• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fandi ahmad’s son, irfan, recognised as one of world’s top 40 best young football tal

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]FANDI AHMAD’S SON, IRFAN, RECOGNISED AS ONE OF WORLD’S TOP 40 BEST YOUNG FOOTBALL TALENTS[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
15 Oct 2014 - 11:36am

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

According to The Guardian’s list of the 40 best young talents in football, local football legend Fandi Ahmads’ son, Irfan Fandi, is in the list.
The 17 year old is the only Singaporean named in the list and he was described as having a “good touch” and likely to be the “striker that coaches have been searching for”. (The Guardian’s original story here)
Irfan has quite a name to live up to being the son of local football legend and current LionsXII head coach but he has certainly been living up to expectations.
Irfan has been recognised as a young talent with a very bright future. He and his 15 yr old younger brother Ikhsan have both also entered an agreement with Malaysian bank CIMB for a 6 figure one-year athlete sponsorship.
Irfan is currently in the under 23 national team and he has been training with a top-tier Chilean football club since December last year.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Tags:
Editorials

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Fandi ahmad’s son, irfan, recognised as one of world’s top 40 best young football

I hope he don't even consider playing in Singapore and for Singapore. Go out and have fun and make a lot of money forget about PAP promises about football. I apologize if I am politizining this thread but I really cannot tahan the lies and fake promises of this PAP about football. There is no fucking hope for soccer in this country.

:oIo:PAP:oIo:PAP:oIo:PAP:oIo:PAP:oIo:PAP:oIo:PAP:oIo:PAP

FunnyAhmad

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fandi ahmad’s son, irfan, recognised as one of world’s top 40 best young football

I'm very happy ....for myself.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At 17 years old, he should be regularly playing for the U-18 team of a big European club.

Otherwise, please don't say he is one of the 'top 40 best young footballers', because that is simply not true.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

fandi will know what's best for his son - as he blew his chances to come back from europe and i'm sure he won't make the same mistake again.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have my doubts about this assessment . Have any European clubs tried to get his signature?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At 17 years old, he should be regularly playing for the U-18 team of a big European club.

Otherwise, please don't say he is one of the 'top 40 best young footballers', because that is simply not true.

yes....................if he's not in Europe right now, then no chance lah.............

heck, I doubt any Asian got any chance at all...............

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

fandi will know what's best for his son - as he blew his chances to come back from europe and i'm sure he won't make the same mistake again.

There's no chance of making the same mistake, because no european club wants him.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There's no chance of making the same mistake, because no european club wants him.

let's wait and see - fandi still has strings with his ex-teammates.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indeed if any good at 12 or so years old already kena poached for top clubs youth program.
At 17 the goods ones already made their senior debut.
His dad is one such example playing for Singapore national team as youngest player ever.
Nevertheless I wish the kid all the best.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal

?

goal 2020????

jw5

Loyal

He will remember to choose Ajax over Gronigen. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He will remember to choose Ajax over Gronigen. :biggrin:

For the record he chose indo club niac mitra over Ajax.
Groningen was 2 years after that when he realized his mistake and wanted another shot at euro football.
Greek club Crete came many years later and was his last shot at euro pro league.

jw5

Loyal

Hey, thanks, I didn't even realise he had played in Greece. :smile:

For the record he chose indo club niac mitra over Ajax.
Groningen was 2 years after that when he realized his mistake and wanted another shot at euro football.
Greek club Crete came many years later and was his last shot at euro pro league.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey, thanks, I didn't even realise he had played in Greece. :smile:

You remembered sundram played for Basel?
The only 2 sinkie footballers with European experience then

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maradona played in the world cup at this age.17. Played for Argentina at 16. And why nobody in Singapore sponsored him? CIMB is Malaysian company.the same one that sponsors world squash champion Nicol Davids.