• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

American nurse with protective gear gets Ebola; how could this happen?

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
(CNN) -- The nurse in Texas seemed to have taken all the precautions needed to protect herself from Ebola.

She wore a mask, gown, shield and gloves. Her patient, a man who contracted the virus in Africa, was in isolation at the Dallas hospital where she worked.

And yet the woman, whose name has not been released, still contracted Ebola, marking the first known transmission ever in the United States. A nurse in Spain who also treated an Ebola patient also caught the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Sunday that there was a breach in protocol in Texas, but officials haven't elaborated on what that means. Instead, they said the protocols laid out for American hospitals work.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/13/health/ebola-nurse-how-could-this-happen/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's obvious, isn't it?

Either the virus got through her mouth, her arse or her cunt.

Go figure.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wil PAP dogs visit Lee Kuan Yew if Lee Kuan Yew is infected with Ebola

dear brothers and sisters,

do you think PAP running dogs and its multi billionaires MP and minister will visit Lee Kuan Yew in the hospital if Lee Kuan Yew is infected with Ebola?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
(CNN) -- The nurse in Texas seemed to have taken all the precautions needed to protect herself from Ebola.

She wore a mask, gown, shield and gloves. Her patient, a man who contracted the virus in Africa, was in isolation at the Dallas hospital where she worked.

And yet the woman, whose name has not been released, still contracted Ebola, marking the first known transmission ever in the United States. A nurse in Spain who also treated an Ebola patient also caught the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Sunday that there was a breach in protocol in Texas, but officials haven't elaborated on what that means. Instead, they said the protocols laid out for American hospitals work.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/13/health/ebola-nurse-how-could-this-happen/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The problem is notbwith the gear, but what the person did when taking it off. The gear is heavy and hot. The person will be sweating like fuck. When taking it off and she forgot and scratch her forehead, she can get infected too. Similar case as the Spanish one

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nina pham was not wearing a hazmat suit when attending to the patient. she could have contracted the virus through a number of ways: via gloves when removing them, via urine when disposing of it in the toilet by flushing (droplets of water, urine and feces can get in your eyes), eye shield is no protection as there are gaps, cough droplets in the ward still linger around and may float to changing room (hospital isolation ward is not air tight), air conditioning is contaminated in ward, etc.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmo Lumber ONE!

258x7uw.png

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Angmo Lumber ONE!

Ang Moh countries are more compassionate and take care of the poor, sick and aged, unlike the greedy PAP

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
America is spreading Ebola!

No thanks to gay marriage supporters. It is a punishment from God. Wealthy Americans have the means to fly. Imagine how fast and far this thing will spread.

Frontier Airlines says it is notifying up to 800 passengers linked to flights Ebola patient Amber Vinson took.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
About Ebola: 6 reasons to panic

As a rule, one should not panic at whatever crisis has momentarily fixed the attention of cable news producers. But the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, which has migrated to both Europe and America, may be the exception that proves the rule. There are at least six reasons that a controlled, informed panic might be in order.

(1) Start with what we know, and don’t know, about the virus. Officials from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other government agencies claim that contracting Ebola is relatively difficult because the virus is only transmittable by direct contact with bodily fluids from an infected person who has become symptomatic. Which means that, in theory, you can’t get Ebola by riding in the elevator with someone who is carrying the virus, because Ebola is not airborne.

This sounds reassuring. Except that it might not be true. There are four strains of the Ebola virus that have caused outbreaks in human populations. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, the current outbreak (known as Guinean EBOV, because it originated in Meliandou, Guinea, in late November 2013) is a separate clade “in a sister relationship with other known EBOV strains.” Meaning that this Ebola is related to, but genetically distinct from, previous known strains, and thus may have distinct mechanisms of transmission.

Not everyone is convinced that this Ebola isn’t airborne. Last month, the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy published an article arguing that the current Ebola has “unclear modes of transmission” and that “there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles both near and at a distance from infected patients, which means that healthcare workers should be wearing respirators, not facemasks.”

Full article: 6 reasons to panic

Area51

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: About Ebola: 6 reasons to panic

Doesn't worry me at all because i am the only one who has the vaccine.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ang Moh countries are more compassionate and take care of the poor, sick and aged, unlike the greedy PAP

Once I asked a nursing friend why she wouldn't migrate as her occupation is much welcomed overseas. She told me that ang mo hospital will put Asian nurses in contagious cases or dreadful jobs only. When I saw the identity of the first nurse who got infected, my friend's reasoning came to my mind. For the 2nd nurse, they are withholding the name . Hopefully she/he is not Asian or black. Otherwise it will only make me believe more that they are "compassionate" at others expense.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Once I asked a nursing friend why she wouldn't migrate as her occupation is much welcomed overseas. She told me that ang mo hospital will put Asian nurses in contagious cases or dreadful jobs only. When I saw the identity of the first nurse who got infected, my friend's reasoning came to my mind. For the 2nd nurse, they are withholding the name . Hopefully she/he is not Asian or black. Otherwise it will only make me believe more that they are "compassionate" at others expense.

Interesting point. Just as the pap compels SG guys to do NS to protect foreigners in SG, will the pap put Singapore nurses in contagious wards first so as to protect foreign nurses?

When will Singaporeans wake up?