matter what he knows: the PAP always takes care of its own dogs, cronies and scholars.

Unless the sin is too huge e.g. Michael Palmer and Choo Wee Khiang, they won't leave you in the lurch.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is a point the gong cheebyes failed to see.
If let him run cisco or ateos or even PS in homeland security I got nothing to say.

Yup, this is uniquely a PAP system.

Here we have a fucker Ng Jui Her who is running the Police force as a SPF overseas scholar. SO, lets see now. SPF award u overseas scholarship, that means they want to bond u and have you serve in the Police force when you return, right? So, u would think he got a degree in criminology, or law enforcement, or policing of some sort, right? Wrong. He was allowed to study engineering in Oxford. WTF. So after the big Little India fuckup, the right thing to do was for this shit to resign. The right thing for the COI to do was to recommend his dismissal. But no, removing him would have be an admission that a PAP top scholar and elite was at fault. So, they wait for a little while and quietly remove him to PUB, when he can cause a whole new series of fuck ups. The PAP is now switiching its source of scholars groomed for the PAP at the expense of the taxpayer from the SAF to the SPF.

It was bad enough he is backpedalling on the COI, but he try to divert attention to Geylang. As if the LI riot was no big deal. His famous qoutes:

“Today, despite the riot in Little India, I worry more for Geylang.. If Singaporeans are irked by the littering, the noise and the jaywalking in Little India, they’ll certainly and quickly sense that there exists a hint of lawlessness in Geylang” (“1,000 more cops needed to boost force: Police chief”, The Straits Times, A2)

“Geylang is a potential powder keg”

“I think many of my counterparts in the other side of the world would have taken this riot any time.” (“Police didn’t use deadly force to quell Little India riot“, The Straits Times, B3)

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter what he knows: the PAP always takes care of its own dogs, cronies and scholars.

Unless the sin is too huge e.g. Michael Palmer and Choo Wee Khiang, they won't leave you in the lurch.

They decided that he was the useless dog they needed to get rid of after Little India and the cop who killed the Hougang car repair man.
Needed him to exit "gracefully" and reserved this new job for him, after the seat was vacant a few months back.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE — The Commissioner of Police, Mr Ng Joo Hee, will be appointed chief executive of PUB from Jan 6, replacing Mr Chew Men Leong, former head of the national water agency, who moved to become chief executive at the Land Transport Authority (LTA) earlier this month.

Mr Ng will also take on a concurrent appointment as Deputy Secretary (Special Duties) for the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources next year.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, who is also Coordinating Minister for National Security and Minister for Home Affairs, said Mr Ng made significant improvements to reduce crime and “introduced various initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the force and to provide our officers with more capabilities to carry out their duties”.

The outgoing Police Commissioner will be succeeded by the director of the Criminal Investigation Department, Mr Hoong Wee Teck.

In response to his appointment, Mr Ng said, “When I signed on the dotted line 29 years ago and became a police officer, my main purpose was to get a scholarship so that I can attend Oxford University. It was never my youthful ambition to become a cop. But I turned out to be a fairly decent policeman and am tremendously privileged and honoured to have been the police commissioner these past five years.”

He added, “My only motivation for coming to work every morning is the grave responsibility that I have for the 12,000 or so hardworking policemen and women in the SPF, and our collective mission for safeguarding public safety in Singapore. Our men and women in blue are a real treasure. Their daily toil often goes unappreciated, but is the stuff that produces the almost miraculous safety-from-crime that we enjoy every day. I only hope that my leadership has been worthy of their hard work and sacrifice.”

Mr Chew Men Leong was previously chief executive of the PUB from Dec 8, 2011 to Sept 30 this year. During his term, the PUB enhanced flood protection and launched several major projects, including the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System Phase 2, the new Tuas Water Reclamation Plant, and another integrated NEWater Plant.

TODAY
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-ceos-pub-lta

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the poodles will now get lessons on how to use of water cannons and electrified fences to contain rioters more effectively.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u watch hk movie.
they have this rule that condemned police man go 'jaga' the water reservoir.

Looks like a demotion for me...

Jaga reservoir..??? Is'it too many citizens jumping in to end their lives..???

Maybe he keeps a good watch...

How about Khoo Boon Hui.. also an oxford scholar....is he sidelined,,???

No pic no sound for quite a while..

Maybe these people stands up for their principles and offend the crown prince.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys should be happy now... The new CP is not a scholar... 3 Cheers for CP Hoong Wei Teck!!!:rolleyes:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like a demotion for me...
Jaga reservoir..??? Is'it too many citizens jumping in to end their lives..???
Maybe he keeps a good watch...
How about Khoo Boon Hui.. also an oxford scholar....is he sidelined ,,???
No pic no sound for quite a while..
Maybe these people stands up for their principles and offend the crown prince.

this is verdict of the BOI .... sabo by the ah nehs and his kar kias :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Such a kind, compassionate government. :smile: I cannot understand why some nasty people could hate them.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
whay does a police man know about running utilities company, uneless all that is needed is to listen and say yes

We had Mj Gen Boey Tak Hap running PUB before GCT removed him for sheer incompetence... who paid for the shit??

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lets see whether the PUB head will reduce electricity tariffs after the huge drop in oil prices -no prize for guessing what they will do.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lets see whether the PUB head will reduce electricity tariffs after the huge drop in oil prices -no prize for guessing what they will do.

These so-called CEOs got ZERO say in pricing.
They are just mere puppets at the back and call of their Master's Voice.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps you are right. I feel that this is the "reward" for his men botching the LI riot.

I think this clown will make more money from these two posts than being the commissioners. And now he can sit on boards as well.

These $68-million scholars are just screwing us of our money.